CP rewards

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by spartanhija, Aug 25, 2012.

1. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

So, I was thinking, at least at the moment cp doesn't count for much after 40 or 50. I was hoping to get some feedback or other ideas, for something like every 50 cp after initial 50 cp gets +1-5 shields up to 200 or 250 cp. Or something of the sort. If you went +1 shields every 50 cp you could probly leave it like that forever or up to 10000cp before it adds too much shields. If you did something like +5 shields per 50 cp, there would probably need to be a max somewhere. What are some other ideas about cp? It just seems like once u get 40 cp theres no reason to get more?
  2. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

3. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

thanks
    [hr]
    so, after 50 cp you dont think adding 1-5 shields is a good idea, at least for lighter classes like rofl, medic, recon? I understand Pf, Demo, Fire, all get op are at least great bonus, at least this will be a long term reward system, requiring hours and hours of play to obtain, for minimal amounts of rewards. Theres 38 pages in that thread and I really dont feel like reading all of them. I'm not asking for increased shield armor, just tiny increased shields. What do you think?
  4. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

I think no. That gives even more hit tolerance for long-term players, something I'm not wholly comfortable with. I'd much rather there be a system that involves customizing a character to the player's preference that requires you to take from Jack to pay Jill.
  5. ImaDomo
    • Donator

ImaDomo Clad In Armour

More character customization freedom would be nice..but that will take some time. I rather we do the Fo, Rifle, Delta Mando and Assault rmk and fix the 1.5 patch bugs first. Before we implement these cp rewards.
  6. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

These things have development priority over the CP rework and have had priority for a while.

Also, the Assault rework is already done. Needs rebalancing because of the energy not matching what I expected it to be, but that's just a minor thing.