Change Log Details

Discussion in 'Online Operations' started by SirGalahad, Mar 10, 2012.

1. SirGalahad

SirGalahad New Member

i have 2 suggestions for the change log.

1) please list even minor gameplay changes in the change log.

while some changes, like the hotkey change to weapons free from g to f (and subsequently back to g in the most recent update) are relatively minor, it is still a bit frustrating to suddenly encounter an unexplained change even after religiously reading the changelog. furthermore, some more significant changes, like the recent deimos update in apollo sec, were also not listed. i completely understand the change, and agree with the reasoning behind it (forcing teams to move more), but the failure to list the change was a rude awakening to a large number of players accustomed to the old apollo.

2) please separate the change log into different posts. or, if that is too unwieldy, please at least bold the most recent updates.

the changelog is currently very long, and with every update it becomes harder and harder to see what changes have been made, defeating the purpose of having a changelog in the first place. although i understand the desire to have only a short, recent changelog and a long 90-day one, the current method of updating the same post until it is very long and then (correct me if i'm wrong) arbitrarily wiping the slate clean is not very effective at communicating the many updates that are made to this excellent map. i understand that recently, at least, major changes have been listed in the development news thread. however, i strongly believe that these changes should be included in the log itself or, if necessary, at least insert hyperlinks next to the changes that require further explanation.

- Bogey Beast now can switch between AM Rounds and HE-F Rounds (see http://about:blank for details).

thanks for reading this long post.
  2. TuRKeYMaN

TuRKeYMaN Member

Those sound like great suggestion and i just wan t to add this:

I've asked for this before but I believe there was an error in communication.

3. Make the Notd Change Log appear in the View New Post.
    - This is an important tool for players and they should be notified when it is updated. Not all players will be playing Notd at the time its update because they might b on holidays or have computer issues. These players may miss these updates and will be forced to look at that horrible, poorly designed 90 day change log. Having the CL appear will alleviate this problem also WILL KEEP ALL PLAYER INFORMED OF CHANGES.

Development News/ Priorities list appear like this so y not the change log? It's not that difficult is it? All I suggest is that it be made to appear there, not some astronomical change that'll take months to finish off, cost valuable resources and cost an arm and leg to complete
  3. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

I agree gameplay changes should be listed more.

Stealth changes of the patch yesterday and today:
    - Queen Frenzy ignores RA and seems to pierce even high armor
    - Predator cloak field on level 8 either removed or no longer available for low XP players