Community Challenge: So you think you can kite...

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Blaqk, May 17, 2012.

1. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Bugs, Pugs, and Scruggs

How did you kill Erebos 2? That was probably the most time consuming thing in my replay (that and all the running around making preparations, such as placing the Thermal where I'd need it) was just dealing with him. It also didn't help that a troll baneling hit gave me cripple half way through the fight and I had to back off.
  2. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

I dealt with Ere2 the same way I deal with everything. I tackled him and then beat him to death with the butt of my shotgun.
  3. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

If I had found a Stinger that would have easily shaved 30 minutes off that game time. :\

Fine, Kithrixx, show us your amazing skills!

[hr]

As for Comms, they're bound to trigger, but if they don't just stand around for 5 minutes and feel stupid. It's the same effect.
  4. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

I was Demo tank, and because it was 1 man, I blacked out tree. Also since it wasn't NC, i could just spam medkits (felt weird lol). I didn't even have decent armor (only a c2 at that point, forgot to even grab c4).
  5. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

You kids and your demotank.
  6. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

Name any class and tree and I'll accomplish this task using said class. Unless you say modifications tech, I haven't played modtech since they broke MotM.
  7. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Humanity Bob
  8. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

I will when I'm not living in a swamp, but by then the contest will be over. Besides, I know I wouldn't win even if I was able to submit in time - I may pitch no-hitters, but they take a long while to accomplish. SMG is practically required for EC Muta if I don't want to get hit, so that's a must-have, and so is the HMG if I want to avoid taking hits from Infested Marines and to keep my distance from Queenie. I could barrel through it without hit tolerance, though, which ultimately would be faster and much more fun to watch, but again, I'd only be able to do it sometime mid-june when I actually have internet and my desktop.
  9. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

Nice try, but that's no longer a class.
  10. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Pistoleer Blackwatch Mercenary
  11. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Though it would have been piss easy. Instant kills, cheap spammable knockbacks, AoE Taunts and such.
  12. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

Cengy should be able to do this with ease, BHS negates all mobs and OD wipes the floor.
  13. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Combat Rifle, 1:24:34 was the kill

Screenshot of when victory message appeared and Replay attached.

Didn't do Comm Tower because it never became active. Did kill all infs and Menoetes and got the +3 bonus for Nydus. Cams obviously done as well. Killed 2 Lelantos (1 from nydus wave, 1 from queen)

3996 or so kills at end

Never knew solo didn't give the victory bonus xp.

Trivia: I missed speed because I got blinded like 10 bloody times by invisible blindlings from Queen eggs while she was running away...
  14. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

I enjoy my immunity to blind. :)
  15. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

I don't have kitten :(
  16. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

I'd like to note that some spawns seem erratic. I never even saw Lelathos and no Slashers or Devourers came at me during queen.
  17. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Yea slasher/devourer seems to be mass higher than usual hp agrons during queen for solo. Surprised me too.

Oh, also never found RA or Arc. Was using C4 pretty much since eggs. Ere2 was very hard actually. Lost a life or two there. My problem was that I didn't have my ocu at that stage and no sniper rifle. Had to run from scrap to MB to get it. And then when I did get them, mass stalkers and stuff made trying to focus Ere2 down pretty hard.

Unfortunately didn't have minis to help me. Flamer died before I got to MS, rest died during MB dl.

Almost died to Black Ops too because queen appeared while I was killing them. Ran out the gate into 2 more black ops AND a blindling train. That really hurt especially since I was out of energy. Barely got away with knifing black ops while blind and having them kill themselves with satchels.

Another thing that lost me a life:
    For some reason the wait between me clicking to fire nades and the nade actually firing was increased by a few miliseconds. If you watch me fight tart, I barely got any nades off because of that and took a number of hits since I click fire nade and immediately move, which rather than fire the nade + move cancels the nade and moves :(
  18. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

I killed all of my minis. They kept stealing my kills.

Ere 2 was rough for me, as well. I got him to 8000 health then a troll baneling spawn crippled me. By the time cripple wore off and I killed through the mob that had built up while I was limping off he was nearly back to 10k.

Also, that's not fair. I didn't have lives to waste so I had to be more careful. =P
  19. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

The dice gods were with me. I got a number of endurance lives ^^
  20. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

What was your rating loss? :p

How did you like leveling at the speed of light? I had Master of Subtlety and my first point in Mono by Tartarus.