Chronus lasers -,-

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Lulz, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Lulz

Lulz Well-Known Member

sooo doing a random channel alpha during the middle of the day and I am the sub mm. This is the second one of the day and i died in the first one with some troll pathing fails so im already irked. We get to chronus and i have 0 hits for 0 damage. Screen shot proof
    [attachment=1246]

first laser pops out of chronus.. all lasers avoided.. second laser pops out on chronus right on me and i instantly die (rating to high for lives -.-).. My question is this i am an mm base 150 hp +1 st +1 end for a total of 163 hp. How do i die with only 126 damage taken?
    [attachment=1247]

What am i not getting about damage taken, cuase this is the 2nd time this week i have died to chronus lasers with more hitpoints available than damage taken.
  2. Pyromaniac

Pyromaniac Well-Known Member

game doesn't calculate killing blows very well... hence the 0 hits and dead situation
  3. Lulz

Lulz Well-Known Member

thats a much simpler explanation than i was expecting -,-
  4. MSluiter

MSluiter Member

I still want to know how i 1 hit TKed you with shotty the other day when you were flamer with full hp.
    [hr]
    And why the hell are survival cronus lasers invisible sometimes but still hit you! :mad:
  5. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
  6. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

I noticed Cronus lasers are sometimes invisible when you're on different terrain elevation. Also, not sure if lowest graphic settings has an impact on it. Any other observations?

For hits and damage, game should still record killing damage and hit. Is this still a consistent problem you're seeing?
  7. Lulz

Lulz Well-Known Member

i have seen in on cronus on a few occasiotions but thats all... never had that happen in any other place
    [hr]
    i tried to go back in replays and grab that for the epic moments thread.

survival mode comple +40 xp

you have been slaughtered my MSluiter

but i played to many troll custom games and my replays got deleted >.>
  8. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

Cronus lasers can always be seen if you have any way to see cronus yourself, such as a flare or shared vision. There have been a few times where I can see lasers even if cronus is not visible, but usually I can't. On an unrelated and off-topic (shooz, put that down, we can talk about this) note, survival mode and apop are both so incredibly dark (on low settings) that I have to crank up the gamma or suffer in blindness.
  9. Pyromaniac

To be safe, I would like to say that for those who do not know, on low, chronos does not have warning smoke. Other than that, I cannot think of anything that graphics affects differently for the lasers
  10. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

I too have noticed that the lasers are sometimes invisible if Cronus himself is not. There are times however when the lasers are visible regardless of whether Cronus is in your sights or not. I'm assuming this has something to do with the map's script for the regenerating fog.

As for the killing blows not getting recorded properly, it happens fairly often. Usually when you get those 1 shot kill attacks that bypass lives (a ton of damage doing overkill on players).

And yes, the warning smokes do not appear on low (I play almost exclusively on low).
  11. Lulz

Lulz Well-Known Member

wait what... there warning smoke?... i really should get out of low sometimes...
  12. Pyromaniac

there is smoke where the lasers will start on medium shaders and up iirc
  13. Lulz

Lulz Well-Known Member

i just died to perses as a pf getting super tentacled.. died with only 69 damage taken all game for my 93 hp body.. i guess it happens alot more often if you actually look for it.. Yes i realize alot of these posts involve me dieing in alpha... all i can say is its not my week >.>
  14. Pyromaniac

As i read this you join this alpha lobbyu...