Community Watch Discussion and Rebuttal Thread

Discussion in 'Archive' started by YetiSwarm, Feb 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Bugs, Pugs, and Scruggs

Your lack of heed to my knowledge of names is most troubling. I've been here longer than any of you save Reaper and easily remember far more than any of you. I've watched Bacana since he first surfaced. When he first started playing during Autumn of last year, I wrote him off as a non-English speaking newbie. However, one day he magically jumped 10k xp. I know he has modified his bank. I was there the day he did it. Your entire quibble over his legitimacy is a waste of time. You are free to doubt me as you wish. I don't care.
  2. CHENZ

CHENZ New Member

To be perfectly honest, this list has long since lost it's meaning. I just come on occasionally to look at the silliness of some, but really, I have long realised that the more we argue about who is legit, the more clues we give to would-be hackers on how to evade a normal person's detections. not to mention that the list on the other page is rather out of date, at least from what i know.

I do not know what it is like on the NA server. Over on the SEA side (which I have not gone for awhile.. work calls) the vets won't invite anyone they don't trust into a priv game, while in pubs you just can't not play with these guys. If anyone remembers trying to evade Adib and then more recently Warbandit, you would know the insurmountable difficulties, leading many to go on to other things like starbattle and galaxy vampirism. best part is i don't see either name up nor reported, although it's like open knowledge by now that at least Warbandit hacked his bank.

the sooner the banning or warning or whatever system you have thought of is actually set up, the better. otherwise, we're wasting our time and effort trying to root out the problem, because it's never going to get any better.
  3. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Bugs, Pugs, and Scruggs

^ Everything he said. I use this thread for a quick giggle and move on to more important things. Until we have a proper ban system, this whole thread is, sadly, moot.
  4. YetiSwarm
    • Donator

YetiSwarm Member

If you look at the first post of this thread I have screenshots of Bacana from November to February and, at the time, I was thinking he was innocent. In light of recent evidence I am not as convinced, but there's more info there for those interested.
  5. Dante.

Dante. New Member

Im hare to reclaim the reason of why my name is in the hackers wall? cuz i came from LA (latin america) server with 10k xp? i am tired to be called hacker by other players since the beginning...
    plz take my name off the list.
  6. YetiSwarm
    • Donator

YetiSwarm Member

Looks like there is a Dante from EU with ridiculous medals posted by Reaper in the current incarnation of the forum. Also, there was a Dante from NA posted by someone named Pas in the old forum, but the forum change has swallowed up the screenshot. Google cache

Dante - if you want to be removed, you'll have to do more than just ask - show why you're not a hacker - use screenshots, old replays, game history, get old players to vouch for you, or whatever shows you're not a hacker.

Pas - since there is no current person named Pas on this forum and since you only had 3 posts in the old forum I question whether you remain active, but if you do - could you please repost the screenshot?
  7. Miracle
    • Development Team
    • CN/TW Liaison

Miracle NOTD Staff: Assistant of many things

Anyone know PrivateRyan (NA)? The medals seems very possible, but when I asked him to show his wins to everyone, he made up different excuses not to do so, like emailing bank file to a different computer resets his win counts. (Not to mention the fact that he uses sub-machine gun as an operations Commando in a nightmare game...)

I asked ArcanePariah afterwards (just to be sure) and confirmed that every win game is recorded in your bank file.

So, is he a really old player? Or is he lying?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  8. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

As far as I know, the only way to break wins, is to play offline. Osaze and myself have played solo matches offline during electrical storms. It sets every gamemode to 1000000 wins, but doesnt give any assorted bonuses (exp, medals, ect). Thankfully I had a back up bank.
  9. David

David Well-Known Member

PrivateRyan's name has come up on the old forum community watch before. A comment by Osaze dates the post back to August 2011. It was quite a while back, but my feeling is the issue was brought up due to a notable jump in experience. He stopped playing shortly after and hasn't been active for months (to my knowledge).

Just a thought: a greater than 50% win ratio would dictate higher average xp/game than what he has. Also doing the math 155 victories at 60xp/win (conservative no speed) would put him at 9300, meaning he only got 1k from 150 losses. You factor in speed wins, civs and other bonus xp and you've already exceeded 10.4k. His LoM is not at silver yet he has a higher DSM and Exped and Navy Cross. All these are slight discrepancies but shouldn't be overlooked.
  10. YetiSwarm
    • Donator

YetiSwarm Member

Well this is interesting. PrivateRyan asked me online a couple hours ago if he was on the CW list and mentioned he thought he used to be on it. At the time, there was no discussion of him in the current forum. The old forum does have the posts David refers to:
    David's math seems to be excellent - good work on that. Also, PrivateRyan's medals seem fishy to me for a reason I'd prefer not to disclose for hackers to see - I will pm interested parties. Put that together with the refusal to type -w means he's a hacker in my book unless he has some way of refuting all this.
  11. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

He's on the list because I reported him Reaper :p
  12. Reaper

Reaper Moderator/The Crimsonrine

Well now I know for certain that he is.

Speaking of which, who ever decided that someone should have the name "Titan" should get Shiva'd because they would have met a horrible fate in the game he was with me for the first time. :p
  13. Thermidor

Thermidor Well-Known Member

Titan is Archangel's EU name. And yes, me and Reaper were plotting via private chat... :)

Sorry to blow your cover Arch but it's needed before anyone else thinks you're a hacker on EU.
  14. Archangel

Archangel Well-Known Member

dont blame u. they would instantly know it was me when they saw me. im the only vet who has that few of silver star, besides jercy.

oh and i was kicked after i came back :D i laughed bc i got my goal achieved

i might switch it.....not sure tho...

***out of respect i haven't/wont watch the replay, private comments are meant to be private***
  15. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

Now I'm wondering who in NA will be next. heh
  16. Thermidor

Thermidor Well-Known Member

Watch it if you can be bothered to. Basically, it was wondering whether to TK you or not (since we didn't think the other vk-able person would vk if we did so). It started clearing up when Reaper noticed your skill and pointed out that you don't see that in a hacker. It finally was clear when I asked if you were from NA and then when you revealed you were Archangel in the channel later on.
  17. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

MIB: NA

I don't particularly remember him. I will say the Medal of Honor to the Legion of Merit is off. You don't get Legion unless you win. And granted you don't necessarily get Medal of Honor every nightmare win. But probably the vast majority of them, getting Legion of Merit typically means you have to have your shit together, and at that point you have basically bypassed all the worst obstacles of the storyline. But he has only 25 MoH wins, 41 Legion of Merit Nightmare wins. Which seems odd. Not necessarily impossible though.

But level 7 Combat Action Ribbon... that kinda stuck out too me. The people I know who are even close to 7 levels in CAR are typically over twice as much XP as him. Again, not impossible I suppose... but suspicious.

With 7 in Superior Service as well, some of the typical NA Credit Farmers should be quite familiar with him. I'm sure one of them could speak up for him or put the "Never heard of him" nail in that coffin as well.
  18. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

I grind surv at least 4 times a day and they almost always fail at wave 23 but that's beside the point Ive never seen him in channel but then again I'm in usually only on weekends so my saying isn't enough
  19. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

I also just realized... his stats don't add up. Not Medals or anything. But actual character stat points.

Note that I'm one rank lower than him. This gives me enough stat points to max out two stats. New rank means he should have 9-9-2. Then he also has 8 level 3+ medals. So his stats should be 9-9-9-1.

Just something odd I noticed.
  20. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

Hmm your right. It just took me a while longer because im not a math wizard
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.