Demo replays

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Klobber, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Klobber

Klobber Well-Known Member

We all know how powerful explo Demo's can be in the right hands(I'm not one of them), and how dangerously horrible in the wrong. It has it's unique learning curve that may change the difficulty of the game when mastered. So I invite everyone to post there explo demo replays. This will give the people, with much less experience, and idea on how to properly play the class and bring success to their team. Plz note, this is not a pissing contest on who is better. Everyone has their own unique style and play, so I invite all, even inexperienced people to post their replays and receive positive feedback on how to better themselves.

Have never played explo demo, so i can't wait to tk someone by accident:p
    Hope that won't happen though :)
  2. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

Relay is lost to the ages, but I still have this.
    [​IMG]
    Protip: There was no ss.
  3. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Ew, Sagev. The first person that made me want to quit NOTD with the Griefer Gun asshattery.

Heh. I'm not GOOD at the explosives demo... but it's always a lot of fun. Sometimes it's the simple things you enjoy, and for me that's taking moments like Erebos's Approaches, Mineshaft, etc, to do some Mine Art. With the word "Art" liberally used in my case. While also making it functional art that serves a purpose.
  4. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

Nite, you know EXACTLY which 3 replays to post :D :D :D

1) Kith laughing

2) 14 Mags used

3) First game I randomed demo and went xploder.
  5. Klobber

Klobber Well-Known Member

Omg that screenshot is epic lol.
  6. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Yup. FV is silly.

There's also those games where you were so busy debuffing every living creature that walks the moon you FORGOT ABOUT AMMO. Didn't grab any, forgot you used it, just plain forgot. Shame replays don't capture Kith nearly dying of laughter in vent.
  7. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

Pssh, yeah i had 0 ammo by Mil base because i picked up literally nothing, but hey I saved team god knows how much ammo :D
  8. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

So I HAVE a bunch of demo replays, but I name replays like an idiot.
    I have replay names like "WWIII", "Trollmageddon" and "Wow that sucked". Literally noooooo idea whatsoever what some of these could be. I'd post em but I don't wanna waste anyones time.

Also, I got Marloe being a champ, badass, waffle and Demotanking the Queen in a 1998 sr NM.
  9. DrawingDead

DrawingDead Member

I remember one 8 explo demo will all of us using 2 arc's and getting to seth. "Eh lets try using mines to kill him" PILES O' MINES.
    Seth spawns
    Mines do almost nothing
    SCV heals
    SURVIVAL COMMENCE!!
  10. ProbeGst

ProbeGst Well-Known Member

damn those scv healing rate?
  11. marloelikeswaffles

marloelikeswaffles New Member

It would be kinda entertaining to instead chain sap him until you had charges, and then mass satchel.

The things people get up to. =p I'm away from my computer, but I can dig through my replays in a few weeks for successful/unsuccessful -nm or non -nm games in which someone played a good explo.
  12. Froblock

Froblock Well-Known Member

Happened quite a few times with me also. The moment you realize you can't beat Seth..
    [​IMG]
  13. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

"Kith Laughing." What replay was that? I may have that one.