Sub Charlie the Infestor

Discussion in 'Missions' started by Kith, Dec 19, 2014.

1. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

Chapter: 0 (Game Start)
    Mission Name: Charlie the Infestor
    Description:
    Use of the Infestor unit and its impact on gameplay.
    Details:

• The Infestor is subject to its own scaling (see Scaling Level effects per point).
    • On Recruit, the Infestor does not spawn, and therefore this mission does not become active.
    • On Normal and Nightmare, the Infestor spawns and wanders the map, creating Parasite Mounds. There can be a total of 4 Parasite Mounds active on Normal and a total of 6 active on Nightmare. The Parasite units created from the Parasite Mounds are subject to the appropriate mutate-on-creation chance determined by difficulty.
    • As a reminder, Parasite Mounds have a 5 minute timed life in Normal and untimed in Nightmare.
    • Also as a reminder, Parasites are intended to give no experience on death.

The mission is considered "complete" when the Infestor is killed, not when all Mounds are destroyed.

Rewards:
    Killing the Infestor rewards all characters with 50 experience and all players with 10 Rank Experience. Credits rewards are the default for the difficulty.
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2014
  2. Stereo
    • Development Team

Stereo Paper Boy

We have to kill Charlie? :C

Why Charlie, why? Can we abandon all past allegiances and side with Charlie?
  3. ozzy

ozzy Member

the tragic decision
  4. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

You don't HAVE to. You can let her wander around Eden, pooping parasite mounds all day.

Charlie is the only living specimen left over from Apollo, and the cause of the infestation of NOTD 2.
  5. EdowardoLMP

EdowardoLMP Well-Known Member

Aww.. he got deported to Mars? The scientists never learnt the lessons from Moon's incident (NOTD1), trolololo...
  6. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

She. And yes, you have successfully decoded the message of NOTD 2 - it is a really stupid idea to keep something enormously dangerous next to a major population center.
  7. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member

Wait wait wait wait wait.... 2 Things.... (not trying to go off topic, but it might go that way)

No. 1 - What about Tartarus? After all, he does have 2 scenarios, the first being that the team kills him at the airlock, the second that he gets captured and carted off by the dropship. Any possibility that he can appear in NOTD 2 as a mini boss?(kinda like how Hephaestus sometimes appears in AC NM). Or is he being held on earth somewhere?

No. 2 - I.V.A.X... if u read the story of Security Company, IVAX was originally being held at the lunar start port, awaiting delivery to Mars, but the security team activates it to use against the outbreak, but then HAL hijacks its A.I, and IVAX gets destroyed by Alpha Company. Now lore wise, either the UGC will build/send another IVAX unit to Mars.. or they wont, fearing another event like that would happen. (but lets face it, having another IVAX death-brawl in NOTD2 would be freak'n awesome)

Alright, that's all I wanted to say.
  8. RoboMonkey

GG, you think they would have learned after Chernobyl or Fukishima, lolz
  9. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Tartarus is dead, yo.

IVAX isn't a living thing. That's all I'm going to say on that subject.
  10. Stereo
    • Development Team

Stereo Paper Boy

IVAX is a combat AI?
  11. RoboMonkey

IVAX is, from what I understand, a combat prototype based off of the Devastator Combat Walkers. Unlike the Devastators, which are controlled by highly intelligent combat AI or via Remote Control, IVAX is controlled by a fully sentient AI. The reason why it went all berserk is cuz HAL hijack or hacked IVAX's AI's programming and told it anything alive in Apollo was a threat.

But were getting off topic, this thread about Ekvolbollishazarijajombashef's (a.k.a Charlie) Mission in NOTD2
  12. EdowardoLMP

EdowardoLMP Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure HAL is dead, and capturing Tartarus was pretty much the second option (non-canon), so Tart presumably dead as well. Charlie on the other hand is still alive in all 3 storylines (SEC kill is non-canon as well) in NOTD1, so go figure.

Unless Kith decides to put "HAL-in-pieces" back into action, I don't see how HAL should be alive after IVAX is dead in AC.
  13. DamonIsa

DamonIsa New Member

Well, it wouldn't be the first "Death" that HAL has dodged... so take that as you will. I mean the Security Team thought they "killed" HAL as well.

Or in the words of an IT Guy I cannot remember the name of right now... "Old Worm programs never die, they just lay dormant and evolve." Obvious Candidates for HAL would be the Seth Unit... which as an Optional Mission would be a Non-Canon Destruction. Nevermind whatever "lurks under Apollo" at the end of Alpha Company. We might presume its Eos but for all we know it's a whole cadre of Self-Aware HAL-9000 Kill Bots awaiting Activation with archived versions of the HAL program. Or hell, the Compliance Nexii, which we know form the end of Easy Company were NOT destroyed by Alpha Company and remained a looming presence. Or the Comms Tower which again, is there for all storylines and never gets purged or anything. Lots of options.
  14. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

It is mentioned that "HAL could be anywhere" in the NOTD story.
  15. squish

squish Well-Known Member

Devastators are not combat walkers.

They are mining walkers with mining equipment. Think dead space plasma cutter.

IVAX is the Combat Walker based on some guy in the military going "HEY wait a minute" whilst looking at the Devastators.
  16. RoboMonkey

*buzzer sound* Nope, partially wrong. NOTD Wiki says this- "Originally designed as heavy duty mining and construction vehicles, the Devastator-Class Heavy Combat Walker is a re-purposed version of this scrapped design. It is also rumored there is a top secret UGC Weapons project, a class of Walker far larger and stronger than the Devastator, guided by fully sentient AI."

Your second part is right, but the first part is wrong. The devastators are combat mechs, based off of an abandoned design of mining walker(possibly seth?)

now as i said in my last post, this thread about Ekvolbollishazarijajombashef's (a.k.a Charlie) Mission in NOTD2, so lets stick to that.