Community Watch Discussion and Rebuttal Thread

Discussion in 'Archive' started by YetiSwarm, Feb 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kerghan

Kerghan New Member

Tacoriffic all medals and full weapon mods

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Pyromaniac

Pyromaniac Well-Known Member

He's already on the list, but at least we got his code now
  3. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

That isn't what the Ban feature is for, with its purpose being reserved for Cheaters, Bank modifiers, and the such, not legitimate players. If you are pissed off about him, don't play with him. Just that simple.
  4. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Actually, there is no rule saying that you need to hack to make it onto the banlist.

The criteria is being disruptive / causing excessive grievance / threat to community.

Most of those just happen to be hackers.

And recently since we have a bit of spare space to go around, we are banning hackers simply for being hackers too.

As for Warlord, that is Nicarco's department since he is NA.
  5. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

And I've yet to see a flood of rage calling for dRyRain to be added.

I hardly call warlords behavior disruptive. He plays (and does a decent job), but he'll also bitch if something is wrong or shit is hitting the fan hard, albeit in excess at times. Most people have their moments, his are just more tightly confined.

I could hardly call him disruptive, an excessive grievance or a threat to the community. Unless you consider being told to get your shit together any of those, or seeing a line or two stating how shit would have gone smoother if X was used / present.
  6. Hongbearr

Hongbearr New Member

With regards to Worlord, since we are now on the topic of banning people whom we just don't like, may I suggest that we also ban the following:

* Players whom random assault and then leave
    * MM that takes C4 and wouldn't give it to the tank
    * SS Con whom don't put down SS and hogs all the items
    ... ... and the list just goes on and on

You know what's better? While we ban those people, let's just make the banlist a playlist instead. If you are not on that list, you are auto-kicked with prejudice. This way, all of us who gets to play will have much better quality games!

The road to hell is paved with all sorts of good intentions.
  7. Pyromaniac

A playlist would be easier than a banlist
  8. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

Enough trolling. The Community Watch is not for shitty players, players with no concept of teamwork, or players who murder other players every game. This is for reporting players with hacked bank accounts. Warlord's bank account is, as far as anyone can tell, legitimate.

However, banning CAN be given to those who grief and destroy games purely for the fun of it. In the future, if you have an issue with a player, keep it in the fucking game, in private messages, and in SC2 chat (preferably not the NOTD channel). If you, and many other players consistently have an issue with a player, you've talked to this player about it, and they still continue said behavior THEN you send a PRIVATE message to your region's warden (Nicarco for NA, Ghost for EU, Yuey for SEA). This message should contain all pertinent information including but not limited to replays, chat logs, the player's ID number, etc, as well as a brief account of everything you did to try to fix this person's behavior before you came to the forum about it. It is then completely out of your hands, and up to that warden to decide whether to make a case against them.

I want to see no more posting about Warlord in this or the main CW thread, as he is not in possession of an illegitimate bank account.
  9. Yuey
    • Warden

Yuey Warden

Well, part of the problem was that attachments can't be done for PMs, which was why squish posted the replays up since I asked him for them.

I actually wasted about an hour of my life to go through both replays and to be fairly honest, I don't quite see what is ban-worthy about his conduct. VK-worthy? Maybe. Ban-worthy? Not even close. So yeah, drop the matter now, he isn't worth a ban slot even with the low bar being set now.
  10. Firetruck

Firetruck New Member

Played with Light just then. Took a few SS at the end of the game.
    He also had Odin as his pred after he died despite only having 650ish exp. He's already on the list I believe but i thought i'd post it just so we have his ID anyway. Also: lol'd at his 2.4k wins

SS's in this album: http://imgur.com/a/Kvxlh

This was on NA
  11. Kage

Kage Member

I must explain the reason why we dont have a black list on the forum.

In times of old,there was the predecessor to the Community Watch,the Player's Blacklist.
    It went fine for some time before it fell as there were many disputes over whether certain people should be on the list and complaints from people on the list.It was then closed and mods warned against opening of similar thread.
    Sometime later,it was the birth of the Community Watch.It was meant to report hackers,which were deemed a pain in the neck for the community and was heavily watched.

So,NO player listings to blacklist others publicly on the forum.Keep your own blacklist and simply not play with them.

However,I believe exceptions should be made for players who display extreme cases of tk-ing and griefing.
  12. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

Its also be said that this is also written on the very first page of this thread that the community watch is for HACKERS ONLY and not for tkers, griefers, ect.

Kage is right in regards to the old list that was enacted in ye olde forums. There was initially a black list, however it got ridiculous because there was too much flaming going on, which is why the community didn't keep that list.

Anyways, the point is if theres players you don't like for what ever the reason is, keep it to yourself and don't report it here. The most simple thing you can do is not play with them and problem solved.

However, if they are a chronic problem to you and many other players in the community then bring it up within the brig and something might be possibly done about them if there's enough of a response from the community.
  13. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

Community Watch is only for hacked banks, bans are for hacked banks and chronic griefers. If you want someone to be banned, you pm your warden. Do not post anything other than hacked banks in the Community Watch.

I'm assuming that's basically what kage and ext just said, don't have time to read it.
  14. Pyromaniac

That much I feel obliged to agree with.
  15. Yuey
    • Warden

Yuey Warden

Will do when I wake up tomorrow morning. Did you happen to catch another guy named samuel? He appeared at around the same time with the hacked bank as well.
  16. fox

fox New Member

No I did not see samuel. Will keep an eye out.
  17. Lulz

Lulz Well-Known Member

In regards to the whos the biggest tool discussion going on over in the com watch.

Razor does not appear to need any defense tho i will put this out there anyways cause some of you obviously dont know what a bronze star is. Bronze star means getting 50 kills after death with your pred, now its 50 kills and living but it used to be just 50 kills. Now regardless of which way those medals were obtained the main point holds true. You become a pred by dieing, therefore you do Not get NM wins when you are a pred. Im not sure how this got mixed up. he only has 19 wins when he should have 20. I believe I saw that, anyways none of those nightmare wins come from any of the bronze star games. This just further shows that the witch hunt is in full effect. Keep many screenshots you all because at one point or another some noob will say your the next hacker.
  18. Scar

Scar New Member

I moved this from the so called wrong thread...

these are mare replies on hades accusing Razor for being hacker

Post1:
    hades ill show you a pick man

your post should be dealt with as i dealt with you in that game... nuke it with shiva man
    [attachment=908]
    this razor has been around here longer than 99% peeps that are trolling here
    he is the razor niteshade is thinking about

btw that shiva was worth the 2 karmabites you noobs gave me :p

you just meet a random guy with razor name and think this guy is that guy... coz its not

tell me if you ever play a game with 3 ghosts or something like that
    this razor is legit end of story

hell even that NA niteshade can confirm he had quarels with this guy :D (no offense)

last post about this
  19. Hades

Hades Member

#1 I never accused of being a hacker, i wanted people to check him out. There is a difference.

You have 40kXP, still need to ask what to pick as dps yet have nearly 2000 rating and supposedly have 12 nightmare wins (recorded and medalled) and out of those 12 nightmare games have 10 MoH runs...

I did not play when medals and -w were introduced but im under the impression that both were introduced at the same time. This means that your medals and -w should be matching.

Xp and -w should not because there was a time when they werent recorded.

If you need to resort to namecalling and and bring friends who namecall aswell then i guess theres no need to ask you and your friends average age either.

I'm up for a civilized discussion that answer questions, if you want to troll theres stuff like chatroullette.
  20. Scar

Scar New Member

i take my last words back... this zombie needs to be corrected
    yes im troll but read further man

well medals have been here as long as i remember = november 2010, while -w was introdeced like half a year ago so they hardly match

to no.1 you did, i backed him up with the so called kids which age is questionable,
    he asked what class he should pick... not what to pick as dps... and please read what is written or others will question your age man
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.