Current State of Demeter

Discussion in 'Archive' started by MSluiter, Aug 14, 2012.

1. MSluiter

MSluiter Member

This is probably not the best time to discuss Demeter with the plethora of 1.5 bugs, but none the less…

The whole purpose of the new Demeter changes was to discourage static tanking, but that is exactly what is happening. The reason is Demeter’s stuns are so bugged it is actually riskier to try and dodge the stuns than hold up with traps and Nano-shield or just cheese.

Vengeance and Faith seem to be blinding Demeter making it impossible to avoid Mind Grasp. And, isn’t Demeter supposed to be immune to blind in general? The all seeing eyes trait doesn’t seem to work. Then, sometimes Mind Grasp stuns even when you seem to be in vision range and Demeter doesn’t appear to be stunned.

The addition of Slithers makes the stun even deadlier. If you are stunned on Nightmare, you are dead. Demeter is so fast, and has no delay before moving in and attacking.

Demeter is also crazy fast. It’s hard just to get out of stun range on high Vet and Nightmare, because Demeter is Frenzied on top of an already quick movespeed.

Demeter has become probably the most difficult boss on Alpha. It is insanely unpredictable, and KA is the only armor that can withstand even a few hits, and nothing can protect against Slithers if stunned.

I was originally indifferent to Slithers, but now I hate them in this current state. Demeter needs some serious work ASAP once some of these 1.5 bugs get cleaned up. If we are supposed to kite Demeter these stuns bugs need fixing, and Demeter should probably be slowed down a bit (Frenzy) so you can get clear of Eye Stare.
  2. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

Yep.

He's the main candidate as far as reworking Alpha bosses goes, actually. He'll be getting his, don't worry.
  3. HipHopDragon
    • Warden

HipHopDragon Warden

Demeter does not work as intended, which is why he should be changed.

But declaring him the hardes boss in alpha? Dealing with slithers is just so easy that i cant see how they are a problem.
    If the Tank stands on max range slithers barely touch him.
    Fo minis can tank slithers all day long with a bit of micro.
    Grav nade keeps slithers away if not completly pulling demeter down the wall forcing slithers to run around.
    Rofls traps.
    Activate towers and let them tank slithers.
    I have seen demeter dead several times before he even climbed the walls, and thats just the stuff i came up with on top of my head.
  4. QxAgent

QxAgent New Member

mono osok mono osok mono osok demeter dead, he wont even climb fort.
  5. Nebibubi

Nebibubi New Member

Demeter's Bugged but all in all, he isn't that much of challenge when you know how to deal with him. I have on the other hand seen many wipes due to Demeter when playing with unexperienced players. So fixing his stuns to work properly should do the trick.
  6. ImaDomo
    • Donator

ImaDomo Clad In Armour

Just fix the frigging stuns.... all u need to do
  7. Archangel

Archangel Well-Known Member

Amen.

Work with what u got and u shall prevail every time.

While his stuns are derped there are multiple ways around the retarded firing of stuns. Grav nade gives sight to Demeter which is why he sees the mando and stuns him all the time. little things like this is why the stuns are derping. If ud like see the grav grenade at its best, use it while waiting for cerb when he is invul when your standing next to the medic. I guarantee you'll enjoy the next couple of mins.

take it upon yourself to help them then. Dont sit back and watch them wipe. It affects u also when it turns to shit.
  8. Nebibubi

Nebibubi New Member

Well yes that's somewhat...obvious. My point was sometimes you can't avoid the inevitable :)
  9. ProbeGst

ProbeGst Well-Known Member

i suggest replace slither for snare.
    Snare has a red dot like Bo Strike and has 1.75 delay?
  10. HipHopDragon
    • Warden

HipHopDragon Warden

Not sure if i understand you correct, you want to replace slithers with a aoe slow? What would the slow accomplish?
  11. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

MissHumpz NOTD Staff: Event Coordinator & Amazing Amazer

Aren't slithers roughly released at the same time as the stuns? I don't see the point of slowing the team when they are most likely already stunned.
  12. Tink

Tink New Member

Unless I'm seeing it wrong, they're released a couple seconds after the stun, not at the same time.
  13. ProbeGst

ProbeGst Well-Known Member

this is a snare so you can't run away from his mad stunns
  14. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

His stuns are nothing to worry about without slithers
  15. Nebibubi

Nebibubi New Member

+1

Unless your medic doesnt shield your tank on time before the stuns and thus happens to die, there isn't really any difficulty in fighting Demeter.
    And that's why slithers we're added in the first place, to make the fight somewhat more challenging/less boring.

And don't forget you can always use the turrets in fort for this boss fight.
  16. Blaze

Blaze New Member

the only problem i have is the stuns happen no matter what the sight is so you always get stunned and that usually spells then end for the tank or anyone unlucky enough to be near demeter
    Tbh im taking a break from notd till its fixed and working again :D
  17. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

MissHumpz NOTD Staff: Event Coordinator & Amazing Amazer

Idk about you guys, but the sight stuns seem to be working fine. It helps if you know when to correctly evade them.
    When Deme stares with its eyes, should immediately seek something to block the vision between you and Deme.
    However, when Deme switches to mind, you should make sure that you are back in Deme's vision to avoid the stuns, and preferably take out the slithers that the poor tank has to wait till the stun wears off to deal with those creepy crawlies.
  18. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

+1

The only time Demeter's stuns get "wonky" is when a Delta Commando uses gravnade on it. That or an Engineer uses overdrive as these 2 talents give all enemies vision of these 2 classes.

Another situation making the stuns seemingly not work properly is when another enemy is in the area spotting for the boss.
  19. Foehammer
    • Donator

Foehammer Well-Known Member

when dem is about to stun with her mind dont stun her, cause that does blind her which in turn will stun you since she cant "see" you because of the stun.
  20. Eagle 11

Eagle 11 Well-Known Member

Slithers are just uber-parasites,deal with them how you deal with parasites.
    Demeter is far away from being any threat let alone being the hardest boss in Alpha :D
    In case you dont know how to:
    Activate turrets,park entire team next to one depending on direction its coming. Flare its way,Recon LD it,MM Osok it,if Deltamando present use vortexnade beginning with skill's max range. If dps fails for whatever reason and she manages to climb let turret tank,let Roflman lay some traps for emergency,Tank stay behind turret,Medic shield the tank if turrets gonna fail and it should be down,i mean seriously who the f kites Demeter.