Could we get the game a bit harder?

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by elPuncho, May 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elPuncho

elPuncho New Member

first thing i want to say, recruit mode is ok for recruit

but then,
    comes ac
    easiest mode ever, since no agron spawn at start there is nothing what u cant handle even with a team without still no knowledge, i had this a lot of times.
    its not about the 1k requierments (dunno the word)^^ but i am getting more and more bored about the game cause its too easy, these so called vets are getting through this storylines without handling their classes right or know anything about it.
    i mean c´mon ingnore fmj as mm he goes to medic and those guys get through without any problems.
    that isnt pub anymore, i think at least at ac or sec there should be some teamplay and somme class whithness not this i rnd i get through ( i do this and can still finish ac solo) thats why i am a bit annoyed.

the game is getting more and more like wow....
  2. Mick

Mick New Member

Have you tried going to the NOTD chat channel and hosting a normal or vet game? You'll find a lot more player coordination and the games will "punish" stupid play more often in those difficulties as well. You could also try the different story modes, Alpha and Apollo Security (if you have enough XP), which have harder and more dynamic gameplay than public games.

Hope that helps!
  3. Zuriel

Zuriel Well-Known Member

Ayfkm.

The game is created to be playable by people of all levels. Newbies get recruit mode, seasoned players ger hardened/veteran, those seeking a thrill go for -NM.

The game has come to a stage where its delicately balanced between playable and easy at the moment. By playable I mean if everyone knows what they're doing, then its playable.

Recent changes such as increased exp sharing are geared towards greater teamplay. Ie. In alpha, if you stand at the fringe of the group, you lose out on a) safety of traps and b) exp share. Such measures have been taken to encourage teamplay. Not to mention increased spawns which make it nigh impossible to Rambo/solo nowadays.

Perhaps you should join games with higher SR.
  4. elPuncho

elPuncho New Member

u know i have about 80k xp, i tried it and still even if we lost i think its to easy, so i played ac, sec and surv (i hate surv) and allways the same, its to easy.

go ac normal, u dont even need a cc (classcall) to get through it (without explanation to anybody)
    then sec normal hmm sec
    sec is a lucky thing u get mates that listen u make it or not point for u#

but i still think sec should be for a real team not for a pub
  5. Zuriel

Zuriel Well-Known Member

How difficult do you want the game to be? Can you name areas which you find too easy?
  6. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Well... reason you don't need a Class Call (Or any explanation really), is merely because Alpha Company is The DPS Storyline. It's all about building up as much DOOM as possible as fast as possible. And other than the Field Aid Medic doesn't really have any purely defensive classes. And there are almost no gimmicks involved, unlike Apollo Security Team.
  7. Thermidor

Thermidor Well-Known Member

Hmm, I don't know tbh. Whenever I end up in an alpha norm game, the team almost always wipes at any time starting from lab holdout if they are unorganised. If the team is better organised and skilled then a glimmer of hope for victory is there.
  8. Shooz
    • Donator

Shooz NOTD Staff: Killjoy

I would suggest doing what our clan does and create for yourselves an entity designed to increase more success ful and fun games for all those who have the drive for it. I agree with Zuriel. Do some 1980+ SR games on nightmare with a group you got together trained and ensured their understanding and capabilities in and of the game.

Our clan has only gotten larger and set our sights on more and more challenging feats with NOTD. Why not do the same Puncho?

I could lend you my aid and that of ArcanePariah and Archangel if you dont mind starting up an EU version of what we do in our clan.

I so hope I'm correct when I say you're EU and the eLPuncho I know.
  9. Hades

Hades Member

You basicly need to find higher rated games. And if you are as good as you claim to be find some mates and play around at nightmare with 1800sr and let us know if its still not challenging enough.

and i'd like to see you full pub sec team b path
  10. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

This is clearly just a troll thread. If you wish for harder games, play on nightmare. You have no reason to complain about difficulty when playing on piss easy gamemodes. You're just trying to self inflate your own ego.
  11. Shooz
    • Donator

Shooz NOTD Staff: Killjoy

Thread was locked by another moderator.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.