Community Watch Discussion and Rebuttal Thread

Discussion in 'Archive' started by YetiSwarm, Feb 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

http://www.notdstarcraft.com/forum/show ... p?tid=1041

From that thread/link above

Let see,

1)Taking a giant dump on the community.

2)Comparing what you did to why Niteshade left therefore somewhat tarnishing his great name in the process because the two are totally unrelated.

3)Undermining the Warden by trying to do his job. Keep in mind the Warden's job is to keep the game fair for everyone.

4)Misguiding new players of the community with this hate filled rant, which is why they ended up thanking your whole post without properly being informed. Therefore, their names getting tarnished to an extent as well.

5)Passing a program to Shiromada who also passed that bank modifier program to other people as well, which created an influx of bank cheats/hackers.

6)I hope I stay banned FOREVER from the game itself to remind me why time and time again why I don't play it anymore at all. - squish

Therefore, I ask you this question (its rhetorical btw), "If you were in my position and some player did what you did, what would you do?"

Exactly,

because you being banned for one month is like a slap on the wrist because being banned for one month is the minimum for those caught with the localvoid bank file. I could have just banned you for a month for what you did initially, but you decided to take things way out of proportion and fuck it up for yourself with that thread.

I never actually had a grudge against you and I saw the enthusiasm you use to have for NOTD. However, when you decided to do all of the above and more I lost every bit of respect of you. I don't care that you did that because you were simply "rage filled" at that moment.

That is not an excuse and ignorance like that breeds incompetence. Personally, I don't know how you can repair your image after doing something like that and I don't think anyone will ever take your suggestions or help for NOTD seriously because of what you did.

To make matters worse what even aggravated me and many community members even more is the fact that you come back two weeks later asking to be unbanned to play the game solo. You don't apologize or anything but rather after two weeks you come back with a demand and you try to make it seem like the reason why you are still banned is because of a grudge. That is quite pathetic and to unbann you so that you can play solo, what does it tell every other hacker/cheater of the community?
  2. Osaze

Osaze Well-Known Member

Good job! Good effort!
  3. Froblock

Froblock Well-Known Member

Well said Extifer.
  4. squish

squish Well-Known Member

I can see your point in your post. I'd just like to be able to play again, even if only to play it solo, but if you do not wish that, then so be it, I'll quit asking for the impossible then, merely offer my advice at some points, criticism on others, and help on others still.
  5. rockz
    • Donator

rockz Well-Known Member

Why don't you make a copy of the map with your ID removed?
  6. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

seriously rocks?

What does that tell everyone else in the community?

What does that tell every bank cheat/hacker out there?
  7. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

"You can still play, but not with anyone else".
  8. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

I know, anyways I'll just leave it at that. I don't want this thread going off tangent.
  9. Thirteen

Thirteen New Member

[split] Community Watch

Check Slarkin 1-S2-1-2193007
  10. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

He's an old player the screen shot will explain why he has those discrepancies.

[​IMG]
  11. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

I find it hard to believe that he was getting 57 xp/game back that long ago. When I started playing about 15 months (64 weeks) ago, the best players had 30-40 xp/game. 50 was completely unheard of.
  12. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

That is one thing that I am highly suspicious of as well. Like I said his history will explain the discrepancies in his win tally but yes 57xp per game back in the day is something very unheard of. I myself was stuck at 28xp per game for a very long time in those days.

I am still investigating the accused never the less.
  13. Lulz

Lulz Well-Known Member

i started slightly before ozzy, and rode a 50 average xp per game through my whole first few months. While it wasnt upper fifties it rarely dropped to the 40s. Just playing devils advocate here, he could perhaps be legit. Ironically it didnt drop down to the 40s till i started playing private games due to the masses of remakes.
  14. Froblock

Yep that is true Lulz. Which is why this rule mostly applies to anyone who was a decent player and tried to play for medals and NM games.
    Pub players do not fit this category because pub is not as hard.
    Most of our "community" that we talk about is based on players who go beyond pub games. And the typical 20-30xp avg xp is what we see.
    We all play against risk vs reward. And of course back in the day it was more time efficient to play 1.5 hours of NM games rather than 1.5 hours of pub. There was no speed reward in pub before i think.

There are some players who decided to back up their banks and avoid losses to retain their high average xp's, but not many. Maybe like 4 players.
  15. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Spoke to him and his story checks out. He' cleared.
  16. Lulz

Lulz Well-Known Member

sooo gonna toss one up in here for discussion because well, theres no solid anything on it but some feedback would be nice.

Kaiser (NA) 50k ish xp, i only took 2 screenshots so more would be needed from some others, i didnt take many because well at first he seemed a bit fishy but then he didnt, and then he did again.

again 50k ish xp with only 8k career earnings, he said he was an old player (i didnt even question him about it just said not many xp that high i havent played with before). medals showed very very few nm runs, or really organised runs of any kind, didnt even have level 1 exped.

I didn't question it until he hit his t3 as po (incept ops) and really just spammed incept all day long (it got annoying, tho he stopped when i told him to stop pointlessly using it).

Thats the point were i got to thinking if he was old enough to only have only 8k career credits, back in those days before credits 50k was a hell of alot of xp. I played a game with geoffrey right after (the oldest notd salt i know) and he didnt know him either, which strikes me as odd from somebody with that much xp that long ago, that me or geoff never seen him.

Anyways i have jack shit for evidence only took a screenshot of his earnings and cp since at the time i only thought it was kinda fishy, baseically just wanting feedback and if anybody else were to run into him maybe a more detail screenshots.

[attachment=2088]

edit - scratch that i appear to have not taken the cp screenshot, however he had 9 in recon and nothing in almost everything else.
  17. David

David Well-Known Member

Just off the top of my head - I recall running into someone with that name (or something similar) when I started playing (probaby only played 2-3 games with him over 2 years). He was probably around 40k at the time. He could be one of those old pub heroes like chrisloy who had a ton of xp but never played any organized games. Or he could have hacked waaaaay back then.
  18. Froblock

SEA people, we need your help!
    I do recall hearing Tsukino talk about a Kaizer before so this player will have to be a SEA player transferring over his bank to play on NA. (because SEA has access to both due to low player population)
  19. grandmarshal

grandmarshal New Member

I checked his playing history in SEA n get back to you guys...There is a Kaizer back in SEA before the great migration though...

& btw, look on the bright side Lulz, we totally OP the whole game without sweating... Q shrieked before she reached...twice. thanks to inception n FM...
  20. Yuey
    • Warden

Yuey Warden

There is definitely an old SEA vet named Kaizer and I think he's legit.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.