Command: -tl (removed)

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by ProbeGst, Mar 14, 2012.

1. ProbeGst

ProbeGst Well-Known Member

sorry to ask this but why is the command: -teamlocation (removed?)
    i didn't see anywhere WHY it need to be removed.
  2. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

No real reason other than Executive Meddling. I guess to encourage players to use X->Q.
  3. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Maybe because of my post in NOTD Suggestions.

In short, -tl needs no more effort to use than x+q (esp with macro) and costs no energy. It was also more reliable than x+q which has now been fixed.

Why have x+q cost energy or be on the command card if you got -tl afterall. It was a relic.
  4. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

It's still useful for new players, and it uses an inconceivably small amount of the maps overall memory, there's no real reason to remove it. The vast bulk of experienced players simply remove on to XQ anyways, so its more like training wheels. It's primarily just there for new players or the inexperienced.
  5. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

-tl is also more obvious. X>Q is relatively unknown, considering that it's hidden in a submenu. If you want to argue for balance, then X>Q needs to reveal team location regardless of fog of war or difficulty, considering that it costs energy.
  6. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

Perhaps leave the x>q as it is, but outfit recon with a more powerful version of it (full map range), as an innate that costs slightly more energy.
  7. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Generally the problem with -tl was that you'd use it even spam it while low on energy due to it being free while for X+Q you wouldn't be able to use with say short circuit and the like.

x+q has no advantage nor disadvantage to -tl outside of costing 2 energy. And as far as I know we can't make text commands cost energy.
  8. ProbeGst

i can see why: -vk 1
    player has kicked noob
    player: why i lost 200 energy?
  9. Jercy

Jercy Well-Known Member

Yeah I was kinda surprised by this change, but wasn't too much of a big deal for me. I just see a lot of new players being lost because of this.
  10. Theter

Theter New Member

Why should x+q cost energy ?
  11. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

Well it shows you where your allies are, partially negating the issues of not having shared vision.
  12. ProbeGst

because newbies don't have any map awerness like the most people who are used to shared sight.
  13. YetiSwarm
    • Donator

YetiSwarm Member

Finally the screen will have a little less clutter. Next step: remove the -c command. All it does is clear 1 person's screen at the expense of 7 other people's. I've seen where multiple people clear over and over to get rid of each others -c's from their screen.
  14. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Spacing out the text overloads (Mining Colony logs) would help...
  15. fox

fox New Member

Think of it as operating electronic devices to ping your nearby allies, which would naturally cost energy.

Whoever gets snookered by 2en needs to work on his/her energy management...
  16. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

Well unless they have sc which is such a pain.
  17. ProbeGst

or to locate u when ur hugged
  18. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

You weren't supposed to be able to tl while hugged anyhow. Exploit removed, ppl cry.
  19. fox

fox New Member

That will teach them to stick with the team.

I won't bother saving someone's ass if he/she tries to rambo while having sc.

And seriously....xq/tl isn't the best way to identify your location in dire situation like being hugged. People panic ping instead (and it doesnt cost energy)
  20. Mirage
    • Donator

Mirage ಠ_ಠ What are you looking at?

I've actually noticed sometimes -tl works when X->Q doesn't.