Difficulty of Finding Finding Non Pub Games

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Allenssmart, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Allenssmart

Allenssmart New Member

The difficulty of starting your own alpha/apollo game is fucking ridiculous. After more than an hour of waiting, with 90 people in the channel, you'll have about 4 people. Everybody that idles in the channel is a fucking douchebag elitist the refuses to play with anyone they don't know. It is these fuckers that are the cancer of NOTD. They wait until some NOTD god shows up and they join. Then they ignore your matches. This shit needs to end now.
  2. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

Those are just the scrubs waiting to get carried.
  3. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

I don't do Alpha because of my shitty computer. I don't do Apollo because... I haven't done it in a while, and Migrains, which I have nuff of, as well as getting severely terrible Lat (15~30 seconds between starting an action, and it then being done), in all -nm modes with more than 4 people, Esp. Apollo B (hell, it gave me that lat in Normal Apollo B, not -nm)

Hence, I pub b/c of my silly excuses.
  4. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

One reason people wait in channel, is many have varying skill in NotD, but most fail in leading an actual game, and don't want to. Most don't want to figure out class arrangements, tell team to go to X, player to get Y skill or use Z weapon. Consequentially, those who CAN do this are seen as key players for a game, and people will wait for them. Most simply want to be led so they don't have to think about too many things at once, and get some guidance and yes, even carried. Getting carried over and over may be bad, but many need carrying, otherwise they die, and don't even know or understand why. I personally will let anyone do normal of a mode, but I generally will NOT do any NM with someone who has NOT beaten the normal mode a few times, simply because they lack the story knowledge.
  5. Arturia

I lack any current / up-to-date knowledge on Alpha & Apollo Sec, as of late, as well as -nm mode changes in Easy Co.

I simply don't want to burden people with my lack of up-to-date knowledge (and lag).
  6. Clown
    • Donator

Clown Well-Known Member

I hope you read AP's post. His viewpoint is a reasonable one.

I think that you'll find most players are quite willing to join a random alpha or apollo game in general... but think about it. You have to keep in mind that of players idling in channel, many might actually be afk for hours and others might have specific goals that they want to complete. SSM, MoH, LoM, whatever.

It takes time to put together a solid team once you factor in experience levels and rms due to drops or early deaths. Some people might prefer just pubbing if they aren't playing with friends because it's a hassle and a waste of time to continually rm games with people you don't know - especially if there is no clear party leader.

In addition, think about numbers. Consider how long it takes to put together a pub. Then narrow that pool of potential players significantly by only broadcasting games within one channel that holds - on average - 60-80 people. Of that number, you can assume that the majority are already in a game. If you don't network with players, you'll almost never be able to get a game going during off hours because the pool you're drawing from is so small.

In short, be patient, make some friends, and if you're waiting too long, there's nothing wrong with going through a pub again with an off class or with a specific goal in mind... no hits, ammo conservation, all civs rescued, proper flaring technique... whatever.
  7. Waves_Blade

Waves_Blade New Member

I'm always willing to do survivals or try other modes when I'm on (I seriously am growing to hate doing EC over and over again), shoot me an invite sometime if I'm not in a game (Wavesblade on B-net).

P.S. good post Clown, +1
  8. Pyromaniac

Pyromaniac Well-Known Member

Another option is pm'ing diode for a clan tryout. If you meet expectations for your xp:skill ratio, then you might be qualified enough find another pool of players to play with.
  9. Klobber

Klobber Well-Known Member

Sorry but calling ppl douchebags and cancer won't get you any closer to getting invited to decent games. There are vet players that occasionally join pubs or private games. If you happen to be in those games, prove your worth and I'm sure you'll get invited to vet games more often. Obviously no one wants to go through a game that takes an hour to play only to wipe to some stupid reason due to lack of skill. It becomes frustrating after 2-3 attempts. This has nothing to do with elitism.

But I assure you name calling on forums will more likely get you banned from such games. Start communicating with vets, tell jokes ask for help etc. You may find better results.

This is in no way an attempt to make you feel bad. Just trying to help.
  10. CHENZ

CHENZ New Member

there are clans around here? or only on NA server?
  11. YetiSwarm
    • Donator

YetiSwarm Member

As far as I know, there is only the 1 and it's on NA server.
  12. Arturia

There is only one that I am aware of.
  13. Emperor

Emperor New Member

I hope you realize the channel cap is 100.

If 90 people don't want to join your game, they're no detriment to anything but your ego, apparently.
  14. Shooz
    • Donator

Shooz NOTD Staff: Killjoy

What Clown said is true. Very true for not you alone but, many other players.

This is another option, as in Clan UniT, we're all old vets and seasoned players combined. We can and will pretty much run anything and we're open to new players who don't want to deal with the frustrations of public games and waiting in the channel for a game all the time.

[hr]
    (not over a week, wasn't a thread necro *success kid*)
  15. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

Well I don't Apollo or alphail much is because much like the name I made for alpha recent alphas have made me uneasy playing with players that just hit 1k xp. And If everyone is above 10k xp the alpha is nearly immpossible. I have never won an Apollo with 10k xp so I lack knowlqge of route a and route b after Athena. Pub is just so much easier. (just a notice y has the creator of this thread been banned? I'm just asking because I don't know y)