Charlie Company Tk

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Sazier, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Sazier

Sazier New Member

After the whole team had died to queen and I was the only one left a player named Downloading ,very high xp guy, killed me with one of the re-enforcement marksman.

Why can charlie comp even shoot at surviving players?

Some People are bound to be bitter at their deaths so they will sabotage the game.

Bottom line should Charlie comp be able to Tk?
  2. Pyromaniac

Pyromaniac Well-Known Member

I'd like a replay of this
  3. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

They will and always will be able too (unless some serious stuff comes up on it).

Griefers will be griefers; the best you can do -vk them, and avoid them like poison.

In my personal opinion, players shouldn't be able to use The Company Units without taking control of them; otherwise they remain immune to -karmabite.
  4. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

5. Sazier

Sazier New Member

Its at the end and just a side note Downloading typed -makemegeneral and something happened I don't know what.
    [hr]
    Just watched the replay and it looks like some noob tkd me and not downloading.-Nvm it was Dl from the look of it.

Its strange because when I karmabited it said Downloading had lost xp and karma.
  6. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

I'm never wrong.

As for Saziers problem. DL was most likely butt hurt that he died in some (foolish) way. So he just used the leavers units for a death squad. There is no "makemegeneral" command or anything of the sort. Players cant even use the tanks & mechs. But the weight of a dozen gauss rifles will shred a player's health in seconds.
  7. Sazier

Sazier New Member

Pertaining to the make me general look at the beginning of the replay.

He types it and then it says he ranked up, and five stars appear above his head.

Another example look at me testing it.
  8. TuRKeYMaN

TuRKeYMaN Member

Only happens for the first player to type it.

So if u play with Usui....you'll never have a chance...
  9. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

OK, short version, ANY player, high XP or not, can and will troll your game with something totally stupid. Your only recourse in pubs is to VK them. Most vets will at some point or another, either b/c of rage, anger, bad mood, etc, will purposefully do something to ruin the game. Nearly any and all vets are guilty of this. Me, Nite, Dry, Mossy, you name it, we've all had our troll moments or even troll behaviors we are consistent with at times. The end game rage TKing happens a decent amount of times because of perceived slights (I'm personally of guilty of TKing a recon who ran from team and didn't escape team, so he lived, team was wiped out by mobs, and he of course was cloaked and was off doing nothing)
  10. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

Wrong with that one sir :angel:

I don't know what it's for just yet aside from being a troll command that "promotes" you for a single game w/o any bonuses etc, but it does exist. Uncertain as to who can use it but I've been in enough Apollo games where someone uses it and we get a global message of sorts :p

Then again, I suppose that means it doesn't exist either does it? heh
  11. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

It shouldn't exist. Is the correct answer. It's a waste of time and effort when there's more serious matters at hand.
  12. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

True, true. Little things like that are what boost dear coders' joy in maintaining the game though so I wouldn't be TOO hard on it. They need morale boosts too :p

It's also fun to use when you meet bank mutilators before we troll em to hell and back. :p

Back to the topic though, I believe that the TK enabled charlie co (and all other TK mechanics) should stay.

There is no purpose for them really aside from emphasizing that this is a team game where shit can go bad from anything and everything around you, including your teammates.

To me, it's part of the difficulty of playing the game and also further boosts the need for the community to get well acquainted with each other. Few people troll those they actually know and consider comrades.

Those that do still troll their "friends" do so less frequently
    and when they DO, are met with laughter as simple humor or dismissed as "everyone has bad days".
    Though perhaps some would say that "friend" is too strong a word to use in our case.
    But not I. Hope you folks don't mind :p

I'd imagine that the same goes for any military organization (which at times is the feel I get from this game and its community, albeit much less informal and laid back and w/o the ranks, not that I have any experience in the military) or a Surgical Team (medical).

You bond not only because your superiors demand it, but because it further boosts the team work and consequently the efficiency of the troop. Fail to do so and lives are lost (and many many many lives have been lost in our journeys into Apollo). :D

Come to think of it, this could be why some of the vets go down on anyone being nubbish harshly. :p

That said, we've all been in various life or death situations together (in game lol) and all I can say is it is truly a pleasure ladies and gentlemen! Keep on ownin :)

-Signed, the Good Boy ^_^

P.S.
    Please don't TK me with charlie co :S
  13. J50

J50 New Member

I had the same issue. detourdirect tked me with charlie company during queen and thus prevented a karmabite. He quickly killed me through 3 lives while repeatedly saying it was an accident. Anyway here's a replay. I went by the account name JFifty. The TK should be in the last min. I assume there's nothing that can be done at this point; however, I would love to get back at detourdirect.
  14. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

The fact charlie co units can even target players is pointless as best.
  15. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

Survival. However, an easy workaround would to just make differing units: Charlie Company, which are statistically identical but lack the ability to fire upon players, and the Opposing Force marines, which have the ability to do so. Then all that would be required is an update and bam, problem solved.
  16. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Implying fighting evil marines in survival isn't equally stupid.
  17. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

I never said it wasn't stupid, Nite, just that there's an easy workaround.
  18. Emperor

Emperor New Member

Did you happen to mention you had dark skin pigmentation?
  19. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Operations and Web

Freckles?
  20. J50

J50 New Member

I was hoping that the demo-suit was entirely airtight to prevent space spread skin diseases. One of the tking bullets must have put a whole in the suit leading to space contamination. Space cancer... bad stuff. I wouldn't say the pigmentation was dark though. It was a much more of an innocent lighter shade.