Community Watch Discussion and Rebuttal Thread

Discussion in 'Archive' started by YetiSwarm, Feb 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

No more discussion of Razor is necessary. Hades, do not reply to Scar's post. Scar, don't post anything else about this issue.

This thread and the CW are not for flame wars. Hades thought he had reasonable suspicion of another player, and posted his stats on the CW asking if anyone could vouch for him. Scar and others vouched for him. He was therefore not added as a hacker.

No idea how this got so out of hand, but it ends now.
    [hr]
    Also, insulting other members of the forum in public threads on the forum IS NOT PERMITTED even if they insulted you first. You have been warned.
  2. Reaper

Reaper Moderator/The Crimsonrine

Any member from NA have any more info on player Zach reported by RawrBeezy in the Community Watch?
  3. Emperor

Emperor New Member

I don't recognize this Zach. He's apparently farmed 30k credits outside Survival and has spent them on things other than mod points, insignias and pets.

So he's either not very frugal, or he hacks and did it wrong.

I suspect with a 50 XP average someone has got to know him if he's legit. Not something you can wrack up being a pubstar or without anyone noticing.

That said I miss original Zach. And original-Zach I last saw at 20k.
  4. SirGalahad

SirGalahad New Member

I also do not know Zach. With that many games played/won, it's bizarre that he has 0 SSM medals. I know lots of people don't like survival, but 0 wave 20 surv games in 848 games played is very very unlikely. Pubstar doesn't explain this either due to the high number of gold medals.

Unless someone vouches for him, I'm inclined to think that he is not legit.
  5. Lulz

Lulz Well-Known Member

i will vouch that i saw him at about 35k but thats all... and i remeber that because it was an alpha and when he joined i expected him to be 500-2000 but was surprised to see a 35k i have never seen.. his medals didnt seem drastically off so that was all. Now looking that lom suggests a hell of alot of ec nms. By that note alone somebody should know him. Anyways my stance goes as hes fishy..
  6. Reaper

Alright, Zach added to the list
  7. Thermidor

Thermidor Well-Known Member

Ok, regarding hell on EU:
    I think he has started over with a proper bank this time around, I'll let people here decide:
    [attachment=920][attachment=921][attachment=922]
  8. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

I've edited the entry in The Brig to not request ban at this time.
  9. Clown
    • Donator

Clown Well-Known Member

He is indeed a hacker. He has upgraded his bank to be 48k, 82k lifetime credits, 12 mods, 3 tics on MoH, gold SSM, gold DSM, level 9 CAR. (he had gold everything else in Rawr's original screen).

I would find the screenshots I took, but what's the point. The game is already auto-kicking him because he's on the banlist.
  10. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

About JoeKickAss/Archer/Michal (EU), I've asked for some screenshots to check on a hypothesis that the XP has been inflated above what it should be.

Comparison:
    Screenshot from end of January, when he first started playing again after a long break:
    http://www.notdstarcraft.com/forumarchi ... p?aid=2404

We played together until around end of Feb, start of March, when he pretty much vanished again to appear about 5 days ago (as per his bnet match history).
    Screenshots from today:
    http://www.notdstarcraft.com/forum/show ... 2#pid14562

Now, when he left, to the best of my knowledge he just got to Lt Col, at best a few K xp above. However, the screens shot an XP value that I feel is a lot higher than it should be by about 8-10k.

I'm going to be asking around a bit more on EU given that he's been playing NOTD for a long time and has been legit otherwise to my knowledge, which is not very good on him.

The other thing is that he is the type who quits a game within the first 20-30 minutes very often which explains high high game count, but he does not consistently finish games, even organized ones.

I've talked to Reaper who has also requested more info.

Talked to Riddelore who has played with him up until he was gone in small team surv and only saw him max 86k xp, no more.

What we all kind of feel though is that its strange to hack yourself xp at this high level, but not unheard of.
  11. David

David Well-Known Member

Re: Dante, NA

Based on the evidence below I see no discrepancies in his stats, medals or experience. In the old community watch there was a Dante on a different server (EU I believe) who had a blatantly hacked bank, however I never found any evidence for a Dante on NA. I suggest Dante be removed from the NA list.
    [attachment=945][attachment=946][attachment=947]
  12. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

Except he's not a hacker. Same situation as ChanlionROAR. Just that he started playing a little after Marloe did. Ask Lucid, Marloe, Zed (if anyone sees him), Deficio, I think even QuantumMech.

If you used vent often in the old days, he should be familiar. Name is Ozzy on ventrillo.
  13. Reaper

Yay, some flame for once.
    Posts deleted from the Community Watch

Right time to pick up the argument. This is what you were reported for.
    [​IMG]

For starters GTFO never told me about you. That was the first game I ever saw you and from first sighting I already saw you were fishy. Whether he was in that game or not you would have died by my hands. GTFO was an accomplice.

As for you, you claimed so strongly that you would make a post somewhere of what we did within the week. Its been about 2 months and nothing from your side. I still welcome you to upload your replay so that other, more "older and mature" people than me can view its contents and decide who is in the wrong.

And I still stand by my statement - I take a sick pleasure in killing your kind. Your kind being the ones who are playing this with stats that you did not earn. If I see someone at my work place and they don't know what we are doing or they are dodging the work I will get suspicious, I will check their previous employment, check the validity of their degrees and if it turns out to be false I will take them out without hesitation and I will file an Unprofessional Practice case against this person and see that they never work in the same field ever again.
  14. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

That leaves all of like 3 people...
  15. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Reaper.

You know what I just noticed. Michal and this guys medals are identical but their ID are different.

I'm gonna add Michal to Brig.
  16. Clown
    • Donator

Clown Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure he is fine. He's been around for at least 8 months or more and 21k credits isn't that much for 3 tics in SSM and 40k considering the last few months of surv cheeses and ec credit gains that were higher.

For comparison, I have 60k xp and around ~40k lifetime credits, with 3 (almost 4) in SSM - but I do have a lot more nm games, I guess it isn't a good comparison. I'd consider my stats pretty normal for someone who hasn't been grinding survival.
  17. SirGalahad

SirGalahad New Member

Regarding Incognito, the math seems fine to me.

He has a total of 977 games, with 333 Ec wins. EC recruit (now, at least) gives about 35-40 creds for a win. That's already ~12500 creds. He has 644 games on top of those wins, 6 of which were successful Alpha/Apollo. Given that the remaining creds average out almost perfectly to 15 for each of those 644 games (a very reasonable average for failed late pubs, or failed pre-wave 20 survivals), there's really nothing fishy here.
  18. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

This surprises me as well. I always had a good impression from halfbaked. Did he give any explanation for his wins record compared to his medals and our memories of playing nm games with him? I think it is possible that this is a bug, but that might just be my unwillingness to accept that he may have been a hacker this whole time and just had the wool over my eyes.
  19. Miracle
    • Development Team
    • CN/TW Liaison

Miracle NOTD Staff: Assistant of many things

All HalfBakedPie said was something about not played for a long time and shared account with his cousin in the mean time.

If what NiteShade said is true, then something is seriously wrong with the new -w command, do you guys think DragonSlayer is having the same issues with it as well?
  20. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Do CP checks return anything on either?

IMO there's nothing wrong with the -w command. None of our EU crew have lost any speed NM wins off their record.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.