Cant run map at all any more

Discussion in 'NOTD 2 Discussion' started by stanK, Oct 26, 2015.

1. stanK

stanK Member

For some reason today NOTD2 no longer runs for me. Pressing "play" does nothing. Did you upload anything or something?
  2. Commlink
    • Development Team
    • Modeler

Commlink Programmer/Asset Designer

I ran into the same issue worked Saturday into Sunday and broken on Sunday into Monday, problem was not contained to just NA server but was present on EU as well. The problem seems to be isolate though as Ap said he could run and start the game fine and untill this point i thought it was just me.
  3. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

This is an issue with Blizzard's servers. It's why they're undergoing maintenance on Tuesday.
    If something breaks while you're actually in the game, it's our fault.
    If something breaks in the Arcade, it's Blizzard's fault.
  4. stanK

stanK Member

Still cant make it past the "play" button. In any region. Kinda unusual for blizz.
  5. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

I've managed to get into the game, somehow. Arcane's hypothesis is thus:

The Arcade is attempting to download the updates but timing out so the player doesn't get stuck in menus. However, the files will remain silently downloading in the background until the player enters a game (specifically game, not lobby). His suggestion to me was to attempt to start a lobby and then go do something else non-SCII related for like ten minutes.

If that doesn't work for you, please let us know. I would try it myself, but I managed to magically be unaffected by the issue.
  6. squish

squish Well-Known Member

Keep in mind they moved the "Downloading" box. It's now in the lower left portion of the screen.
  7. stanK

stanK Member

Didn't work
  8. Commlink
    • Development Team
    • Modeler

confirmed, been like it for a week for me
  9. Niktos

Niktos Well-Known Member

Just a random thought, i'm nowhere near a comp with instaled sc2 but in the past various arcade/then still custom games issues i had, were resolved with a simple method.
    Delete blizz cache, it's C:\ProgramData\Blizzard Entertainment folder, purge it when no blizz applications are running.

It will do one of two things i presume:
    1.commlink and/or stank issue gets fixed
    2.kith will join commlink and stank in a state of not being able to run notd

Oh and this folder is hidden by i believe default.
  10. stanK

stanK Member

Tried to delete bnet cache a while ago Nik, didn't work.
    Details: https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/delete-the-battlenet-cache-folder

Also tried creating a new user on windows to avoid any user folder garbage.
    That didn't do much either.
  11. stanK

stanK Member

Also tried doing it with my new and shiny account, with same result.
    Its probably something installation or personal settings specific. Or kiths hate of me somehow transcended reality and infected bnet so it wont let me play. Either way its fucked up.
  12. Commlink
    • Development Team
    • Modeler

Mine also still remains unaffected by deleting the cache(i will admit it stood at downloading 0% for a bit longer), tried again just now and still the same problem. Its not just you stank i have not been able to enter a lobby from the 24/10/15. Blizzard has done maintenance on all servers from then and problem persists it is also not confined to just the NA server, but EU as well not sure about others. To be-honest it is kinda getting to the point of being might as well give up, and Blizzard question why people are leaving.
  13. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

14. Commlink
    • Development Team
    • Modeler

Well i contacted bliz and they said its my isp? ok... so i can connect to everything including battle net any webpage any game expect the lobby on arcade on battle.net makes prefect sense to me. This is also after the fix, just so you know =).

There is a funny side 100mb fibre optic was to good to produce results when ping pathing or trace route lol.
  15. stanK

stanK Member

No changes for me, still broken. Guess I'll wait for void
  16. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Any difference at all, or is it still just the instant-fail Lobby?
  17. stanK

stanK Member

None whatsoever -- I click button, it disappears after a second.
  18. Commlink
    • Development Team
    • Modeler

same as above no difference same old same old
  19. Stereo
    • Development Team

Stereo Paper Boy

Still unable to run the map, the steps within this thread have not resolved the issue.

Tried on NA and EU. I do not get any notification, after some time joining a lobby, the "Play Game" button lights up again.
  20. Commlink
    • Development Team
    • Modeler

had it for over a month i just gave up.