Community Watch Discussion and Rebuttal Thread

Discussion in 'Archive' started by YetiSwarm, Feb 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

Well said, NiteShade.
  2. zander

zander Member

lol ^^^ put tht also in the meme thread
  3. Apples

Apples New Member

How do I pull up a screen shot from a game? To get un-banned from forum.
  4. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

Use the prnt-scrn button on your keyboard, paste into a picture processor, save and attach.
  5. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

You don't even have to do that. In game press Print Screen. It saves to the Screenshots Folder. Just find it in there and attach to Forum. Save yourself two steps.
  6. Apples

Apples New Member

Lol, how do I attach?

nvm.

Got it, this is not a hacked file, so why am I banned from forum?
  7. zander

zander Member

there's an attatchment button lol
  8. Apples

Apples New Member

Lol, yeah I found it.
  9. Shooz
    • Donator

Shooz NOTD Staff: Killjoy

You were banned for your support of Vahn and his disregard for rules and his open support of hacking and hackers.

You have five days to submit to me an appropriate rebuttal. Should you choose not to. You ban will not be altered.

Upon reading your rebuttal and considering all information pertaining to your ban. The ban may be modified to include being lifted entirely.
  10. Apples

Apples New Member

How did I support him, by being his friend? I have never atempted hacking nor will I, plus I do not go telling people to hack the game. He is the only friend I have that plays this game, plus he lives 6 hours away, so I don't get to see him that often. No disrespect, but banning me for being his friend and playing with him seems pretty weak.
  11. Shooz
    • Donator

Any and all who are affiliated with hackers are subject to the same treatment as they are. You were linked to him in his disrespectful post and by thanking him for that post you flagged yourself in support of him and his ideals.

Your opinion of strong or weak pointed matters not to me. The integrity of this forum is the only thing that I care about, that doesn't include how close you live to another member or that they're the only person you play with.

Do you have anything else to add to this rebuttal?
  12. Apples

Apples New Member

What thing did I thank, I have never posted on this forum before today man.
  13. Shooz
    • Donator

Page 4, last post. The post was by Vahn and with no evidence, told members they didn't know what they were speaking of. You "King Li" Thanked that post.

This is the evidence of your affiliation and like-mindedness.
  14. Apples

Apples New Member

Lol, 1 thanks and that means I'm guity. I was not even allowed to make a post at the time so I was pressing random bottons cause I thought the page froze. I found out that I need to go back to my e-mail to fully activate. Plus banning someone for clicking a "thank botton" seems unreasonable. If your going to ban someone, ban the actual hackers and the ones that kill there own team mates during a game and then leave. There is also no evidence beyond that 1 "thank".

Yes he's my friend, but I have no control over what he does. Me being held responsable for his actions is not fair at all. I respectfully ask for you to un-ban King Lil.
  15. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

A Single thanks given can have different implications.

e.g. A person providing Information on a certain subject.
    What the thank means: They provided useful information / you support the information.

e.g. A person providing tools for manipulating banks
    What the thank means: They provided useful information / you support the information.

Here is what makes you come off as guilty: A man is known by the company he keeps

EDIT: Wow, I didn't even explain what I meant by the thanking of posts.

Thanking means you appreciate the information being posted. If your thanking someone for posting tools to manipulate a bank or siding with an extremely likely bank manipulator who does not even provide proof to contest the manipulation, it comes off as your thanking the person for helping you, or thanking them for expressing views similar to yours.

EDIT#2: And I noticed I posted a different story than I intended, but it had the same moral.
    Birds of a feather flock together
    That was the intended link, but the posted one gets the message through just as well.
  16. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

What King Arthur says.
  17. Apples

Apples New Member

Like I said though, there is no evidence beyond that "1" click that I support him. I do not support hacking, I have never tried hacking and there is no evidence that I have. I thought the page froze so I started clicking thinks to see if it was. Turned out I didnt fully activate my account. Can you honestly say that you have never misclicked or clicked things to find out if the page froze? Look at all my games if you want. All of them are consistant. I have never told people to hack, nor have I ever provided information on how to hack. There for I don't see the reasoning.
  18. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

That makes sense to me. I suggest un-banning King Lil with some warning level for a month or so. We have to be careful when deciding that those who may support hackers deserve the same punishment, as if that is taken for granted you eventually decide that anyone who plays a game with a hacker and doesn't attempt a -vk or tk is also supporting that hacker by playing with them. Then everyone who avoids playing with them (leaving games that they join) is also supporting them by allowing them to play rather than staying in to vk or tk.

I suggest banning hackers and their most blatant supporters, nothing more.
  19. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

Obviously, its stupid to say that anyone who doesn't tk or vk a hacker is supporting the hacker. However, when a veteran player within this forum and community plays a game with a hacker and doesnt tk or vk then thats a little bit disappointing because we as the community should do our part in curbing the amount of hackers out there until Ability does something (if that ever happens).

In regards to Apple/kinglil, I will say that not in one single post did anyone ever accuse you of hacking, so stop defending yourself in regards to that because we are not saying you are a hacker. However, it should be noted that you did (accidental or not) "thank" a post in support of a hacker, which warranted a response from community members. Although you dont hack and "supposedly" supported the hacker you are just as bad as the hacker. As the saying goes "He supported the murder of an innocent person is just as guilty as the person who did it"

If you don't get banned by Shooz (Its up to his decision) then let this be a warning to you because we as the community will NEVER tolerate hackers and their supporters.

Do not F*** with us
    [video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWVxI6XZAuE[/video]
  20. Shooz
    • Donator

It is out of sympathy for a foolish action by a fool who knows no better, that King-Li/Apples ban be reduced to a week.

KingLi/Apples, if you're reading this right now, it means you're violating the terms of your punishment, in which case I will make it my mission to find every account you have and keep them permanently banned.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.