Chemical Expert Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Extifer, Mar 2, 2012.

1. squish

squish Well-Known Member

Chemical expert balancing

Ok, I don't need to be losing 30 rating each time i play chem without teamkilling somebody in a pub. it's the rating loss from hits. either make him resistant to rating loss like the tanks, or make him faster. a 2.2 ms is horrendous, but the assault has that, so i'll not rail on that problem. he needs a passive or some such to increase his ms, or increased base ms, or rating loss resistance from hits. idc which personally, it's a great class and all, but it's too rating lossy... i mean seriously.. whenever i random chem i lose more rating than Mossy did his karma in a pub of hackers. that's just ALOT of rating to lose. :p and make his suit specifically immune to venom, he's a chem expert swinging his dick around spraying venom on everything, his suit should be armored or geared against venom.
    Also, kittens still do not follow chem
  2. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

RE: Chemical expert balancing

chem is currently not invulnerable to venom and thats a bug and so are the kittens
  3. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

Kittens not following was reported.

As for your rating loss, Consider that classes are balanced to their respective story lines. Forward Observer, Flamethrower ravage Easy Company yet are balanced in Alpha. Chemical Experts its supposed to be for Apollo.

It would help people if you could give your post a bit more white-space (or grey / black space since the post background is grayish black), and space it out into more paragraphs / line sets.

You so far have only ranted, not suggested changes to him that would make him more "balanced".

Up his move speed to 2.38 (His suit is based off of the Demolitions suit, but is slightly reformatted, with less Explosive Protection, and more Chemical Protection).

Make him 4x as resistant to rating loss (Hazmat Suit), he is not a tank yet is the weight group of them.

Drop his health down to around 180. Up his shields to 45. He isn't a tank, his health shouldn't be absurdly high.
  4. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

^ good reasoning
  5. squish

squish Well-Known Member

I see. Yeah it was a rant given I lost 30 rating that game. I wasn't exactly thinking clearly at that moment. Also should have something along the lines of a blaze of glory innate... instead giving off chemical radiation or some such, and stacking venom and a new ailment: Chemical burns; target loses armor, and takes even more damage from normal attacks (projectile based)? Cuz, I know from experience that when you've got chemically charred skin, it's very brittle and very susceptible to puncture wounds/lacerations etc.. experiments on dead frogs and such in AP Bio.. LOL
  6. Peerawatz
    • Development Team

Peerawatz NOTD Staff: Sound Mixer and NOTD Troll Chieftain

Ability is confusing him inbetween FO and Demo. he's wearing a special chemical suit, but it doesn't suppose to be so weighty lol, and his energy regeneration is still too low.
  7. Arturia

Never been in a haz-mat suit before in my life, but I'm pretty sure it should be lighter than a suit with the intention of protecting against Explosions, while the Haz-mat suit is to create a barrier between the wearer and chemicals around him.
  8. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

[​IMG]
    Bomb disposal suit

[​IMG]
    HazMat suit level a

All together a bomb suit is 35~ lbs. A hazmat suit is 8, 14 with oxygen tank.
  9. SkullCapp

SkullCapp Well-Known Member

The only problem I have with CE is VRL. I can't even tell if it is working or hitting enemies or not. I've read it's description and I was expecting to see nice glowing sick looking green laser beam, not invisible beam of death. Or that's what vrl suppose to look like? Least, I can tell if I'm hitting enemies with Scorched Earth, heh heh.
  10. Peerawatz
    • Development Team

Peerawatz NOTD Staff: Sound Mixer and NOTD Troll Chieftain

All the visuals doesn't seem to look correctly

Contaminate isn't as green as it is supposed to be (like my map)

VRL lacks visuals.

Shrinker lacks an actual beam.

Desolate seems to have weird directions.

Penance still has the Peed Peed Sound used by many many skills (I hate that:D)
  11. Arcelia

Arcelia New Member

I want a "Grower Gun" T3 talent that turns an allied target (or just self)
    into a Super-Bob style giant that stomps everything non-bossy to tiny bits! :D

I really miss Super Bob :angel:
  12. zander

zander Member

t3 right tree killed me today omg Comeon-NA as chem expert need to look b4 they fire
  13. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Eh, not like other trees don't massively TK or otherwise fuck over the team. Just got to give it time, let people get used to playing the Chem Expert so they absorb the lessons. Some things I've been screwed by include:

T-1 "Contaminate Ground" ability. Chemical Experts (More than one in my experience) failed to realize that it's area of effect doesn't care about variance in elevation, and will reach up over and wall and TK anything in it's zone on top of said wall.

People firing those Chemical Missiles at targets who charge at the tank...

And some which were even odder that I haven't been able to fathom myself. (Chemical Expert inflicted a lot of DoT and Venom on the team by some effect that wasn't the Contaminated Ground thinger, or at the very least, the visual effect of it didn't pop up).

I figure in a week or two most people who will want to play Chem, well have enough experience playing the Chem that incidents like that will mostly disappear other than a few freshly minted 3.5kers. Just got to hold out and wait.
  14. Ghostel

Ghostel New Member

May be it was his ability to enhance your energy regen via stacking on you special type of poison up to 5 times.

Idk it's kinda easy to play as Chem Expert - you just have to read goddamn description of skills and here we go. Technically all skills of Chem Expert for all + have - and that already in theory stage means use your skills wisely and carefully.

Actually i dare say chem expert can be one of the hardest heroes to use effectively w/o TKing everyone around.
  15. zander

zander Member

RE: Chemical Expert Discussio

My bad ment left tree I was tanking the domes as tech and I get hit by missiles and also when I'm tanking ere he decides to contaminate me with ere why me
  16. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Nah. Because he did it to the whole team at once. Alpha Company storyline, just after Armory was triggered so it was probably just a glitch relating to either the ground contamination not showing up visually or something. And it was a poison the enemies tree Chemical Expert.
  17. zander

zander Member

Lol it was during ec idk if there's a glitch all I noe is tht me n a someother dies while I'm tanking it was definitly missiles lol
  18. poor_newb

poor_newb Member

left tree is ok, but every skill feels the same
    right tree is incredibly boring to play
  19. Ghostel

Ghostel New Member

Right tree is boring? Shrinker is BORING?! Kill him >.> with FIRE .
  20. Arturia

Corrected for you.