Chemical Expert Skill Class - 2 Passive

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Peerawatz, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Peerawatz
    • Development Team

Peerawatz NOTD Staff: Sound Mixer and NOTD Troll Chieftain

Ok, the main CE Topic, with all it's glorious facts containing lore, info, stats and stuffs are all but bombed back to the stone age. I'll try to memorize them later...

But we need to come up with 2 passive for his Field Support tree, the main concept is full supportive skill (as in it's not there for him, but mostly for the team), and I'd like them to do something more than just simple you-know-it (increases dmg speed or those simple things).
  2. DrawingDead

DrawingDead Member

Just came to mind, how about something like "Chemical Awareness" Where each talent increases everyone's sight range by 1.

Have the tool tip read something like "Genetically altering super serum of sight"
  3. Peerawatz
    • Development Team

just plain sight range bonus seems a bit weak though, I'm thinking of passive team MS buff, something which any other classes cannot provide yet.

Impulse - Passive
    Increases allie's movement speed within radius of 2/3/4 by 8/16/24%?
    This would replace Chemical Armor

Another passive for tier 2 would be something like aircraft countermeasures

Chemical Hallucination - Passive
    10/20% chances that any allies receiving damage will produces a cloud of special chemical waste that acts as a hallucination (these hallus are not killable, but will disappear after 3-4 seconds), this substance also attracts the same AI targeting signature as human, so AI enemies like HAL Laser or X-1 will also go after it.

Thinking more~
  4. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

One passive to maybe reduce chance of venom in nearby teammembers

The other to reduce FF% damage of CE's skills
  5. Peerawatz
    • Development Team

Venom Chance Reduction is too weak....because venom is something where you either never get (or get with lv1 stack), or you get 10+ stacks in a blink of an eye due to troll paras, unless it's immunity (which is still too weak), it would not be comparable to DPS Skills.

For the FF damage reduction may be useful for newbies, but experiences has tell me that in the hands of experts, it's either very useless (the case of Demo Satchel, where pro demo won't let them hit ff at the first place), or that they become so abusive (Stinger and L3 Grenades etc.)

Though it can be an upgrade to all dps skills (Or add additional venom stacks to enemy.

Or a passive akin to WC3 Abomination where CE body is covered in toxic clouds that gives enemy units 1/2 venom stack every 5-8 seconds
  6. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

I find Tech exhaust already stacks a lot of ailments and those lag lower end PCs. I am a tad wary of adding more ailments on enemies unless absolutely needed.

I suppose venom chance reduction might indeed be a tad weak though it would support non Techs quite well.

In terms of FF reduction, experts might not need it at all times, but there would be a bit more usefulness in terms of close combat being able to fire a chemical AoE skill which you normally would not even consider doing.

Admittedly if you combine that with ailment resistance it might become rather OP even (if you/the team are willing to take some 20hp damage for close range skill usage instead of say 80)
  7. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Operations and Web

Peer, do you need me to recover your CE thread? I assumed you had a saved copy.
  8. Peerawatz
    • Development Team

yep, I got a saved copy, I will represent the entire topic when the 2 passives are decided.
  9. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

Chemical Tracking:

With the equipment available; the Chemical Expert can track all targets afflicted with venom. Passive. (Range of tracking Increases per level. Gives sight around the target)

Lore: The Chemical Engineer can track traces of venom with his equipment, after experimenting with it.

Pressure Suit:

Upon having his shields being broken through, the Chemical Engineer releases a burst of air pushing away and damaging nearby zombies. Cool down of 60 seconds. (Leveling Increases Push Range & damage, reduces Cool down)

Lore: The Chemical Engineer works with many chemicals, if his suit is compromised, air is released to prevent any of the chemicals he is working with to damage him.
  10. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

Maybe an aura like Anticipation, but gives % chance for allies to get +X bonus damage and apply venom (or just have it have % chance to stack 1-N stacks of venom on attack)

Lorewise, chalk it up to chemicals emanating from CE irradiating some of the bullets fired near him, or the chemicals irradiating the barrels/ammo in the weapons.