Credit Shop pricing

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Ghost, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

Solo mode allows normal access to the shop, since for you to have full access, the gamemode will be Normal/Hardened/Veteran anyways. Simple matter to buy what you want, then save and leave.

That and I'm going to firmly say its utterly impossible to get 5k+ credits without breaking the 500exp needed to get out of recruit mode.
  2. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

I'm for complete removal. The Shotgun still spawns in Newbie, but buying one from the credit shop at the beginning of the game, well...

Things get ugly. Fast. It's possible to solo Tartarus with a SG Arms because the AOE templates just hit his fleshy ass regardless of which way you're facing. Toss in Blood Frenzy and the Shotgun's natural stunlock, congrats, you've trivialized the first boss. And the more you level, the more stupid it gets. Mobs were already not a problem because the fucking shotgun, but Tart, both stages of Ere, and even the Queen get fucked up hard by the almighty Biffgun. Every pub I've joined, gone Arms Ass, and gotten a Shotgun has basically been GG from that point.

Buying items in Newbie just needs to not happen. Newbies need to pay their dues before they can access the credit shop, and vets shouldn't be fucking around in Newbie anyways. They should be teaching, not steamrolling.
  3. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

I'm fine with disabling at least weapons in recruit mode shops. Any other feedback on this?
  4. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

I like the idea of reduced prices for bulk and common items.

And I do support finally adding a Gauss Rifle to the shop, for Alpha Company Flamethrowers if nothing else. Or we could fix it by just dropping a Gauss Rifle automatically inside the Starport...

So ideally what I'd like to see is what Ghost is getting at for Bulk Items: Magazines and road flares. Between Inventory Space and the Weight System I don't think we have to worry too much about game breaking with magazines being relatively easy to buy.

Medical supplies though can be something I'd like to see at the 20-30 range. If you want to bulk up on them, sure. But just expensive enough that you can't sit there loading up with three max stacks of them every single game, unless those games are Nightmare Apollo Route B.

I would like to see Common Items in a similar price range. If I want to buy a M45, Gauss Rifle, Pistol, C2 Armor, etc. It shouldn't cost me an arm and a leg to do it. 20 or so credits. Enough to impact your average credit gain and really slow it down, but not prohibitively so.

Items of a higher power curve, SMGs, HMGs, HKs, Fatsuits, etc... I'm perfectly fine with them being prohibitively expensive to the point where I have to go slog through 5 or 6 games just so I can buy one. I think Ghost's listed prices for things like the Stinger or PAR could be jacked up a bit more.
  5. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Ability:
    I was actually thinking exactly that - keep the shop but disable the weapons only in RM.

Arc:
    You have to consider that most of those items are relatively common in the game and having them in Chapter 1 vs Chapter 2 in vet+ (because Recruit is going to have them disabled) is actually not a big deal outside of Stinger and other items I graded at higher cost.

Also consider that even on a non navy run without a medic with a team of 6, we never ran even short of meds and we didn't even scout in detail. We still had a 6 stack of meds in each person's inventory as well as several further max stack kits and bandages on the ground next to us that we collected.

Due to the massive amounts of meds, having them at a high price makes no sense and will discourage people from buying them altogether (besides them failing Navy Cross).

Magazines sicne the fix of the ammo bug are also in plentiful supply even if you SMG it throughout like some people on our team do sometimes (even though you tell them off for using it vs Hulks and the like, *sigh*)

And really, would you ever want to dish out 20 credits for a C2 at any point in the game? I would seriously doubt that.

As I said in my opening post and throughout this thread. Consider supply and demand. Make the shop prices cheaper to the extent that people will be 50-50 in terms of saving vs spending instead of 95 saving - 5 spending
  6. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

Just keep the Powerhouses out of Pubs, and I'm cool with it. SMG just in a test run as C-rolf, ended with me dominating the Pub (1648 sr, 3 dropper).
  7. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

You could do the same with pistol at start + sg post ere1 :)
  8. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

But those you have to find before you can use them. Honestly, I think that the Shotgun at Heli is fine. You usually get it about when everyone is at least 2 or 3 points into Tier 2 as opposed to when everyone is Level 1 and you can end entire hordes with a single shot and level far beyond everyone else. The Pistol is fine IMO, considering that it doesn't have splash.
  9. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

True. By the time you get the Shotgun, you generally have half the team at third tier, or fairly close.

The pistol doesn't rape as hard as the SMG, or the HMG. It's good. But there's only one. And you don't level THAT much faster. And you'll still level faster with grabbing a flamethrower ASAP off the Starport and Airlock waves.
  10. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

The "power weapons" generally have extremely high splash or extremely high damage. The pistol has neither. It's a shorter range, higher fire rate Marksman Rifle. The Shotgun is only guaranteed to appear midgame, and even then, it's limited by its short range, making it a niche weapon (or a consitent standby for morons such as I who like flying by the seat of their pants). If the Shotgun was an Assault Shotgun instead of a Pump Action, then it would be different. However, as it stands, it's not so powerful that it warrants removal.
  11. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Pistol shines with range + speed mods :)
    Add those on a combat rifle for additional 30% as or on a mm for quickaim and you are reliably level 4.7 by the time main base starts. Level 6.5 after tart, ultimate during airlock waves.
  12. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnope. Not a factor of balance. Weapon Mods are a reward for longtime players who want to be able to spend a great deal of time and effort to circumvent most weapons' inherent weaknesses. Your average veteran doesn't have more than two or three, and your average player has none.