Dealing with trolls

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Zeriathyr, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Zeriathyr

Zeriathyr Well-Known Member

I have a question.
    How do you usually deal with newbie trolls? Is there a proper channel?

===
    NA was down so I went to check out SEA.
    I was guiding a bunch of new players when this SatomiSuzuki gunned down Asou (a medic) at the entrance. His reason? Misclicked. 4 lives and he misclicked.

And then he did it again to the other medic Ving at the DNA collection tower (also, misclicked 4 times). At this point the game was shot to hell and I pretty much gunned him down.

Sure, he karmabited me. And he got another player to try and kill me.
    ===

I admit I lost it on the 2nd time round. To prevent this from happening, I would like to ask how. HOW, to deal with such dicks.
  2. Miracle
    • Development Team
    • Community Leader

Miracle NOTD Staff: Assistant of many things

How about not playing with them (leave the lobby as soon as you see them) and wait for another lobby? You could also choose to make a private game and invite only those you trust.

Also, repeated bad behaviour can get them banned from the game, but only in rare cases.
  3. Pyromaniac

Pyromaniac Well-Known Member

you can also travel in packs of 3 and vk him once he threatens the safety of the team
  4. Foehammer
    • Donator

Foehammer Well-Known Member

Since he has retired and is no longer filling the job, you must take up Mossy's mantle and wreak vengeance on all the trolls out there.
  5. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

We don't need another Mossy killing innocent players and making false accusations. Although he did do a good job of getting rid of the many obvious hackers/cheaters, he did falsely accuse many of cheating/hacking and he killed many many poor innocent souls. He also ended up creating a crap storm on the forums. I do not want another repeat of such incidents ever again.

[​IMG]

One of my posts from another thread that has been copied here for convenience

Here is my solutions to some of the problems here (this is for players on NA servers of course, Sea and EU servers are not my jurisdiction).

So when a player decides to do something such as TKING or being a complete JACKASS here is what you can possibly do:

#1 Well lets say they are not part of the forum community, then avoid them in future games because it is simple as that.

#2 If #1 does not apply, report them to me either in Starcraft or Private Message . Also don't make a thread on the matter because a lot of the moderator,developers, and various members are tired with dealing with bull shit like this because threads like this pop up every so often and nothing good comes out of it.

The developers and mods have better things to do with their time then to constantly repeat themselves over and over again. I on the other hand can deal with these sort of things because I usually have complaints and hacker/bank cheats reported to me weekly by various players and I am sort of use to having to deal with these type of things.

let's say they are part of the forum community and have been caught with their ass in the public, I will probably warn them for their actions (depending on what they did) or I will do something more drastic (again also depends on what they did).

As active members of the NOTD forums, it is implied that you take this game seriously, so act like it in every game you play either it be pub or private matches.

#3 It is a situation that occurs more than frequently (TKING that is), then please PM message me with screen shots with time and date stamps of the many incidents where tking occured.

I will see what I can do about the matter, but I will not promise anything because tking is a very touchy subject within the overall community. In fact most of the subject matter in this thread in general is very touchy.

However, I am offering what I can to do that will help, but everyone else should be doing their part to help as well.

If your're not going to help and rather contribute to the problem.

I offer you this in return.........

[​IMG]
  6. Zeriathyr

Zeriathyr Well-Known Member

Heck no. The Mossy idea is very tempting as being a griefer to griefers, but the goal was to guide new players in NOTD when this one popped out.

To Extifer, thanks for taking the time to write a long reply. I'd believe that this issue is an old one, but trolls never get old for some reason. They are worse than immortals, rising again even if you can OSOK them.

As I maintain separate accounts (exp/achievements does not tabulate for some strange reason) on both NA and SEA, my SEA account is unable to VK him. Still, I hope the -44 Exp shows on his account for the rest of his life.
  7. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

If its in self defense, and you dont mind the karma bite, depends how deep in the gsme u are. If its tiwards the endid say take him out before he takes out ur team. If its at the start, screenshot and quit.
    Gl we all know how much those ppl suck