Children of Chaos

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by spartanhija, Oct 10, 2012.

1. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

So, ive been wanting to create a group, devoted to destroying notd bosses. It would be different from a clan, and anyone in a clan could join. The main objective of the group would be;
    Speed kill boss's
    Speed through games
    Keeping allies alive
    Teach newer players to efficiently (speed hopefully) kill boss's

The idea would be for any class speeding through boss's and games effectivley. Its obviously going to be a dps heavy crew, with room for etc.

The attempt to form this crew and avoid at all costs the title clan should mean any member from any clan can participate, and I hope they do.
    Does anyone have any suggestions?

Children of Chaos
  2. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

I like the idea, but really it is insanely straightforward to build a team to destroy any NotD boss.

2 Opcomm
    1 Exploder Demo
    1 Cengy
    2 OSOKEr

Early FV + bought HE + Opcomm flamer = 1st 2 bosses in EC die in seconds. Double MM T3 with maxed out opcomms with FV 2 and HE = Queen dead in <30 seconds.

For Alpha, 2 Osoker + order flamer, 2 combat engie and 2 opcomm. All bosses die in seconds, except MAYBE not perses.

Apollo is 2 Crofl, 1 Osok, 1 SMM, stack all heavy weapons on them, 1 incept PO and 1 GS chem to Penanace as many as possible.
  3. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Sweet, so your in :D ?
    The boss's arent too difficult with dps, im sure theres more we could do. Speeding through games I was hoping to split teams up doing objectives, in order to get around 45min-1h long games (game timer). Literally making a speed team, in doing so would increase chances for deaths though. Need some ballsy ppl for it :p
    [hr]
    Basically, lets build an A team that has very good leaders and followers, to accomplish missions as fast as possible. Thats generally the idea for all games but, most of the time I see ppl lollygaggin and not knowing what to do. So instead of just waiting for them, we teach them. We split into groups of 2-4 and stay with them most of the time, soing seperate objectives, training as we go along, until we have refined for fastest possible play.
    Idk
    [hr]
    Also, one of the main things id like to do, is take small teams of 2-4 joining pubs and coaching new guys and gals through the game. Offering advice, strategies and companionship through notd. I think building a team of ppl to do this rather than throwing up a general saying "help new ppl" would be much more effective. Actually if I can get a team together I think Ill come up with some kind of strategy or guidlines to help noobs. Most of the time I notice things like "go here" "wait here" "do this" happen, withoyt much explanation. New guys ask, "what are we doing" vets say "gens" new guy thinks, dafaq?
    Basically a general way to effectivley train new guys, similiar to the way ppl train new ppl in surv, only ppl in surv have a much better understanding of how to play than someone with 0xp
  4. Archangel

Archangel Well-Known Member

what hes saying is that we've done it and it works :D
  5. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

Pretty much. Me and Niteshade more or less got erebos hP buffed, because we regulary either A) Melted him so fast no one had time to react or B) OHK with a single nuke. We would literally tell people during the erebos cutscene to go to EC Muta, ere won't last long.

Pyro perfect MM usage with GS chem, wasting Hades (both forms) in moments, battle usually lasted <1 minute.

As for how fast you can speed a game? Fastest realistic is around 1 hour ish. To go any faster requires Being MASSIVELY underleveled and buying all the equipment you need at start in order to skip 10 minutes of scouting.

The route would basically be: Mining Camp -> Mil Base -> Boss -> Airlock mob -> Eggs/Ship (do them at same time) -> Erebos 1 -> City -> Lab -> Erebos 2 (you will fight him either enroute or at lab) -> Domes -> Blackops -> Queen. Most likely team will wipe at Tart/Elly due to be under leveled.
  6. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Perfect, lets organize a team, if were underleveled i guess well have to rely on skills
  7. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

Personally, I am against the idea of teaching new players to speed through the game with the restriction of using only certain classes.

The reason being is simple, which is that it doesn't teach new players how to effectively play NOTD. Generally speaking, new players should be taught how to play the game properly and when you factor in speed and class restriction you limit their growth not only as a player but your teaching them bad habits in the long run.

Notd is a game with a steep learning curve and by making them learn a method that rushes thing it leaves them more prone to screwing things up and not properly playing NOTD. Also, you end up risking many medals being taken away due to certain limitation being taken away.

This is why an idea was brought up a while back to have EC company end after Erebos because its alot for a new player of NOTD to take in for just the first few games they played.

In addition, what arcane and arch said is right in terms of stomping any NOTD boss. However, you must realize that the ones who ended up mastering this are veterans of NOTD who have been around NOTD a very long time. I personally and I don't think they as well would teach these methods to any new players of NOTD because we would probably only attempt to do these types of run where we have players that are more experienced and knowledgeable in NOTD.
  8. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Well the speeding through was for the A team that hasnt been created yet, and the helping new players was for a different time, maybe i should have organized my thread better.
  9. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

In addition to what I wrote, this is actually why Clan Prestige was created. The reason being is because there's a very huge gap currently between the "current generation of players" and old generation of players and we are in the middle of trying to see if we can alleviate that problem.

Today's generation of NOTD players are very lacking in knowledge of NOTD because of the many bugs that have arisen in NOTD, which has caused them to see NOTD in a way that it is not intended for. Huggers no longer hug, there is still an ammo bug, certain classes are broken with their skills specifically being the engineer, ect.

With that being said many of us have actually agreed that today's 10K Xp players are actually yesterday's 2k player. As "elitist" as this sound I have to actually agree with it because I see many 10k and 20k players play certain modes and story lines very sloppy. This is actually as I believe one of the reasons why many long standing veterans of NOTD have left the game because they don't feel it offers the challenges like it once greatly did. This can clearly be seen from how easy it is to obtain certain medals today unlike how difficult it was back in the days.
  10. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Ic. Well ammo bug is fixed btw. Hmm, idk ex, if vets stop playing its there own choice regardless of their reasoning. As for new members, how did you learn? Did someone teach you, if not it must have taken you a while to learn stuff. One thing Ive noticed is flocks of new ppl have been moving on to alpha instead of staying in ec after 1k, getting 3xs the xp. I see alot of vets in pub so if xp is the biggest worry then go to alpha or apollo. If you mean 10 and 20 k ers with a low knowledge base, well they either have to be told what and how everything is and works or look it up on wiki. I was shocked when I told some vets how much the dmg reduction was on armor vs queen. I was calculating the tanks armor ( this was a while back by the way), and there were 2 vets in there, one was 40k ish and one was 60k ish, and they had no idea how much the dmg reduction was.
    For casual players, or players who play frequently they must learn from someqhere because the game doesnt tell you how it works. Therefor another player has to tell them or they have to look it up.
    Main point being unless the playstyle of the 10 or 20 ker is wats funked wats the problem?
    [hr]
    Let me shortly rephrase, so I dont come off as a dueche bag.

In order for a player to be knowledgable at notd, he has to get info from another source than the mod itself (wiki,players etc). How many ppl really want to do that, for the amount of data that must be reviewed, instead of playing the game? I read the wiki cuz im bored as fuck at work, but for the average( and normal ) person, who really wants to do that unless they specifically idk love tanking or something and want to know exactly how the tankd armor works, and for that example, were discouraged on taking hits , severely discouraged, unless your an asstank, vs eos. (MotM as well).
  11. Froblock

Froblock Well-Known Member

AND THAT IS WHY...

Clan Prestige was created.
    Refer to the post above yours again.
  12. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Well alright then.
  13. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

MissHumpz NOTD Staff: Event Coordinator & Amazing Amazer

[​IMG]
  14. Blaze

Blaze New Member

i still don't know how this games armor reduction works XD
  15. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Ammo bug still isn't fixed, there is still a way to duplicate if one knows how to do it. This is actually knowledge that is currently hidden from the public and not many actually know of this method.

As for how NOTD was started: Short History Lesson Courtesy of AP.

"When NotD started, most people of course had no idea how things worked, and also there were relatively few players. This all predates even have SC2 channels, so getting coordinated groups going was mostly done by Friend's lists and private messages. EC NM was quite difficult and both Apollo and Alpha were as of yet, unfinished (Alpha lasted to lab, Apollo B didn't exist, and most the of apollo Bosses also did not exist. Around Febuary 2011 following the release of Starcraft 2 and with the advent of chat channels, a number of orignal NA vets formed a clan, in order to have a more tight knit group of players to have fun with, as well as be proficient at playing the game. They were the first to run actual organized EC NM games."

Let's see you joined the forums around May, 2012 so when you actually joined NOTD when many long standing Veterans of NOTD have already left or were in the process of leaving. I actually knew many of these veterans and their reasons for leaving NOTD. To be honest, I was actually in the process of leaving NOTD as well, but only stayed because I was made a Warden. This was because of my long standing within the community and my familiarity of the many original veterans of this community.

Today, there are only actually handful of players that have been around since NOTD started. Also alot of these players that are 40k or 60k players are players that don't actually play NOTD, but that they just pub all day which is why their XP is what it is. As it is written in my New Player's guide:

"7) Just because you have xp around 5k - 10k it doesn't mean your a veteran. Also don't assume high xp players are veterans/knowledgeable in the game. A true veteran in my regards is a player that has been around the game for a long period of time and has a significant amount of knowledge in the game. Its not necessarily a reflection of the amount of xp they have. There are many players in the NOTD channel with high xp, but really have no knowledge of the game."

As for your information, a lot of what is written on the Wiki is actually outdated and misinforming. So that is what I will comment on that.

Any other questions, then PM me
  16. rockz
    • Donator

rockz Well-Known Member

Weapons have armor reduction.

Queen and Brood mother do 90 damage -5 per point of armor. Thus if you have 18 armor, neither will hurt you. Slashers do 125-139, so you only need 14 armor. Seth does 58-755-6, so you need 10 armor.

What I don't know is how RA works, as I've almost always been invincible with it on as a tank.
  17. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

My memory may be a bit foggy, but here's how it goes.

First you take the monsters damage. This can be altered by things like taunts and penance. After these are taken into account, you have the armor reduction per point of armor, as stated above (Slashers btw were changed, it is 8 damage reduced per armor, they are now a threat at all times, unless you assault tank with c4 and full safeguard stacks). After this damage is calculated, Reactive armor checks to see if it is above 100, if so, do nothing. It also checks if it is above 25 but below 100, if so, the damage dealt will be set to 25.
  18. rockz
    • Donator

rockz Well-Known Member

actually it's 9. Dunno when it got changed. You only need 14 armor, which means that MCed slashers will be immune to other slashers.
  19. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

As far as I know, that was changed so that Slashers can't tank other Slashers for eternity.

This was changed because old school EC-NM MC-holics like Jercy, Kenno, and Sagev (back when the engineer was still a believer of pink is pretty, and thus powerful... which correlates with Engineer got so nerfed = color change) used this tactic to "Store" the blood red melee hydralisks of karate chops of death in a corner of the map to take their time MCing each one

and then proceed to steam (t)roll the whole campaign.

=================================================================================

As for the topic itself, give it a shot Spartahija. Would be interesting to see this new batch of high exp players find for themselves tactics to use against bosses. Learning in NotD, as mentioned here, is a process of making mistakes again and again until you find the right answer.

While Clan Prestige does indeed have the goals of helping new players get up to speed with the game, I don't think there are any members against letting people find answers by their own efforts if they want to.
  20. Shooz
    • Donator

Shooz NOTD Staff: Killjoy

I'm pretty sure that UniT has done everything the game has to offer. No joke.

That being said, if you are looking for vets of the game to attempt challenging feats of strength, you'll need to look no further than us.