can NOTD auto load next mission??

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by keithktam, Apr 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keithktam

keithktam New Member

hi new here, very nice mod!!! a lot of material to read!
    got a question. I heard that the Galaxy Editor still has one weakness like the old staredit in starcraft 1 era, is it true that you can't move one from one mission to the next like in a campaign?? and if yes, has NOTD overcome the problem?? cause i know you can input custom code to the mod.

thanks for the help!!
    keithktam:)
  2. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

What do you mean auto-load next mission?

NOTD is a single Map with 4 choosable game-play paths that unlock as your EXP reaches certain levels.

There is no "next mission". Its all confined to a single map.
  3. Scorpione

Scorpione Well-Known Member

He means directly go from ec to ac etc etc.
  4. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

In theory, yes, but requires a large amount of work.

And yes, you can not do map transitions for maps on battle.net. It is possible to do them for singleplayer campaigns, a mapmaker would have to give you the map files directly and you place them in the Maps folder in your SC2 folder.
  5. Mirage
    • Donator

Mirage ಠ_ಠ What are you looking at?

Get on it! :p
  6. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

That would be one hell of an endurance test. 1:20 x 3 = 4 hours give or take a 20 minutes. And that's without survival.

How about an option to vote on just wiping the map and triggers clean and bringing the team back to the storyline choice option at the map's start?
    This way if a team was up for a remake (like if someone died early) you could do it in game?
    Could also be triggered at the end if a team intends to grind out a single storyline/survival.

Also allows for storyline switching/transferring.
  7. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

And suddenly Match History is no longer a valid tool for analysis of certain things.
  8. brizingr5

brizingr5 Member

Match History doesn't reflect very many wins anyway because if you leave before the game automatically ends, it says you lost.
  9. Yuey
    • Warden

Yuey Warden

It really isn't Win/Lost that matters, its the number of games that we can see in your match history that's fairly important.

Like if someone pop-ed up in NA with a bank that has 600 NOTD games played but if you take a look at his match history, you only see NOTD games very recently and none at all before? Definitely worth a closer look. Sometimes, you bump into the odd server hopper using this method but those are fairly easy to screen out later.
  10. brizingr5

brizingr5 Member

Either that or they played in the past and have come back after that time. Regardless, Match History isn't anything really anything accurate to base an assumption off of.
  11. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

If you haven't played for a while as in months, the match history will still show it as long as its within the range of 6 pages. Match history is definitely worth looking into as a preventive measure/insurance policy.

If you don't think games shows up from a few months ago, I'll put a screen shot. Regardless even if a player comes back from the past from a long time ago there are many community members (especially in NA) that can identify them.
  12. Scorpione

Match history loads your recent games, not only games from X time to x time. So if person hasnt played in "months" you can see it.
    However if the case of a player that didnt stop playing sc2 but stopped notd then came then ud be oblivious.
    Match history shouldn't even be there for custom + arcade games.
    If the opportunity to remake directly from game would save alot of time tbh. That is 1 feature I definitely would love ;o.
  13. EdowardoLMP

EdowardoLMP Well-Known Member

Hell I would like to try this one, including Survival altogether. (Make that 5.30 hrs+ ) The NOTD Trilogy is bound to be fun.

Story sequence would be from SEC > AC > EC > SURV, thought it could be a bad idea to start with SEC.
  14. Yuey
    • Warden

Yuey Warden

Well, you can always just see the right side of the matches played screen, where they conviniently placed a timing of when that particular game was played. And no, it is accurate enough to base assumptions off from. I don't quite know how you came to the conclusion it isn't to be honest.
  15. Scorpione

120 hr = 1hr real life :p
    so 4hrs actually for all modes ;o
    Also you could see by amount of time spnt from match history etc you could guess how many games played.
  16. DLINK

DLINK Well-Known Member

I'd love the idea of a restart vote. Notd takes long enough just to load for me, so shortening the time in between playing is a huge plus. Although im scared that my computer will just crash due to running out of ram for loading multiple storylines which is already happening. It should also be 3/4 to all in favor to restart map.

As for the game history, I would personally have made it private if I could. Im already doing that with ai games now. It's basically big brother is watching you, something that I absolutely detest.
  17. brizingr5

brizingr5 Member

Nowhere on this screen do I see a reasonable way to judge the amount of time played in game. The time it says you entered the game, or "match date," on the right is inaccurate, and doesn't tell you much.
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

On this screen, accessed by double clicking on a game from the previous screen, you can clearly see the entire amount of time the player spent in game for that specific match. If you're taking that amount of effort to see the stats for each match, then if the person played multiple rounds in one game, they would just show to be in a match for forever and a day (2.5 - 5 hours?).
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]
    Shout-Out to everybody in the picture :D

Regardless of whether the assumption is valid or not, what you're basing it off doesn't really change.
  18. Scorpione

Seening regular games and checking a few tells u enough. if YOU arent able to do so.. we havent asked u to do. Dont say what we can and cannot tell by match history just because u cant yourself. Your ignorance to a subject/method is your own not everyone else
  19. brizingr5

brizingr5 Member

Hey, Mr. Perfection, stop riding my ass. I come with a developed path of reasoning and evidence to back it. You're only "evidence" and backing to your argument is that I'm "stupid," which falls under the category of harassment/condescending attatudes and goes against the ToS if I'm correct.

Not only that, I blatantly stated that it didn't matter if the assumption was valid or not. Everything I stated was on the basis that the assumption WAS valid. If you don't have anything nice/constructive to say, don't say anything at all. Christ.

If there is something that I'm missing that proves my line of thinking wrong, then say it, explain it, and give proof of it. Don't just call me (or anybody else for that matter) stupid for not understanding it, otherwise you're the one who look like an illiterate 12 year old who can't get their way.
  20. Scorpione

I shall reply in basic terms since you seem not to understand:
    You don't. You state something, say why it doesn't seems right to you in 1 line and set on the opinion thats how it is even after having multiple replies from others saying it is a certain way you still come and state it isnt.

Stupid? I didn't state that. I stated you're ignorant to the "match history", hence you the one who still say it isn't useful.
    Ignorance: definition: Google please define: Ignorance, is a state of being uninformed (lack of knowledge).
    Stupidity: definition: Stupidity is a lack of intelligence, understanding, reason, wit, or sense.
    So no it doesn't go against the ToS which means you're wrong in this case. Also not all ToS have that line. I suggest read before agreeing.

Who said it was valid? Saying you are right to something you say yourself is something anyone would do that doesn't like admitting otherwise.

It was already stated. I don't see why I should repeat myself or what others said just because I need to educate someone else. Most took their time to educate themselves, I don't see why I should go ahead and spoon feed you. Search engines are there. Common sense should be built in. There you go, find the answer.

You would notice in history that time "supply capped" = time you were inside notd game. 1 of the things you'd notice. But clearly you didn't and I must spoonfeed u just so u get the point of what im trying to say.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.