Delta Commando Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Lord NiteShade, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

Alright, here's the deal. I want any and every possible rework for the SubComm's tree posted here. We will vote on which tree we like the best, and this will give the developers a clearer view on the community's thoughts on the matter. I will add any and all applicants to the voting as they are submitted.

In the meantime, all discussion related to the issue is to go here.

The Rules

1: Classes Must have a name, list the name even if it to remain subtlety.
    2: You must list each and every skill, this includes restating existing skills (HS, perception, kms, ect) if need be.
    3: All energy costs, and cooldowns must be listed. By extension this also includes listing toggles, and passives.
    4: You must restate your class in its entirety. I do not care if it's off in some other thread. Linking it is not sufficient.
    5: You may not post someone else's class, it is up to them to post their ideas.
    6. If your class suggestion is a combination of two or more other user suggested classes, state this, as well as the sources of said skills. Combinations are allowed, but only with appropriate documentation.

Now, go forth and gather up your class reworks.
  2. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

RE: Official Subtlety Commando Rework Thread

Might as well start with me. Note that I am no expert at balancing so the numbers can change, it's just the idea I'm proposing.

Adaptation:

Tier 1:

Modulate (Toggle)

Years of fighting with no consistent variable in his battles other than his armor has bonded the commando to his armor so tightly that he is capable of adjusting it tremendously to suit the situation at hand. The commando adjusts the power levels of his armor to increase focus on damage dealing when he is stationary and increase focus upon mobility when he is mobile. This transfers percentages between damage and movement speed when the situations happen. The commando also installs a modulation module into his armor that automatically does this for his allies in 5 radius.

Level 1: Exchanges 2% per second. Maximum 30% change
    Level 2: Exchanges 5% per second. Maximum 60% change
    Level 3: Exchanges 10% per second. Maximum 90% change

It's the classic adaptability skill: exchange one thing for another when the other thing is needed, and exchange back when it isn't. Relies on the commando to use this wisely, especially at level 1 when a 90% change doesn't just disappear in a short time, but isn't so unforgiving at level 3. A good boost to attack damage otherwise, especially for camping spots, and probably has a niche use for the movespeed buff during certain periods of the game (or when you just want to complete the game faster). Will not affect minis due to the possibility for opness.

Status Mastery

Running a quick mastery program that the commando had developed for field use allows the target marine's armor to compensate for conditions and improve its operators efficiency in battle and out of it. As the commando's armor is running the code, it is unable to execute this program. 15 energy cost, 20 second duration, 5 second cooldown.

Level 1: 5% attack and movement speed increase per unique status
    Level 2: 10% attack and movement speed increase per unique status
    Level 3: 15% attack and movement speed increase per unique status

"All it requires is a change in perspective."

Status mastery is mainly for the commando to synergize with other buffing skills such as medic, and to reduce the effect of ailments, especially cripple. Shouldn't encourage people to get ailments though, it isn't worth getting cripple even with level 3 of this ability (not to mention cripple lasts much longer). Commando can't target himself to prevent hybrid builds using adrenaline + surgical strike + this for basically 30% attack speed boost and movement speed boost. Also, the non-self targeting nature also encourages the support role of the commando.

Tier 2:

Adaptive Utilization (Passive)

The commando is capable of unconventional methods of weapon utilization, allowing for an overall increase in reload and attack damage. Nearby allies in radius 5 that use the same weapon as the commando benefit from the damage increase, allies that manually reload benefit from the reloading increase.

Level 1: +10% damage and 30% reload. Half effect on allies.
    Level 2: +20% damage and 40% reload. Half effect on allies.

"Log Entry 5: Today I saw the commando use the weapon in a way I have never seen before. I have no idea what he was doing, but it seemed to be effective."

A passive aura that boosts the commando's dps ability and also those of his allies around him. This will most likely be leveled up if there are weapons that really benefit from the reload boost, examples of weapons include barretts and hmg, but really any weapon benefits from a reload boost. The damage boost is just a small boost to the commando's and allies dps.

Improvised Explosives

Even scrap metal can be made to explode in the hands of the Adaptation commando. The commando quickly makes a device from scrap metal and then plants it at his feet. The process takes 1 second. Each explosive device can be remotely detonated. Explosive device has 150 health (but isn't cloaked). 10 sec cooldown. 20 energy cost. 50% effect on allies.

Level 1: Allows the flare charge. Flare charge can either light to work as a road flare in radius 5 or explode to light all creatures in radius 4 on fire. Targets affected by the explosion take 20 damage a second for 30 seconds and illuminate in radius 4 to all marines. The fire effect does not stack.

Level 2: Allows the disable charge. Disable charge can detonate to stun all nonboss creatures in radius 4 for 7 seconds or detonate to deal 150 damage to all nonboss creatures and cripple them in radius 5. +100% damage to massive.

“Wasted Potential surrounds us. Lend me that flare, and let me see what it can be made to be.”

An amazing skill with lots of utility (or at least in my opinion). I've decided to change shrapnel explosive to a fire based flare charge, designed to illuminate an area like a road flare, or to keep tabs on enemies by illuminating them, such as bosses, dealing minor DoT damage (but still much more than ow from the previous shrapnel explosive). Which way the charge is used depends on the situation, the fire one for high health creatures, the flare one for low health ones. Either way, it's a minor damaging aoe and a flare tool rolled into one handy planted explosive.

The disable charge is mainly used defensively, to either cripple parts of the enemy wave to split it up, or stun them as they try to climb up ramps where the marines are. Note that the disabling charges are meant to be placed before hand, the commando places them at his feet, and the friendly fire means that this will have to be done before the battle in anticipation for it.

Tier 3:

Adaptation is Key

Installing the ultimate Adaptability module on his armor has allowed the armor to compensate on a microscopic level for any small change in the marine's condition. The Adaptability module allows for execution of the code into other marines' armor that allows the other marine's armor to microcompensate as well. This means that the marine is capable of becoming better at an action the more he does it as the armor adapts to the marine's condition. After each stack of the buff is added, there is a brief cooldown time specific to the buff that prevents more of it from being added until the time has passed.

Level 1: Target allied marine gains +5% movespeed per 2 units moved with 1 second delay time, +5% attack speed and damage per attack with 0.5 second delay time, +1 armor per hit with 1 second delay time and +1 energy regeneration per ability used with 5 second delay time. Each of these boosts lasts for the full duration of the buff.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today."

In case you don't understand the skill, it basically gives each class a special buff depending on their strengths. Dps classes benefit from improved damage and attack speed. Tanks benefit from increased armor. Casters benefit from increased energy regen and mobility classes benefit from increased mobility. Classes that belong in more than one category (A scouting sub mm is a caster and mobility for example) get both buffs. It also lets the target determine what buff to get, and they are designed so that the target has to choose instead of getting them all (every second you're moving you can't attack, every attack means you can't use abilities) though some exceptions exist such as shadowstep, I think it just contributes to the overall theme of the tree: Make every situation an opportunity.

Changelog:

3/7/2012

Adaptability is key

Changed duration, energy cost and energy regen bonus values.

I justify the energy regen increase because, being a fixed duration, the energy regen basically gives you energy, and +1 energy per second (so 30 energy if the ability is used first, 55 if two abilities are used with 5 second cooldown) seem about right for a regen boost rather than just pure energy.

Added some balance suggestions from Ghost. Changed the adaptive utilization so that the damage applies only to allies with the same weapon and the reload applies to manually reloading allies only. (Makes sense lorewise, marines can only copy the commando's tactics if they are using similar weapons and they can only reload efficiently if they manually reload).

3/8/2012

Changed Adaptive Presence (Soon to be named something else) by halving the conversion rates.

3/11/2012

Changed lore.
  3. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Leadership

Tier 1-1
    Suppress, 15 cost, 7 cooldown, range 6
    Level 1 - 25% additional damage taken by targets in 2.5 AoE for 12 seconds, movement is slowed by 5% while in the area. For every hit a non-heroic unit takes while within the area, an additional stacking ms debuff of 3% is added.
    Level 2 - 25% additional damage taken by targets in 3.75 AoE for 12 seconds, movement is slowed by 7% while in the area. For every hit a non-heroic unit takes while within the area, an additional stacking ms debuff of 4% is added.
    Level 3 - 25% additional damage taken by targets in 5 AoE for 12 seconds, movement is slowed by 10% while in the area. For every hit a non-heroic unit takes while within the area, an additional stacking ms debuff of 5% is added.

Allows Commando to direct the team to control larger swarms of mobs through suppression. All ms debuffs from suppression end when either the skill duration ends or the unit leaves the suppression AoE. Note that placing several overlapping Suppression areas can allow the team to retain the stacking ms debuff.

Tier 1-2
    Mark Target, 5 cost, no cooldown, range 15
    Level 1 - Target's threat priority is increased by 2 for 10 seconds
    Level 2 - Target's threat priority is increased by 4 and sets miss chance to 10% for 10 seconds.
    Level 3 - Target's threat priority is set to maximum/irresistible and sets miss chance to 20% for 10 seconds.

Helps people to use auto attack against high value targets such as slashers and huggers etc or draw attention away from one boss to deal with another threat. Also can keep team focussed on the boss as opposed to wasting ammo firing at things of no import. As the target is marked, marines are more aware of its danger and avoid its attacks.

Tier 2-1
    Hardened Leader, Passive
    Level 1 - Commando has 10% increased HP/Energy/Knife damage and has 25% ailment resistance. Grants vision of suppressed area to allies. Enemies hit by the commando's knife have a 25% chance of becoming stunned for 1 second.
    Level 2 - Commando has 20% increased HP/Energy/Knife damage and has 50% ailment resistance, threat rating increased by 1. Grants vision of suppressed area to allies and suppressed invisible enemies are revealed to allies. Enemies hit by the commando's knife have a 25% chance of becoming stunned for 1 second.

Makes Suppress more worthwhile in granting true sight in active area and makes Commando more difficult to kill but a more tasty target for enemies. Buffs the commando's knife considerably.

Tier 2-2
    Smoke Screen, 25 cost, 12 cooldown, 12 duration, range 4
    Level 1 - All units within 3 AoE have threat reduced by 1, damage and movespeed by 5%, vision by 4, and lose effects of Frenzy/Rampage
    Level 2 - All units within 5 AoE have threat reduced by 2, damage and movespeed by 10%, are blinded and lose effects of Frenzy/Rampage

Commando lobs a smoke canister at target location which releases large amounts of smoke to confuse enemies. While T3 is active, smoke screen can be used both offensively and defensively.

Tier 3
    Command and Control, 30 cost, 15 cooldown, range self-aura
    While active, allies in 5 radius have movespeed, damage and critical chance increased by 20%. Blindness is removed and immunity granted. Marked targets take 6% more damage per level of Mark Target. Enemies under effect of Suppress are slowed by a further 10%. Any marine affected by smoke screen gains 20% evasion. Lasts 10 seconds.

Gives the commando a bit more team support power. DPS and kitability but not permanent. Skill synergy with preceding talents only while active.
  4. Sazier

Sazier New Member

Tactician - A student of history the tactician is as educated as he is deadly. Finding a rare balance between officers schooling and front line combat the Commando is well versed in tactical deployment and combat leadership.

Tier 1

Buddy system (Passive) - A good leader knows to never go alone and this is not lost on the Commando; by giving his squad directives on how to properly watch each others back their survive-ability is increased.

Level 1 - A 5% boost to move speed and attack speed for being within 2 range of another marine.

Level 2 - A 10% boost to move speed and attack speed for being within 4 range of two other marines.

Level 3 - A 10% boost to move speed and a 15% boost to attack speed for being within 6 range of 3 other marines.

Quote: "All of the links in the chain pulled together and the chain became unbreakable." General Patton

Face time - (Target-able on one ally marine at a time) - The Commando calms the target marine by telling him stories of great historical battles and how they are following in the victors footsteps. (Cool down 15 seconds) (Uses 20 energy)

Level 1 - A 10 second buff that gives 15% energy and health regeneration.

Level 2 - A 20 second buff that gives 30% energy and health regeneration and a 10% damage buff.

Level 3 - A 30 second buff that gives 45% energy and health regeneration and a 20% damage buff.

Quote - "Winning!" Pvt. Chris Taylor

Tier 2

Malicious Intent - The Commando fights more as a science than an art and in doing so can by direct his team where rounds will do the most damage anatomically on the enemy. Following his orders the team can reduce enemy health and armor with extreme efficiency. (Cool down 20 seconds) (Uses 30 energy)

Level 1 - All allies in 6 radius have their current ammo clip "Super charged" by knowing where to shoot for the moment. Supercharged ammo does 10% more damage and reduces enemy armor by 2.

Level 2 - All allies in 6 radius have their current ammo clip "Supercharged" by knowing where to shoot for the moment. Supercharged ammo does 20% more damage and reduces enemy armor by 4 as well as having critical hits stun for .1 seconds.

Quote: “Circumstances-what are circumstances? I make circumstances” Napoleon Bonaparte

Veni Vidi Vici (Channeled) - Assessing the situation the Commando lays out and directs the optimal lines of fire to maximize splash and slow enemies. The Commando cannot fire while using this talent but can move and use other abilities. Affects all allies in 6 radius. (Uses 2 energy per second)

Level 1 - Splash increased by .5 for all guns that have splash and enemies hit are slowed by 7%.

Level 2 - Splash increased by 1 for all guns that have splash and enemies hit are slowed by 14%.

Quote: "Stop, Hammer Time" Unknown 20th Century Leader

Tier 3

Reaper Protocol (Togglable) - Studying mostly military history the Commando has a rather weak grasp on the idea winning and losing and tends to generalize. He sees it as if we killed more of them than they of us, we won. Using this theory he directs his team to follow the Reaper Protocol which consists of striping down to only essential gear, giving the extra to the Commando to hold, and subsequently reducing energy expenditure on auxiliary and redundant systems. This is dangerous to say the least, but brings his team to near perfect combat efficiency. (No energy Cost)

Allies within 4 radius lose 4 armor while active and take 50% more damage due to their exposed stances. In exchange they deal 20% more damage, have 20% evasion, reload 50% faster, and have all skill cool downs reduced by 40%. Commando loses 33% move speed.

Quote: "If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error." John Kenneth Galbraith

The point of this tree is that all skills can be used in conjunction with low energy cost, but there is little xp gain to the Commando and Reaper Protocol is very risky.
  5. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

I have three applicants, let the voting begin. Multiple voting is enabled, so you can vote for whatever you want.

Any additional suggestions will be added in as submitted, so don't vote if you don't see the one you were waiting for.
  6. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

Yessssssssss

I currently have 100% of the votes :p.
  7. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

aw... you didn't change the reload talent to be only manual reloads...
  8. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

Yeah, I was thinking about that, would you prefer if I added that on as an additional effect? Cause it could work I suppose...

EDIT: I added an effect sort of includes that, but I don't think it should be exclusively manual reloads, so I still gave half effect to regular reloads. Manual reload is really encouraged this way though.
  9. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Kithrixx, can you please add your Delta into it?

I also like Nicarco's Adaptation tree - just will take longer to implement since it requires more testing.
  10. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

3 things about the adaptation tree:
    Adaptive utilization passive is pretty identical (in fact better) to rifleman's weapon proficiency except that it affects allies too, therefore it is actually rather OP.

Explosives - the burning one does up to 900 damage - no other T2 I can think of deals that much. Sounds like T3 territory to me with this large damage effect. Also, this needs to be made non stacking for the damage. Otherwise you plant IDK 50 of them in 1 place and have the tank taunt the next boss over it for instant bbq. More OP than explosives demo.

Adaption is key - The AS and MS buffs are rather high but I can live with that. Armor bonus however is crazy. Up to +15 shield AND main armor for the duration of the skill makes it better than safeguard of the protection assa and low cost + longer duration than cooldown means you can keep spamming it on 1 guy who keeps a permanent +15 armor. Energy regen boost is also over the top as Medic can just spam the Heal key (0 cooldown) or recon spam Laser designator and gain max +15 energy per second on top of their base regen boost.
  11. grandmarshal

grandmarshal New Member

-deleted-
  12. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

Ok, I guess I change the numbers to the adaptive utilization if necessary, like I said, I can't balance things right.

The explosive fire effect doesn't stack. And it does the 900 damage over 30 seconds, but I guess I could decrease the damage to 20 per second.

Tier 3: What I meant by shield and armor is that hits to both count as a "hit" not that it adds shield and life armor. I'm thinking of also adding a "delay time", or how many stacks can be added per second to reduce the opness of the stacking. So I'll do that.
  13. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

As soon as I find the time. I should be able to do it sometime later tonight. I'll edit this post with Delta asap.
  14. poor_newb

poor_newb Member

My sub commando suggestion. All numbers are subject to balance changes:

SOLDIER - The elite fighting force of the UGC. Far more powerful than regular infantry, they are advanced super-soldiers with superhuman vision, agility, speed, and strength.

Tier 1:

Skill 1: Perception (Vision)
    (Passive or Active) All enemies within a certain radius are revealed and take 25% extra damage. Cannot stack with itself.
    Level 1: 12 10 radius
    Level 2: 18 14 radius
    Level 3: 24 18 radius
    Comment: Combines the old tier 1 skills into a single skill. Vision is always important for sub commando because of KMS.

Skill 2: Evasion (Agility)
    (Active) Commando gains 100% Evasion for a duration.
    Cooldown: 15 25 seconds for all levels
    Level 1: 1 1.5 seconds
    Level 2: 2 2.5 seconds
    Level 3: 3 3.5 seconds
    Comment: Use this to survive with KMS. Also useful for general zombie dodging.

Tier 2:

Skill 1: KMS (Speed)
    (Active) Like the old KMS, but it also stuns bosses for 1 0.5 seconds and deals 250 200 damage. (Optional) Make boss damage into a stackable DOT with open wounds animation. (Optional) Nerf it to 12 range.
    Comment: For bosses, this should be used with ultimate. For balance reasons, stun duration should be shorter than skill animation. Commando is vulnerable during KMS and should use it along with Evasion to survive jumping into 5 argons. Since Evasion has a longer cooldown than KMS, the player has to decide when to use it with Evasion or not in various situations.

Skill 2: Combat Hardened (Strength)
    (Passive + Active) Same as old skill. (Optional) Buff energy regen a bit.
    Comment: No need to change a good skill overall. The energy regen will be decent for using Evasion and KMS. Some players can also consider skipping it to max both tier 1 instead.

Tier 3 Ultimate: Bullet Time Omnislash (Thanks to whoever suggested this name in the forums)
    (Active) Duration 15 8 seconds. Commando gains infinite energy regen. Cooldowns to all other skills in the sub tree are removed (or reduced to 1 second). Commando takes double damage for said duration. (Optional) All enemies affected by Perception are slowed 30%. (Optional) Commando loses all his energy after duration is over. (Optional) If Perception is to be an active skill, reduce commando sight range to 0 which requires casting Perception to see.
    Energy cost and cooldown should be high.
    Comment: For a limited time, the player is free to spam Evasion and KMS nonstop to devastating effects. However, executing this to its maximum potential will require a bit of skill, going too fast and mess up may result in death. Synergy with all other skills in the sub tree. Animation should have trailing shadows for awesomeness.
  15. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

I'm glad you like it.

It will probably take more testing, but that's partially because I tried to make it as unique as possible while still sticking to one theme and the support role, and partially because I can't balance things very well.

But I think that the commando deserves the time, old submando has been unchanged for so long apparently (though I'm not old enough to remember such things).
  16. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

He's had the same 5 skills as long as I can remember, I can just barely remember when commandos ONLY skill was a placeholder 330mm barrage. He's just received number changes (specifically to perc n Hs) as well as mechanic changes to KMS and Mind Meld (mind meld used to effect heroics, kms used to have no animation, was just a "kill" button.)
  17. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

I am at least old enough to remember mind meld affecting heroics.

Looks like subby really needs a rework. Also nite, unless I'm mistaken, I think poor_newb named his tree Soldier instead of subtlety commando
  18. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

DELTA

Tier 1

BRING THEM DOWN (Passive)
    The Commando aims to make his targets stumble and fall into each other upon killing them, slowing the enemies around them. Stacks with itself once per target.
    Level 1 - Slows enemies in 1.5 radius by 15% for 3 seconds
    Level 2 - Slows enemies in 2 radius by 20% for 3.5 seconds
    Level 3 - Slows enemies in 3 radius by 25% for 4 seconds

“A soldier who stumbles brings down his comrades with him.”

Mechanics notes: Synergizes with Heightened Senses and Gravity Grenade in a very nice way. Can potentially bring an entire horde to a crawl if used properly. I’m aware it’s similar to Foresight, but Foresight is a persistent effect whereas Bring Them Down procs on death.

HEIGHTENED SENSES (Active, 10 energy cost, 5 second cooldown)
    The Commando uses his battlefield experience to locate his foes, increasing the damage they take by 25% and revealing cloaked enemies for 10 seconds.
    Level 1 – Affects units within a 12 radius
    Level 2 – Affects units within a 18 radius
    Level 3 – Affects units within a 24 radius

“Of course I couldn’t see the commander, you buffoon. He was cloaked. I knew he was there because it was the only place not swarming with insurgents.”

Mechanics notes: A nice solid debuff that affects a wide area. The debuff effect can be seen through the fog of war, but it does not reveal enemies through the fog of war. Invisible enemies are decloaked because I always thought it was silly that you could see the debuff cloud but not the actual unit.

Tier 2

GRAVITY GRENADE (Active, 20 energy, 15 second cooldown)
    The Mk1 Gravity Grenade is a device created by retooling White Mesa's Gravity Gun's core technology into a handheld form. It was designed to dislodge enemies from entrenched positions, but found to be also useful for nonlethal crowd control. It drags all units within an area to it for a short duration, clustering them together. Massive units are not dragged, but slowed by 50%.

Level 1 – Affects units within a radius of 3 for 4 seconds
    Level 2 – Affects units within a radius of 4 for 6 seconds

“Hope you sons of bitches love each other, ‘cause it’s huggin’ time!”

Mechanics notes: Crowd control that makes AOE abilities much more potent. Units will still be able to attack while being dragged, so players must be very careful not to catch their allies in the area of effect as well. Affects heroics equally, as such an ability would be useful for locking down or dragging away bosses from certain areas (examples in Cerberus while in his invulnerable state and Cronus to get him off of creep). Examples of the intended effect can be found in Star Strikers (Probe) and Hero Attack (Predator).[/size]

RAZOR TRIPWIRE (Active, 20 energy per node, no cooldown)
    A dastardly yet simple trap: two metal anchor points with a sturdy steel cable between them. The cable is vibrated at high frequencies and capable of slicing into flesh and conventional body armor with even the slightest contact. Nodes cloak and become neutral once a tripwire is set.

Level 1 – Nodes must be placed within 4 distance of each other. Deals 60 damage and applies Cripple and Open Wound to units that pass between them. Nodes have 75 energy.
    Level 2 – Nodes must be placed within 5 distance of each other. Deals 80 damage and applies Cripple and Open Wound to units that pass between them. Nodes have 100 energy.

“While designed for being placed at entrances, it’s significantly less welcoming than a doormat.”

Mechanics notes: Uses the Build Grid. Nodes are invulnerable and invisible once placed. If a unit dies to Razor Tripwire, the exp is shared equally throughout the team.
    Each unit that contacts the tripwire drains a certain amount of energy, when it runs out completely, it dies.
    Units will use up the following.
    Non-Massive & Non-Heroic enemies use 1 energy.
    Massive & Non-Heroic enemies use 5 energy.
    Heroic units use 50 energy.
    Players use 25 energy.
    Mechanical units are immune to the tripwire (this is largely to avoid realism breaks, just as crippled mechs in easy co.)

Tier 3

THE HORROR (Active, 30 energy cost, 20 second cooldown)
    The KTH-22 Chemical Grenade, nicknamed “The Horror”, is a canister utilizing fast-acting nerve agents and hallucinogens that terrify and disorient those affected by its contents. Originally designed as an interrogation aid, it was banned for use in police forces due to the radical side effects experienced by its victims. It was shortly weaponized afterwards, as its potency as an implement of war is undeniable.

Level 1 – Disables the attack of and blinds all units within a radius of 4 for 10 seconds.

“You want to see something real scary?

Mechanics notes: Yes, disables attack. Bosses will run away helplessly as if scared of the players without even having to get into fancy triggers to make them mill about aimlessly while terrified. Players will not be able to do or see anything but run blindly and hope things work out for the best. To further drive home the point of blind helplessness, players will lose whatever shared vision that they have for the duration.
  19. grandmarshal

grandmarshal New Member

-deleted-
  20. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Not exactly. The Horror disables attack, not mind controls. Blind is there so it gives a very real and very terrifying consequence for hitting a teammate with it: Not only will they be unable to see, they will be unable to defend themselves. Blinding the boss doesn't do much considering that the "zombie player" shares vision with its own units, and will therefore be able to see regardless of if it's blinded or not. The player being blinded and losing shared vision means that everything goes: Their own sight, the shared vision from the minis/Ogilvy/Ivan, and the shared vision from the Field Nexus (if it's present).