Credits ?

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Nexus, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Nexus

Nexus New Member

There have probably been posts befour this already but i`m sure i`m not the only one ho things this credits rate sucks hard u get very few credits and it takes u forever to save up for something interesting oh not to mention i`m sure i`m also not the only one ho probably wasted there first dunno 200 if not more credits on crap items from the shop after discovering it, so can u fellows at Blueberry come up whit a more reasonable credit earning system or rating please :angel: coz this one really sucks hard :s
  2. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Bugs, Pugs, and Scruggs

Speed Apollo B
    Survival
    Apollo B Nightmare

There, I came up with more reasonable credit earnings for you.
  3. Miracle
    • Development Team
    • CN/TW Liaison

Miracle NOTD Staff: Assistant of many things

It's meant to be a bonus for everyone that plays a lot, otherwise there's no point of having credits if it's so easy to earn that everyone can buy most of the upgrades after a few games.

And rating isn't hard to get... Just don't let zombies hit you and stay alive at the same time and you'll get at least 5 every game in recruit mode >.>
  4. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

It seems that the intention from The Man, is that credits for items and such would only be used on Srs Bidness. Like potential MoH Alpha Company runs and the ilk. And honestly I'm fine with that. I don't need to be able to buy power equipment for every game. And if you think of it in terms like that... say, SMG is 200 credits right? And every Recruit Mode game you get 200 credits. There is no reason not to buy a SMG every recruit game (And the SMG just rips holes in the game, particularly as a NoobCon).

I mean you might be complaining because you're looking at weapon mod points and thinking "Gods it takes forever to get 10,000 credits!" With the credit cap, even if you are running perfect survival games, you're talking about 20 or so games. But more realistically closer to 40. You'll get there someday.
  5. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Hi Nexus, credits are a long-term incentive thing that is a slow accumulation over many games. We want you to play NOTD more!
  6. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

That got my eyes to pop outa their sockets.
  7. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Maybe. Isn't the cap at 500? With a 5 man team I got something like 200 some odd. So if I two man it I'm sure I could hit the 500 cap. 500 credits, 20 runs. One weapon mod. Presuming you have some teammate that you are really tight with and can both run it well. But since most games I run survival I only get about 100-200 some odd, I guessed 40 was a more realistic number to accumulate the 10,000 credits.
  8. Blue-Tiger

Blue-Tiger New Member

I did a couple of 2-man surv-runs in the last few days. We always failed to kill Beta, but up to wave 40 we got between 300-410 credits (depending on the amount of h3 collected). So I'm not sure if it's that easy to hit the cap anymore. Surv used to yield a lot more credits a few months (weeks?) back.

Still it's true that this amounts to ~40 (more or less) successful surv runs (However such a run is not easy to pull off for a newbie)
  9. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

Defeating the Guardian grants a LARGE number of credits. You WILL hit the cap in a 2 man. 2 Things have happened with credit gain recently.

1) Overall credit gain was improved, either by new events now giving credits, or current ones giving more (like beating Queen in any mode).

2) Credit gain was reduced for < 5 man teams (small teams). Me and Archangel defeated Survival and were getting BASE credits of over 500. Factor in our rank multiplier and I personally was getting near 1k credits. So it was accordingly nerfed so you can't just get to about wave 30/35 and quit with maxed credits.
  10. Blue-Tiger

Blue-Tiger New Member

OH, I see. That makes a lot of sense :)

(Unrelated to this thread: any hints on killing the Guardian?)
  11. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Stack on the Nanosear and run around in a circle.
  12. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

Also, keep in mind that the story lines are balanced to allow a team with no upgrades to still win. Having increased credit gains would make things too easy, and then too hard for people without credits as the story missions were reworked to factor in things like weapon mods.
  13. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

+1 to that.
    The game, as you see from the forums, adapts to the players' current status (and sometimes simply to suite what players want).