[Contest] Arturia made the most broken thing

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Kith, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

So here's the deal. I've been rolling around ideas in my head as kind of a creative exercise as I am wont to do, and I came up with a class concept that I like to call The Veteran. He actually lacks any abilities of his own, but what he can do is combine trees from any of the other classes. The catch is that if the tree is Right or Left, it has to stay a Right or Left tree (so no Operations/Arms).

Now, in concept and after a cursory glance-over the skills of the various classes, I don't think this would be too overpowered. However, I challenge the you, the denizens of the NOTD community, to prove me wrong. I'll be granting bonus Reputation to whoever wins and the unique opportunity to tell me what to work on after I'm done fiddling with the Bosses.

Here are the base stats for this dude:

The Veteran
    Base Hitpoints: 125
    Base HP Regen: .35
    Base Armor: 1
    Base Shields: 45
    Base Shield Regen: 1.5
    Base Shield Armor: 1
    Base Energy: 75
    Base Energy Regen: .65
    Base Movespeed: 2.25

Class Skills:
    Experience - The Veteran is capable of choosing two different trees from any class to create a custom class. He gains passive bonuses to base stats for each tree he chooses.

Combat Rifleman: +.10 MS, +5% damage
    Survival Rifleman: +.15 MS, +.35 Energy Regeneration
    Field Aid Medic: +95 Energy
    Nano Medic: +.65 Energy Regeneration
    Arms Assault: +7.5% Critical Hit
    Protection Assault: "Tank" rating protection, +1 armor, +75 hitpoints
    Surveillance Recon: +3 sight range
    Mobility Recon: +.25 MS, +1 sight range
    Assassination Marksman: +2 sight range, +2 weapon range
    Subtlety Marksman: +.10 MS, +.15 Energy Regeneration
    Explosives Demolitions: +.35 Energy Regeneration
    Fortitude Demolitions: "Tank" rating protection, +1 Shield Armor, +50 shields
    Field Engineer: +75 energy, Turret Activation
    Combat Engineer: +5% X-1 damage, Turret Activation
    Operations Commando: +10% damage
    Delta Commando: +.15 MS, +.35 Energy Regeneration
    Pyro Flamethrower: +5% damage, +.15 Energy Regeneration
    Order Flamethrower: "Tank" rating protection, +.45 Energy Regeneration
    Artillery Support Forward Observer: +4 sight range
    Infantry Support Forward Observer: +3% Mobile Infantry Movespeed, Attack Damage, and Attack Speed
    Telepathy Psi Ops: +75 Energy
    Mind Mastery Psi Ops: +0.55 Energy Regeneration
    Weapons Technician: +40 energy
    Modifications Technician: "Tank" rating protection, +50 hitpoints, +0.75 Hitpoint Regeneration
    Gunslinger Pathfinder: +10% damage
    Rocketeer Pathfinder: +1 Shield Armor, +55 shields
    Desolator Chemical Expert: +.45 Energy Regeneration
    Ground Support Chemical Expert: +.2 Health Regeneration, +.15 Energy Regeneration

Note that he does not gain any of the innate abilities, such as Sap, Surgical Laser, Anti-Venom, or Focus Fire. If the tree would grant an improved version (such as Improved Focus Fire or Surgical Laser), then he gains the upgraded version of the base ability by leveling that skill, but he does not have the base ability simply by choosing the skill tree.

Have at it, kids.

Edit: Oh yeah, the Combat Engineer is disqualified as a choice for "potentially OP", because I'm already aware of that one. Really, all it'd take to fix is switching the Combat and Field Support trees around.
  2. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

RE: [Contest] Make the most broken thing

Operations Commando + Modifications Technician.

EDIT: FA Med + Protection Assault.
  3. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

explodemo/field engi, go engi to basically have an engi with massive energy regen
    [hr]
    Arturia wins. In apollo the modtech/opscdo could get ttd and cuts and basically have permanent motm.
  4. Emperor

Emperor New Member

The answer is obviously Jumping Order Flamer.

Smite, jump, land, Faith, rinse, repeat.

I dub this class:

[​IMG]

You know I just realized I totally forgot the sides for PF. Nevertheless, the other Pyro tree also works! Then you'd have an Assault Marine with Melta guns and melta bombs. Albeit very very slow melta bombs.

Grenades, jump, land, fire burst, rinse, repeat.
  5. Ramses II
    • Donator

Both of those are right tree.
    [hr]
    Actually no. I choose both trees of the Tauren Ops.
  6. Emperor

Emperor New Member

I'm pretty sure you're just getting one side of a class and the opposite side of another class.
  7. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

Requesting better instructions. Only thing I got from here is that you can't have 2 left trees or 2 right trees.
    No ops/arms can mean either you can't have left tree as arms and right tree as ops (because you need to get a left tree and a right tree) or you can't have a single tree with both ops/arms skills.
    (Ammo fed adrenaline surg blood frenzy wat)

Blend 2 classes.
    What does the combining entail though?

I'm assuming Veteran has the Left tree of class A with right tree of class B or Right tree of class A and Left tree of class B?
    To benefit from both trees, you'll have to hybrid (delay T3)

Gunslinger + Delta

Dat mob slow or dat heightened barret hands
    +10% damage too from passive

Jumper + Ops

Surged striked 450 damage jumps.
    +10% damage more again from passive

or is the Veteran's Left tree allowed to be a combo of A and B's left tree / Right tree can be a combo of A and B's right tree?
    (Vengeance + Spiked armor, TTD at end)
    (Mono Mind + ravage)
    (combat rofl crit + mm crit + osok for perma crit osoks) +5% damage passive combat rofl damage
    [hr]
    passive combo

Operations + slinger
    +10% damage x 2 passive

Edit
    Ok. Thanks bawss.
  8. HDD
    • Donator

HDD Well-Known Member

Ops Commando + Survival Rifleman
  9. Foehammer
    • Donator

Foehammer Well-Known Member

Telepathy Psi Ops + Order Flamethrower
  10. squish

squish Well-Known Member

GS chem with opscomm. Adrenaline all the things with energy transfer.
    mobcon submm. infinite +50% dmg boost anybody?
    [hr]
    submm + opscomm. 225% damage nukes + infinite energy regen with kits? LOLLERSKATEZ
    burninate all the things with adrenaline, surg, cloak, bt, MoS?
    [hr]
    incep po with ops mando. a nuke doing 3200 damage with incep on that guy would just be silly. not to mention that slow of mobs, with adrenaline/surg flamer? -.- I can do this ALL DAY kith.
    [hr]
    ORRR if you wanna get REALLY cheesy, opcomm/motm tech. Adrenaline surg crowbar with dat HP regen, and if you get all your talents maxed... infinite fucking march unless some jackass mono's you. In which case you nuke his ass.
    [hr]
    GS Chem + Arms assault. Infinite energy, infinite dakka.
    [hr]
    GS chem + Explodemo. kill ALL the things with mines, fire and death.
    [hr]
    GS chem storm po. infinite fucking storm.
  11. Arturia

Order Flamer + Artillery FO.
  12. Pyromaniac

Pyromaniac Well-Known Member

I find it hard to prove you wrong kith without the ability to get dts : ) I believe that's a good thing
  13. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

Actually... Mobcon + Opcomm. The logic being is that you are permanently cloaked and thus borderline invincible, while still possessing the best dps + AoE spell. Refresher Nuke would easily wipe the floor with most things, along with fresher adren surge.
  14. Ramses II
    • Donator

So many people are assuming that they will get both T3s... when was the last time you played a game where you got to both T3s?
  15. Arturia

Its the working assumption simply because he doesn't explicitly state you don't get both T3's, nor does he explicitly state a scenario.

Bluntly put, his instructions are to Pick a Left Tree & Right Tree and make something OP.

Unless he clarifies, it would be assumed you have all skills maxed.
  16. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

I'm going to assume that we are talking lvl 13 or so max meaning you can't max both trees but get 1 max tree and 1 tree with t1 filled.

In that case I'd think Crifle+Mobrec would be pretty OP with evasion/ms/cm built into massive dps. The energy regen would make talent spam no problemo compared to going assa/rec.

Also, Field Aid medic with Support chem would be quite rad with shrinker and energy transfer as a support class.

Assassination marksman with psi teleport and shit would be lol as well but maybe not exactly OP.

Nano medic with minor in telepathy ops would wreck havoc on the movespeed of all enemies including bosses.

Fort demo with minor in field aider medic could sustain shields permanently really and get rid of that annoying cripple.

Inf support FO with telepathy ops would make those minis killing machines by virtue of slow enemies tht you can push back constantly. FO has no energy expenditure otherwise anyway.

Mod Tech with crifle or ops com would be rad. I'm sure you know why. WIth arms assa minor not bad either.

You could also be a bit bored and go weapons tech with fort demo to fix that short circuit, slow stuff and have a 2nd Look talent to play with.

Rocket PF with minor in FA med could keep himself alive very easily as SL nearly fully heals and shield fully restores. Has too much energy anyway.

Mod tech with field engie minor would be nice for that near perm MOTM when you add 1 arc.
  17. Yuey
    • Warden

Yuey Warden

I don't think FA medic and Support Chem combo would be able to reach the critical Energy Transfer + Nanoweave quickly enough to be really broken. And even then he misses out the Innate AV on both Chems and Medic so he can't cure everything. You'd really waste a slot for a medic that levels slower and does not get AV in exchange for maybe a energy regen skill late in the game?

And now for something that could potentially be very funny to watch, Delta Commando + Desolator Chems, Grav Nade + Contaminate would be useful for keeping all targets within Contaminate's AOE for mass venom stacks. Not particularly broken but useful to have sort of thing. Would also work with Mad Spark-Contaminate or Force Push-Contaminate but those are on the wrong side of the trees, I think. Counter Measures-Contaminate works too but doesn't affect bosses who hurts the most with mass venoms stacks.
  18. Miracle
    • Development Team
    • Community Leader

Miracle NOTD Staff: Assistant of many things

What about modifications Technician with ground support Chemical Expert? You could probably tank your way against a boss and watch others die from chemical plating alone right? And most people already know the trick of unlimited march of the machines having energy transfer...
  19. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Both right tree, so you can't
  20. Miracle
    • Development Team
    • Community Leader

Miracle NOTD Staff: Assistant of many things

Oh I didn't read that part sorry >.<

Fine... Operations Commando with ground support Chemical Expert so you could double the ridiculous damage from surgical strike + adrenaline with penance, and make quick getaway with shrink ray?