can NOTD auto load next mission??

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by keithktam, Apr 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brizingr5

brizingr5 Member

Well, now that the thread has been successfully completely derailed, might as well ask for a lock, because this isn't gonna get anywhere due to all of the pretexts going on back and forth.
  2. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

Courtesy to you and your comments just like the other thread. Your insistent of thinking you are always right and everyone else is wrong is what lands you in hot water. It's like you've only been playing NOTD for a month or two and some how you are now Professor of NOTD where everyone else here are kindergarten students.

Learn to take in what other people have to say before coming to your own conclusions. Knowledge is what makes people humble and arrogance is what people ignorant.

[​IMG]

Attitude such as yours is poor and thinking in such a manner of arrogance is what will stunt your growth as a player. Even worse, it makes you look worse each day in this community and causes you to not be taken seriously.

Also stating that you have done "scientific" research or have a well developed thought and reasoning method does not mean shit. Anyone with a developed mind set and ability to reason well with others would never have to state that they have that because it would show in their words and action. Only children or prepubescent teenagers would have to state such things because they want to be taken seriously by others since they have no other option.
  3. brizingr5

brizingr5 Member

Hate to break it to you, but the learning curve on this game isn't that steep, considering how many people have their first AC game be a nm one, and about 3-4 games later they end up leading their own nm games and such for other people. If you have a basic understanding of Starcraft itself, this game isn't all that hard to understand.

If you ever were in a game with me/near me, you'd know better than to say this. You don't even know how much I beg for knowledge/teaching. Before it was about AC, then about classes. Recently I learned the route for sec, and now I ask about the details of sec.

Continueing what I was just saying, these are the exact pretexts I'm talking about, and I'm not the only one who suffers from them. Players like Safrag, Speedy, and several others (I don't know if they're on forums or not) who are relatively new to the game have been treated in the same way. At times, they disregard advice, including my own, so I know both sides of the argument, but over-all I noticed that they didn't start that way. They were forced into being like that. People didn't calmly teach them, give them direction, or help them on what to do. They just yelled at them, which is going to give them a bad vision of the vets.

Just as what you are doing right now. You are calling me arrogant, when in fact, I ask for knowledge left and right. When I think I already know about something, then I ask for reasoning instead of blindly accepting information. You mistake arrogance with simply wanting to have a better understanding with something. On top of that, you go from simply calling a person arrogant and ignorant to name calling and a simple condescending attitude, that is not called for at all.

If you can't back yourself with facts, then your words are meaningless. If people believe you just on your word without any backing, then they are being conned.

Not only that, but if you believe that just saying "no you're wrong" is a valid argument, then you are not only hurting yourself by looking like a fool, you are hurting the other person by not giving them a chance to understand both sides of the argument and coming to their own conclusion, or at the very least understanding where both sides are coming from.

I would LOVE to know the ways you guys find out if a person is legit or not, and possibly throw in my own input here and there. But when I say a single word, I immediately get bashed, like I have both in this thread, the other thread, and in game. And when I do say something useful/helpful, you completely ignore its existence and focus on what's wrong, giving you a horribly skewed perception of what's going on.

List of threads that I had ideas in/agreed with ideas and backed down in agreement that they weren't needed because vets convinced me the game didn't need it:
    http://www.notdstarcraft.com/forum/show ... p?tid=1483
    http://www.notdstarcraft.com/forum/show ... p?tid=1444
    http://www.notdstarcraft.com/forum/show ... p?tid=1443
    http://www.notdstarcraft.com/forum/show ... p?tid=1445
    http://www.notdstarcraft.com/forum/show ... p?tid=1497

Even in this very thread I backed off about whether or not I was right about something:
    So I don't know where you're getting this idea that I'm arrogant and always think I'm right, asides from one sec game in which you attempted to teach 6 new people, I messed up, and you proceeded to act exactly as I described above, followed by childishly ignoring me, not trying to actually teach.
  4. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

If you are as great as you are then I implore you and everyone else as well to prove yourself by registering for this tournament below and winning.

http://www.notdstarcraft.com/forum/show ... p?tid=1505

Also, I am not going to comment on that sec NM game where you were in the game with I. Kithrixx was in that game and many others were as well and knew what happened. Lastly I rather ignore people who are arrogant and can't own up to their faults and mistakes rather than get into a heated argument with a wall.

Anyways, that's all I'm going to say. If you are as good as you say you are then prove it by winning one of the tournament challenges.
  5. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

Since this has gone completely off topic, locking thread. Placing a restart feature under "If I have time and get sudden inspiration on how to do it".
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.