Chemical Expert Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Extifer, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

So today I decided to try out the chem class in survival and I guess I'll give my take on this class. First and foremost I played only the left tree being desolator in all 3 of my survival games and well I got to say that this class is a bit op and does quite a bit of FF.

In 2 out of my 3 games, I ended up tking accidentally because team mates unfortunately ran into gas or ran into the tier 3 skill Aoe effect. My take on the gas skill is that its a more powerful version of the Medic's t3 Nano Sear considering it does 40 dmg per second and adds venom stack. So I guess that needs a little balancing there. The t3 skill I think is a little op because I believe that I was able to one shot Ivax using that skill from what my team mates were able to tell me and see, although I didnt see it myself. Essentially the tier 3 skill is like a mini shiva considering the AOE dmg it does on top of the inital blast.

So all in all, I really do enjoy playing the class but it does need a bit of balancing. I personally think that there should be something done about the FF elements because of all the possible accidental/purposly tking elements with it. If its possible a suggestion could be adding a new item being the gas mask available in game and the credit store for a low price so that players can avoid being accidentally killed from the gas.

I also added a replay to this post, so enjoy.
  2. Lulz

Lulz Well-Known Member

RE: My Two cents on Chem class currently

Left tree all tk. right tree uber support/semi tank
  3. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

Note that currently both trees have been butchered from what was on Peeras' map...
  4. ProbeGst

ProbeGst Well-Known Member

his deso is really team kill but you won't take damage at all.
    so you can walk in that huge aoe without taking damage. happend to me
  5. YetiSwarm
    • Donator

YetiSwarm Member

To me it seemed that tier 1 aoe skill did damage not in line with what the tooltip says it's supposed to, and almost certainly did not do 50% damage to allies. Allies were tk-ed within ~1 second which seems more like it did 500% damage to allies. Perhaps there is a decimal error involved?
  6. EliteShadow

EliteShadow New Member

Last game I went Chem left tree and managed not to TK anyone up until Ere because I used Sickness Inbound and killed some guy who apparently was there ._.
  7. Peerawatz
    • Development Team

Peerawatz NOTD Staff: Sound Mixer and NOTD Troll Chieftain

the Deathly Ground DPS is apparently incorrect, it happens to go over 160-ish every seconds, resulting in ultimate TK machine, it's dmg is suppose to be minimal 20/40/60, the main purpose of this skill is not aoe mob ctrl as some think, its to deliver venoms for the other skills to combine dps.

Actually Melt! was suppose to be the one in the tree and not Inbound Sickness (Due to it's too much limited use from testing), Melt fires a chemical bolt into a single target, dealing 200/400 damage +25 per each venom stack, the bolt will bounce against another 2/4 targets (each dealing lower damage)

Unlike OSOK, it doesnt have op range and cannot be spammed as fast.
  8. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Is Deathly Ground same with Scorched Earth or is it another ability?
  9. Peerawatz
    • Development Team

Deathly Ground is a tier 1 skill that shoves areas in a toxic clouds, it deals 20/40/60 damage per seconds, functioning like a psi-storm, for every 2.5 seconds a venom stack is added, aoe is always 3, the damage is yes, low, but it will affect later skills alot due to it's venom stacking, so the longer the mobs got pinned down in the clouds (through stun, terrain or other means), the more venom they takes, the more vulnerable they are to other skills.

Scorched Earth is a tier 3 skill that fires 12 rockets into the target area, radius is 6, range is 20, each rocket deals initial 150 damage, resulting in 12x150 overall damage, and is buffed by +25 damage per each stacks, so the total damage if the target has 10 stacks is 12x (150+250), becoming one of the most powerful one-time damage skill), the tricky part is to get them to 10 venom.
  10. Dante.

Dante. New Member

Chemical expert First toughts

my first toughts about chem expert desolator:
    well, i dont remember the name of the skills but lets do it

tier 1
    desolation - its a very good skill to sustain a shoke point with that AOE and dps, if the poison cloud doesnt kill the target, the venom stack plus your shots will take it down, but, stil, i guess is too strong for tier 1 skill

the other skill that i dont remember the name - the skill looks like the brust fire from the pyro flamer, but, with poison, till there is all ok, BUT, like the flamer, the chem turn his body to the target before the skill over the casting time, than, if you are not in front of all your mates, or try to do a hit and run manuever, u are surely gona poison your mates

the tier 2 skills i got dead the 5 times i tried so, im not talkin about em.

but till now, i saw many ppl saying that get hibrid trees its more eficient than grab only one

and i loved that class, cuz i realy hate when that modafocas parasites poison me that i cant even run, now its time to payback! =D
  11. ProbeGst

RE: Chemical expert First toughts

ya know that a pyro counter parasites? with burst fire?
  12. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Threads Merged, New Title, Repeat Discussion.
  13. Jercy

Jercy Well-Known Member

His hit tolerance needs to be higher. He is way to slow and is going to get a ton of hits no matter what he does. It is absoultly impossible to leave a survival game with + rating as the chem unless you have 5 tanks spamming taunts around you the entire game.
  14. Peerawatz
    • Development Team

He has 20 shields, that's the problem, hes not a tanker, but he's not a FO, his shields needs to be around 40ish.
  15. Pyromaniac

Pyromaniac Well-Known Member

Shrinker, a small bug

[attachment=301]
  16. Arcelia

Arcelia New Member

RE: Shrinker, a small bug

Shrink a Brutalisk and see what happens :D
  17. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

RE: Shrinker, a small bug

Model Size =/= Actor Size

Peera can rant on about that later...
  18. ProbeGst

mini pet change to tiny pet = ???
  19. zander

zander Member

hes so slow the chemical expert.......... :(
  20. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Well all the drugs tend to wreck people's bodies.