Clan UniT

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shooz, Feb 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooz
    • Donator

Shooz NOTD Staff: Killjoy

She is implying that skill alone does not guarantee passage.
  2. Grevious

Grevious Member

I know. My understanding is a willingness to learn is the bigger part. could be wrong.....that's just my perception
  3. So willingness to learn - check
    Ability to lead - well I have led newbies in pubs but leading unit in nm can be a challenge
    Ability to micro the whole team- that's the problem I have a terrible Mic and a broken English so I use typed chat , see the problem?
    Btw since I am starter edition I won't be able to have tag in game is that a problem?
  4. Shooz
    • Donator

Not a problem.
  5. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Bugs, Pugs, and Scruggs

I am an impatient asshole, but I'm not unreasonable. A lack of skill isn't the least bit frustrating to me (the most fun pubs I play with Megu are the ones where we get to teach a whole new team how to play), but when people aren't listening or don't appear to be, I tend to start shrieking like a coked-up banshee (or a Kithrixx) into my microphone. UniT isn't a clan of elitist, we're a clan that makes people elite. If you show promise and a willingness to learn, that's much more important than being good at the game.

You'll meet Shooz eventually (whether you like it or not >:l) so it's all good. It's not so much a requirement as something that would be nice to have happened.

Anyhue, we should get this ball rolling.
  6. Grevious

Grevious Member

Yes....yes we should. Currently as far a time I'll only be online in the evenings cause of classes and homework and such. So my run may end up having to wait till Friday. Then it's all weekend unless something in the outside world happens to prevent me from being on
  7. Shooz
    • Donator

I look forward to meeting all of the new applicants. Thank you all for your interest. Also, it is just as Blaqk says. We are not a clan of elitists. We are a clan that will make you elite though.

I used to say how one day we would all be UniT... When we came together, one of our goals was to help those who wanted to learn and needed a place to fit in. One day I still believe that we can accomplish our goal of helping all those who want to learn until the point where UniT is no longer needed because we're all the same badasses going out there crushing games, and making this community a better place.

Raise your heads and be glad that you're taking the next step to further yourselves as gamers and the community by participating in something we can do and enjoy together.
  8. Clown
    • Donator

Clown Well-Known Member

You need to meet us all first. ;)
  9. Nascha

Nascha New Member

Well I know most UniT players, Has they know me as Talkingowl. With that note I'm ok with meeting all players of UniT.
  10. Tarantula

Tarantula New Member

If there's room for another person to try out, I wouldn't mind taking a shot at it if that's alright. Is there anything you need from me?
  11. Miracle
    • Development Team
    • CN/TW Liaison

Miracle NOTD Staff: Assistant of many things

It's not mandatory, but it makes life easier trying to find you if your name doesn't show up often on the NOTD channel.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Rainbow Sticker Rainbow Sticker x 1
  12. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

What if you don't have a worst class? :X

Actually, I'd say my worst class is combat roflman. I try to play it as aggressively as a commando or an arms assault which is apparently a no no.
  13. Shooz
    • Donator

I can play anything. "Worst class?" What weak shit do you speak of son?
  14. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

I can, too, but we do all have best classes. It disgusts me to see so many people who only ever play one or two classes. Had a 7k player in a pub a while back who didn't know anything about medic because he literally only played Assault.
  15. DrCaptain
    • Donator

DrCaptain Well-Known Member

There is NO "worst" class. Only classes that you "need to improve" at playing.
    Get that weak shit out of here!
    [​IMG]
  16. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

The dude's face is perfect.
  17. Grevious

Grevious Member

the great shooz doesn't have a worst class? O.O BLASPHEMY I SAY! hahaa xD

as far as that goes....I cant really say. The only one I really play is FO....unless of course its in surv in which case no one likes it >.> then its something random (by random I mean a toss up between PO and Engy)

I recently discovered med was simple shit....if you can keep up with the emo`s cutting (we all get the reference right? haha)...other than that it is simply shield tank and pay attention to health on the right side of screen....unless youre @ lvl 9....then spam resto and youre good. Mando is addictively fun.....but I die way too fast >.> engi is....eh....but in about 200 xp that's where im gonna be putting some cp along with med....since Alpha groups always seem to have people that are reluctant to do both.

it surprised me how stupidly simple demo tanking was....Cbar + constant taunt and shield = almost certain win (add TTD at lvl 9 and its closer to garunteed)

overall, I can play a handful of classes...probably not as good as I should be able to.....but I could do it
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  18. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

Well there is something to be said for, as a new player, playing one class while you figure out how the game works and then focusing on adding one new class at a time to your repertoire. I'd rather have a newbie who can play 2-3 classes effectively than one who can play 6 classes ineffectively. I personally played only rifleman for my first 1k xp, then another thousand xp each with med, assault, recon, mm, and demo before settling into mostly assault until I got to 10k.
  19. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

There's a difference between specializing in one class, and not knowing that av is an innate medic skill by the time you're 7k. Sure you can have a preferred class you're best at, but only playing one class suggests that you don't help the team win by filling in a needed spot.
  20. Shooz
    • Donator

I may hate engineer but, I was the tower defense master back in the day with Sagev.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.