cp for random, any info?

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by spartanhija, Jul 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Does anyone know how the cp factors into randoms?
  2. PADDYPOWER

PADDYPOWER New Member

You get the CP for the class that you random.

For example if I randomed Roflman, I'd get the CP in Roflman.
  3. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

I know that, im saying how does cp impact randoms
  4. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

Random is just the game selects a class for you (at random). CP is earned in that class if you win; you get CP benefits if the class you randomed is a class you have CP in.
  5. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

I believe if u hve cp in a class u get a higher chance for that class dont you?? Thats wat i heard at least??
  6. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

No. Randoming is just the RNG picking from whatever classes you have available to you. Nothing impacts it in any way, other than your rating/experience having things unlocked and available to be randomed.
  7. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Lol gadam my 20 demo runs fo chem cp/random chance that was just in my head..
    [hr]
    By the way kith when does my 40% warning go away? The 7th?
  8. SkyHunter

SkyHunter New Member

Wouldn't it be nice if you get "Random" CP?
    Because of the current system you would never reach 10 CP in any class if you constantly play random (you would loose the cp before winning 10 games with the same class).
  9. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Cp deteriotes at small rates man.
    25%
    20%
    15%
    Not too hard to keep cp. I havent played engi in weeks and i stll have 15 cp in it. After getting 20 in demo in the last few days.
    [hr]
    One thing that would be nice for ppl with high cp is after current max cp ( 40 soon to be 50), every 25 cp adds like .01 to some random stat .01 defence lol.
  10. SkyHunter

SkyHunter New Member

You'll loose 3-5 cp on every class after 20 games, and if you played random everytime you played every class 1-2 times. Thats means if you really play random all the time you will end up with no cp :p

Edit: (After 20 wins. And you would get CP if you'd only play -NM)

You could remove the cp loss for random players aswell. That woudnt make it so bad to play random.
  11. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Idk man, i dont lose much cp for sum reason. Maybe your just unlucky. If your going random every single game you cant really expect to specialize in a specific unit anyways.
  12. HipHopDragon
    • Warden

HipHopDragon Warden

Then you would have to remove the cp gain too, or people would start to only random to farm cps
  13. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

14. SkyHunter

SkyHunter New Member

Thats why i said it would be nice if you could collect CP for "Random" so you dont get the CP for the class you played instead the CP counts only when you play random.
    So a random player could have 20 random CP so regardless which class he randoms he has 20CP.

Example:

PlayerX wins 10 games with random and got 10 CP for it.
    PlayerX chooses random and gets Medic through it, he has 10CP now.
    In the next game he chooses Medic without randoming him, now he has 0CP.
    Now PlayerX randoms again ang gets Recon, he will have 10CP again.

Do you understand what i mean?
    Its not like you could farm CP with it since it would be the same if you only played one class.
  15. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

lol thats like gaining cp for all units
  16. SkyHunter

SkyHunter New Member

Ye but you coudnt choose which class you play, and you would loose the cp like any other class does loose cp.
  17. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

so your saying each unit gets 2 different cps, one for normal and one for random? or random gets its own seperate cp?
  18. SkyHunter

SkyHunter New Member

Its own seperate cp, like you were playing the class Random. So you would loose cp on it too if you dont play random.
  19. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

I think we already have enough CP stuff. You random because you don't care what you get. Adding another CP just for random makes no sense. Class Proficiency Points, for an option, makes no sense to me.
  20. Jercy

Jercy Well-Known Member

Deja Vu for like the thrid time.

SkyHunter, the dicussion for randoming having cp has taken place many times before, and everyone single time the majority of people are against it. Allowing for there to be a random cp just goes against everything cp stands for. CP = Class Points and random does not constiute as a class but as a pool of multiple class from which one is randomly choosen. Furthermore, CP is in no way required to play this game, and it is entirely possible for players with out cp in classes to do better than players with cp in those classes. I hope this will end this dicussion.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.