Clan UniT

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shooz, Feb 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

I have no clue, I haven't had my tryout yet, waiting for Jercy :/
  2. QuantumMech

QuantumMech Well-Known Member

Well there are certain tasks. First we need to summon niteshade back so you can suffer his rage when he nukes at least 2 people. Then you need to live through his ragequit. Then you need to do it again.
  3. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

I'm not a member of Clan UniT but I've been invited to substitute for absentee members for tryouts a few times.

1. Any NM game.

2. You choose the lineup and what every person will play.

3. May or may not use Ventrillo.
    (I suggest you use it to make coordination easier.
    Also, this Clan is not just about upping your game but also building bonds/a brotherhood of sorts with the members. Remember that the "Clan" is not comprised of the "system" but by its members)

4. Classes you choose for the team members must be ones they have no CP in.
    (I.E. It's a Nightmare game w/o CP on anyone)

5. You command every important task they must do. You will almost literally be micro-ing the whole team.

6. There will be 2-3 observers. Usually Jercy who is acting head and main evaluator and Shooz who members of UniT see as the paragon of fairness and justice who will be acting to prevent bias.

7. Team composition will ideally be comprised of solely members of UniT. And so these things are usually scheduled in advance (talk to Darcy)

8. Making the grade does not depend solely on winning the game. There have been times when the team wipes but the examinee passed and vice versa.

9. There is a line for the tryouts. IIRC, Froblock is up next but Darcy has yet to finalize that schedule.

I apologize if any members feel that these should've been posted by a member. Was just feeling helpful. Also, long trip is long. heh
  4. DrCaptain
    • Donator

DrCaptain Well-Known Member

Thank you, Lyanden. That actually is the best walk-through of the evaluation process that I've seen. The problem right now is coordinating the tryout schedule, since some people are gone for long periods of time and others play on irregular schedules. Then again, the lack of communication that is what Steam/Ventrillo/forum PM can help with. Froblock is definitely the next in line. He's waited for over a year or so.

On a side note, still not sure why you haven't been invited to join, Lyanden. Kept thinking you were part of the clan for the longest time.

Also, you make it seem like the Clan looks at Shooz as Tyrael. This is not quite the case. He is more like Elrond from Lord of the Rings: a rabble-rousing, face-punching, hard-drinking, foul-mouthed, bad-news-bears, badass warrior with administrator privileges.
  5. Froblock

Froblock Well-Known Member

What? Really?
    Fuck you guys! LmfAoOO!
  6. Jercy

Jercy Well-Known Member

I should have made this a long time ago, but I have been busy taking care of a lot of stuff the past few months. I apologize for not doing this earlier.

Thank you for trying to be helpful Lyanden and providing your point of view of how the tryouts are conducted. I appreciate it a lot.

Lyanden’s outline is not 100% correct, so I’m going to use it as a template and make some changes to it (I hope you don’t mind Lyanden).

The Process to becoming a Member of Clan Unit

Eligibility for getting a Tryout
    1. You must first inform me either by PMing me on the forums or in game that you wish to join us.

2. You must play an unknown number of games with the clan, in order for us to get a sense of your play style and see if you are someone we can rely on as well as allow you to see how we do things.

3. When I feel that you have played enough games with us, I will contact you and see when you wish to have your tryout.

The Tryout Process
    1. You must lead an Easy Company Vet or NM game. No medals will be required. If you try to push your limits and go for a ton of medals, then I will take control and tell you exactly the type of game you will be leading. This is so that we don’t just take over and stop listening to you in order to win the challenge that you have set forth which won’t really display your ability to lead at all.

2. You choose the lineup and what every person will play.

3. May or may not use Ventrilo. Note that it is unlikely that everyone in your tryout will be in Ventrilo, so those who aren’t will require directions to be typed.
    (Also, this Clan is not just about upping your game but also building bonds/a brotherhood of sorts with the members. Remember that the "Clan" is not comprised of the "system" but by its members). Lyanden said this very well.

4. You command every important task they must do. You will almost literally be micro-ing the whole team. You have complete control over what we do in the game.

5. Everyone in the Clan will evaluate you on your performance. Usually Jercy who is acting head and main evaluator and Shooz who members of UniT see as the paragon of fairness and justice who will be acting to prevent bias.

6. Team composition will ideally be comprised of solely members of UniT. And so these things are usually scheduled in advance (talk to Jercy).

8. Making the grade does not depend solely on winning the game. There have been times when the team wipes but the examinee passed and vice versa.

9. At the conclusion of the tryout you will be pulled into a conversation with everyone else that was in the game. There we will tell you what you did right and what you did wrong. After everyone has evaluated you, we will then vote whether you should be in the clan or not.

This is pretty much the process of how one gets into Clan Unit. Recruiting has been down as of late because very few clan members have been on to play games with people that are looking to join as well as the people looking to join aren’t playing as much either, so please be patient.
  7. Shooz
    • Donator

Shooz NOTD Staff: Killjoy

Nicely put Lyanden and Jercy. So I'm a paragon huh?
  8. Pyromaniac

Pyromaniac Well-Known Member

Shooz is a pentagon, and a polygon, and a porygon too
  9. Shooz
    • Donator

I am an amoeba
  10. DrCaptain
    • Donator

And I am Bacillus anthrax--an endospore-forming, rod-shaped bacterium known for causing cutaneous, pulmonary, and gastrointestinal symptoms when entering the human body.
  11. Emperor

Emperor New Member

I'm Steve.
  12. Archangel

Archangel Well-Known Member

IT AN ALIAS!
  13. Shooz
    • Donator

Buuuuuuuump~
  14. Klobber

Klobber Well-Known Member

Can I haz back on the list Jercy?
  15. Jercy

Jercy Well-Known Member

You were never off it.
  16. DrCaptain
    • Donator

Party Train ready for departure! CHOOOOOOOOO CHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
  17. Shooz
    • Donator

SHOOOO SHOOOOOZ
  18. Emperor

Emperor New Member

Sockz.
  19. Shooz
    • Donator

HOW DARE YOU!
  20. Archangel