Community Watch Discussion & Rebuttal Thread

Discussion in 'Player Reports' started by Reaper, Jan 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reaper

Reaper Moderator/The Crimsonrine

[align=center][​IMG][/align]

This thread is for discussing or presenting information of the NOTD Community Watch and for any reported member to offer his rebuttal. Also if there is someone you suspect of maybe cheating you can first make your post here about it before posting it up in the NOTD Community Watch and have other members help review and discuss.

Rules
    • Language usage in this thread is formal
    • No straying off-topic, should you post something which is not adding information or a rebuttal the post will be deleted
    • No flaming
  2. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

RE: [split] Community Watch Discussion and Rebuttal Thread

For the moment can we put this on hold because I do believe this is a bug, that will only occur for new players.

Edit: This is a bug that I have corrected, I would ask any player to inform this play to just restart their bank (Which shouldn't be a major headache, only 1 game played, maybe 3).
  3. Soviet

Soviet New Member

My Ban Apology

Hello dear fellow friends and players.
    I have been recently banned for trying to "ask someone for their bank file" and "hacking" NOTD. I didn't mean to offend or really ask for the players bank file. I was joking about it because I was tired of playing with nooby pubs. I thought that my joke wouldn't be taken seriously by the player that posted the complaint. I deeply apologize for my actions and wish there is a way to explain that I was simply joking and wasn't serous about the bank file. I am happy with my bad karma even though I am trying very hard to get it back by playing medic constantly. Some of you may have bad or good experiences with me. I apologize either way if I had been rude, impolite, or just trolling in any way. I hope everyone can forgive me and give me a second chance. I believe that my ban should be lifted off because I seriously do not see them fun in hacking NOTD. I spoke with MysteryGuy and explained the situation to him as well. I apologize from the core of my heart about this. I didn't think that my "joke" would be taken so seriously and I again apologize for the inconvience. I believe that I should be given a second chance and that this situation/problem should be looked over by not only just by players, vets, etc. But also the mods and admins. If anyone has any further quesitons or conecnrerns, or would like to hear my story I am currently on Ventrillo and will be very appreciative if anyone would support giving me a second chance and listening to my story. Thank you for you time.
    Sincerly, :(

Soviet
  4. Reaper

Reaper Moderator/The Crimsonrine

Hello Soviet

Looking at your case file, Extifer, NA Warden is going to make contant with you or you have to and have a discussion. Dependant on how that goes your either axed for a long time or you will be good to go again.:cool:
  5. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Except Extifer can't actually view the forum atm :/
  6. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Regarding Soviet

Ive had bad experience with this guy, but if he really wanted to hack its not hard.

Also he was "asking" a person 3k xp higher than him for his bank, i dont personally like soviet much but technically he hasn't hacked or changed his bank thus far, from the evidence described.

Dont get me wrong, the world would be a better, greener, and brighter place with him banned, but he just hasn't done anything physically wrong.
  7. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

MissHumpz NOTD Staff: Event Coordinator & Amazing Amazer

Extifer would argue that asking for bank files is a ban-able offense, most likely for a 1-2 week duration.
    As it can encourage others in the community to start sharing bank files in order to get ahead in the game, thus cheating themselves and everyone else's hard work.
  8. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

I think as it stands it's his word against JonChua's (he says it was a joke, JonChua said it wasn't). As SOVIET has much more reason to lie than Jon does, we have to assume it was not a joke, in which case a ban of some length would be in order. If, however, SOVIET can get a copy of the replay or a screenshot of the chat-log that proves he was joking, charges should be dropped. SOVIET should also be given a reasonable amount of time in which to find the replay before a ban is enacted.
  9. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

Go here and look at this. Player askes for bankfile from a reputable member and is denied. So what happens, he goes and downloads the "bankfile". NA in general is very strict towards these sort of things because the major player population of NOTD is from NA and rules must be enforced to keep everything fair and civilized.

Check the brig.
  10. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

This could be a possible bug from ArcanePariah's update, please ask the player if anyone seems him/her to delete their bank file and start fresh again.
  11. Soviet

Soviet New Member

thank you... however, ive found it is very difficult to talk to this player..... Another player by the name of Axiszer has helped me calm down and really focus on what I did wrong and understnad my mistake... I swear it was intentional... however.... i do take the blame for any problems i have caused...
    [hr]
    I appreciate you opinion... and that NOTD would be greener wihout me? ok then... but i suggest serosuly speaking to some of the other players that have had good expierences with me and could vouch for me
  12. Zeriathyr

Zeriathyr Well-Known Member

I think you mean you swear that it wasn't intentional, regarding having no intent to hack the file.

On the minus side, he talked about bank files which is something not encouraged,
    Of course, if he did cheat, there is no excuses for it.

But.. I'll like to plead for his case. He hasn't really hacked or cheated as far as I know, and may not have been aware that it is taboo to speak on such issues.

As such, I stand by Ramses II's idea.
  13. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

I didn't have all the information at the time and I now fully back Extifer's decision. I suggest you re-read the case file in the Brig.
  14. vexxenon

vexxenon Well-Known Member

He has about 7k exp? Until that number magically goes up significantly, he didn't hack the bank or use someone elses. The last thing you want is this turning into a minority report.
  15. Zeriathyr

Zeriathyr Well-Known Member

That seems fair enough.
  16. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

SOVIET claims to have been joking and claims to have been framed. I am not amused as I've got a copy of the replay.

This doesnt seem like no f***ing joke to me.

Lying to the community and lying to the Warden. A big slap to everyone's face pretty much.

However, I'll let the community decide for themselves.

Early parts of the game conversation chat Log Screen Shots as follows with the replay attached. There's more towards the conversation in the replay file.

If anyone has concerns related to this matter, you can private message me within the forums. Other than that this is a closed and shut case.

As for you SOVIET/Kommandir, you have no way out now and no counter argument. You'll be purged within the coming fires.

Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

conversation part 1
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

Conversation Part 2

Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

Conversation Part 3

Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

Credits to JonChua. Thank you for reporting this behavior and not giving up your bank file to this sort of scum and having integrity.
  17. HDD
    • Donator

HDD Well-Known Member

@SOVIET/Kommandir The situation has gone too far to be still considered a joke. After insisting multiples times in this replay and has well on previous screenshot. If that was really a joke then you won't have never been in the situation right now.

@Extifer From my opinion, Consequence has to be applied. The ban has to be there.(That is if its his first case on the NOTD Community Watch Thread.)
  18. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Check the brig.
  19. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Bojingles is Jingles, a very old player of NOTD

[​IMG]
  20. David

David Well-Known Member

Yea that's Jingles. He remembered me and it's been over a year.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.