Community Watch Discussion and Rebuttal Thread

Discussion in 'Archive' started by YetiSwarm, Feb 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

SHARING BANKFILES IS NOT ALLOWED AND IS A BANNABLE OFFENSE

THESE INDIVIDUALS HAVE BETRAYED THE LAW

[​IMG]
  2. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

Well the bank files are too similar to each other, plus the fact that all 3 of them are in the same game usually means that they are friends.

Well gentlemen, we know what card to play

[​IMG]
  3. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

Such a shame, he always took tank in alpha when no one else wanted it.
  4. Lulz

Lulz Well-Known Member

This is the kind of offense we need something besides straight to banning for. A relatively new guy playing with his two buddies probably doesnt think anything wrong with what he did. A simple warning 8 times out of 10 is gonna set this straight. Plus its not gonna hurt anything if they keep on abusing as well, if they keep doing it just give em the ban hammer a few days later. No harm done
  5. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

part of the requirements before getting someone banned is warning them and only after seeing them having not mended their ways 1 day after are their names allowed to be reported in the community watch thread.

it's the reason several of the more blatantly uncooperative cheaters went into the notd channel or go around in pubs strutting their stuff "like a boss" to brag about how "the day before, people had already banned them" when in fact it was just the warning given.
  6. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

Just a quick question about

Are we sure this isn't another case of when we had a player play a few games online, but many games offline, and consequently, got fucked by the maps auto-kick logic checks?

Because, it doesn't come off as hacked. I get what you mean by his average exp, but his fucking rating. 1389 in 22 games, with 1475 karma?

Since the game doesn't count single-player games, wouldn't this be the same exact thing as what happened a while back, where a player had complained of being banned, with the cause being an excessive amount of solo off-line gaming?
  7. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Hm. Could be possible, though I have forgotten now if -w tracks in single player too or not (thought it did). Because if it does its pretty impossible to get those kind of stats without winning.
  8. Arturia

It does not track any games played, or games won AFAIK.
    [hr]
    For Single Player, that is.
  9. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Wasn't there that bug in SP which used to give people 10k wins and then got fixed?

In any case, I'll check out the guy's Bnet history later today and report back.
  10. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Investigation:
    64 total NOTD games up until the screenshot game.
    64-21 recorded = 43 solo.
    Note I count 21 recorded instead of 22 because current game was at 1 xp still.

Of those 43 solo, 0 were wins and none lasted longer than 14 minutes. The majority were under 4 minutes.

3809 / 64 = 59.5 xp per game including solo
    3809 - 6*80 = 3329
    3329 / 59 (losses) = 57.4 xp per game

I'm going to call BS and hack.
  11. Arturia

I thought it was explicitly stated that vs AI in single player was not recorded in Match History?

But yeah, you do prove a valid point there.

I'd say warn him, then consider the ban.
    He should not have any more then 6 CP however, so perhaps check that as well?

Not that I'm trying to defend the guy, but I still have a feeling its like a past case where a Person Solo Play'd a lot and the game's logic checks kicked him until Ability did something to them.
  12. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Considering hes been playing alone in multi that much, its doubtful he would have then also gone singleplayer mode (which now is in SC2 rather than Arcade) and played alone. His account only goes back 6 days (5 if counting from the report)

Thanks for getting me to check it through though, very valid point.
  13. LftHnddSczrs

LftHnddSczrs Member

Hello,

I just played a game with "Batman" 1SC1853481 who has 8428 xp and 271 games played, but 8 wins and 22 speed wins and 31 mm cp somehow. He also didnt know that by doing the civ truck black ops would come with queen and kill the rest of us. Here are some screenshots:

Let me know if you want to see the replay.

by the way i asked him about his bank and he said he switched computers so thats why the numbers are messed up but when i transfer my bank everything is fine. so if this is a perfectly reasonable explanation then thats that
  14. Arturia

The CP issue is extremely obvious.
    33 CP with less wins then CP points.

The reason for his stats messing up is commonly known as a bad excuse and lame coverup.
  15. David

David Well-Known Member

Nothing seems too out-of-the-ordinary. The guy should have in between 60-65 wins in 271 games based on his CAR. Looks like only 30 are recorded in -w. It helps his case that he's actually playing a marksman during your screenshot. If you check his playing history and he has games dating back to before the -w system (or during the time when it wasn't tracking wins properly) that would explain the discrepancy.

To my knowledge, the truck doesn't spawn any more black ops than would come originally. Or do you mean if you start the truck mission early the black ops will attack the truck instead, making them arrive at the holdout point when the queen gets there (versus getting there earlier)? Most of the time the black ops arrive at the holdout and get slaughtered before chapter 3 begins and the truck mission becomes activated. Either way I don't follow what you mean and wouldn't expect some 8ker to either.
  16. LftHnddSczrs

LftHnddSczrs Member

basically if the team is not all at the same place, some bo stay with queen. thats why its good to start truck after bo
  17. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Solo is NOT recorded on match history, which is why is have 63 avg xp.
  18. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

I'm sensing a Hacker from those stats and wins that arent being tracked properly. Now there is a player that I am aware of that has their W not being counted properly, but this player is the only exception that I am aware of.

Update
    I have spoken to Batman about his/her situation regarding his/her bank file. It was come to my knowledge that Batman transferred his or her bank to his/her brother's computer which may have some how messed up his/her bank file. He/she has told me they have been playing about year but was unable to do so recently because their computer broke. I asked Batman to list some changes in regards from NOTD since 1 year ago and Batman was able to do so.

So this could be a case where Batman's bank file is messed up and not tracking Wins properly. There is a player I know that is legit who has the same problem. So I'll take it as the same problem is occurring.
  19. LftHnddSczrs

LftHnddSczrs Member

Ever heard of ketchup? the screenshot speaks for itself. meg left the game in disgust
  20. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

ketchup is an old veteran of NOTD. However, it has been brought to my attention a while back courtesy of Niteshade that Ketchup lost his/her bank file of NOTD and decided to hack in order to get back his/her stats and what not.

In this case I will consider a ban, but I will let the community decide the duration for which Ketchup should be banned for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.