Community Challenge: So you think you can kite...

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Blaqk, May 17, 2012.

1. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Bugs, Pugs, and Scruggs

Alright folks. Mob size no longer scales to players so singleplayer games are crazy intense and awesome. I just won a game with somewhere near 3000 kills in 2 hours and 16 minutes with Erebos 2 killed and all side missions (that I could trigger) completed.

I hereby challenge you to beat my time!

Time to beat: 2:16:00

The rules are as follows:

1) Absolutely no cheesing. Period. Don't be a pussy.
    2) Comm Tower and Cameras are mandatory.
    3) Erebos 2 must be killed. You can't just kite around him. I sure as hell didn't.
    4) Menoetes and Infestors are optional since the little bastards like to hide.
    5) You cannot buy anything from the shop. Not even kittens.
    6) Your name cannot rhyme with Schmithrixx.

Aside from that, pick any class/tree you want and abandon all hope of getting DSM.

Anyone who beats my time will get +2 rep and the ability to say they are faster than a Blaqk guy. :D
  2. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

I already have kittens, you were on hardened mode?
    [hr]
    And what unit were u? Congrats though i cant get past ero 2 on hard solo
  3. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

I'll try this on friday can't do it till then, and so if your saying we can't buy kittens what if you have then already?

Ps. Make it an extra 2 rep if you get dsm?
  4. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Only if you don't play as Demotank. :)

spartan my rating is 1992 right now so it was top tier difficulty. I shudder to think what Nightmare would be like with charging mobs of that size against one little ol' Marksman.

I do recommend watching my replay before you jump in. You might be surprised what kind of shit is gonna go down. I'll go ahead and warn you here of one thing. Black Ops don't scale either. You'll be facing a full-house sized team of cloaked futtbuckers coming at you. I had reapers too but the AI on the reapers was so bad it didn't matter.
  5. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

Curses you've discovered my scheme. :(
  6. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Vet or NM mode?

I'll try it when I get back home.

Are all requirements listed in the first post or are there any others I should be aware of?

What was your final time just as a mental note and what if Comm tower doesn't become active in time?
  7. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Reapers? And ill try with recon because i has no sense in my thinker! Oh and what was your rewards rating+? Karma+? Xp +? Creds +?? Just wondering
  8. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Veteran. I haven't tried Nightmare since the change, but I'm looking forward to whenever I can build up the patience to try it. =P

All requirements are listed. It basically comes down to "don't cheat."

[hr]

My rewards were horrible. Something along the lines of +30xp, +10 credits, and -2 rating. However, given that I was playing as a solo marksman with mob sizes meant for 8 players I'm shocked my rating loss wasn't double digit.
  9. Emperor

Emperor New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  10. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Dam i noticed solo has been hard as hell latley i guess thats why -_- crazy spawns. I just need more firepower >:D
    [hr]
    > : D
    [hr]
    Hey blaqk since spawns are now for 8 players did charlie company spawn 8 players worth or a whole company of 4 infantry?
  11. Foehammer
    • Donator

Foehammer Well-Known Member

Hmm i do accept this challenge as a crofl
  12. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Very nice replay. This goes into the Strategy & Guide forum on as a demonstration of one effective way to solo.
  13. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

I like the challenge, but not cams, they are simply a time sink and nothing more, doing those precludes people from even thinking about speed soloing. Ill probably do this, but no cams.

EDIT: Just attempted, unfortunate short circuit got me killed at Dome D, but was well on the way to speed. Did the spawns really not scale anymore (maybe im just so used to the overwhelming NM spawns that normal vets spawns feel... weak). Ended up doing cams anyhow, just wandering around during chapter 2. Just did my normal route, activated labs by 47 minutes. Comms was up, but was planning on doing them during queen.
  14. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

Pansy.
  15. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

So like I said about comms, what if it never activates by the time you kill queen (heck might activate midway during queen fight)
  16. Reaper

Reaper Moderator/The Crimsonrine

If I had a time machine I could have posted this yesterday as I did this yesterday.:p along with Alpha Company and with much much much much much difficulty Apollo Security Team Path A.

Easy Company
    Class: Rocketeer Pathfinder
    SR: 1850
    Time: 1h 31m 45s

The high points of this game were that I killed Menoetes, finished the Cams, killed the worms, 4 of 5 Infestors, didn't make use of Reactive Armor and the 3 Miniteers and Ogilvy were alive till Black Ops. Sgt Stallans in all his wisdom ran into a gunship barrage.:dodgy:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The rewards, not much.
    [​IMG]

I wasn't near the 3000 kills though. :blush:
    [​IMG]
  17. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

Jumper Pf is honestly one if not the only class that has the combination of speed, damage, and self sufficiency to survive where damn near every other class would wither and die.
  18. Reaper

Reaper Moderator/The Crimsonrine

I'd do this faster If I were playing Gunslinger, Technician, Demolitions, Rifleman and Engineer. Just keep in mind that with the Pathfinder when shit hits the fan your the first to wither and die as some gents would know in a earlier game today. :D But then it strays majorly off the main point of kiting. Classes I didn't mention are the kiters. My time with the Recon Surveillance and Mobility stand at 1h 52m 23s and 2h 08m 44s respectively.
  19. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

Hahahaha, I like how I'm banned from this challenge. Blaqk is just mad that I can run a no-hitter as the Shotgun Arms Assault.
  20. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

Really many classes with the lower spawns can easily do this. Rifleman/Demotank are probably some of the easiest (durable, fast, good aoe). Mobcon could probably roll the fasest, max reflexes and cloak and lolkitecloak through the entire map.