CAN DEMO TANK QUEEN?

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Ryan III, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

So can demo tank queen? The demo player here is a nooby 10.5k exp player (me) difficalty is recruit with no RA or xs
  2. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

why would you need to tank the queen in recruit mode? Charlie company is more than capable of tanking her long enough for you to dps her down.
  3. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Yes. Depending on the composition of your team. Presence of a PAR on you, the average DPS of your backup singers, etc. Today just had a Demotank do it, because he only needed to Tank the Queen for about all of 10 seconds. Have a Medic or a NoobCon who knows how to use Protect/Nanoshield even the DPS doesn't really matter.

4 Laser Rifles, including one on a OpsComm with HE Ammo and an Arms Assault, and having a Noob Explosion Demo who is FVing ALL THE THINGS. She shrieked twice before she even got to us.

Edit: Sometimes you can't count on CHarlie Company because they spawn right on top of her and Suicide before you even realize they hit the field. xP
  4. Ryan III

A: bored
    B: team bitches
    C: las resort
    D: for teh lolz
  5. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

ArcanePariah does it on a regular basis on Nightmare. Its arguably easier than Asstanking.
  6. Ryan III

Yes but nm has RA xs-4 armor and he has a humongo amount of exp
  7. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

It's harder to tank queen in recruit because of the lack of ra or xs4, but with even a semi competent fa medic and some kind of energy regen (arc ss or engi batt) demo can tank her fairly easily, I do it every now and again but tend to mismanage my energy if i have to chase after her (i sprint/taunt too much)
  8. Hongbearr

Hongbearr New Member

Not without medic and FS engine for support.
  9. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

And remember, LOOK!ing her when she hatches eggs is funny as hell. She can't trample over Infested Marines and if they lock onto her you can have a lulzy block that prevents you from getting to her that she won't attack. xD
  10. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

Yea, but that's just cheesy :p
  11. Ryan III

This is war, you have to fight to win, not fight for honor
  12. MSluiter

MSluiter Member

You can tank in recruit if you have C6. Just hold down taunt and use TTD on shriek and frenzy. You can’t really tank with c4. If you have a med constantly shielding you it is possible. On vet/nm you really need RA or XS-4. RA use the same idea as C6, and with XS-4 you need a med constantly shielding you.

You have limited energy so you can only tank so long without energy battery, supply station or an arc reactor. This is more of a problem in vet/nm where the queen has a lot more health. If you get sc you will die during frenzy without TTD so ideally have an engineer.

Lastly, you really need some way to keep mobs off you while tanking the queen, so use her to block an opening or tank her somewhere that your team can cover the mobs.
  13. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

You say Cheesy JAW... I say Funny. :p

It's like when I saw Mentos try to run by us during the Post Erebos Holdout. I LOOKED him when he was running near us, and 5 agrons all locked onto him, pinned him down, and did terrible, terrible, terrible things with their Kaizer Blades. He twitched a lot, but he couldn't get out from them.

Course, I'm a Fail DemoTank, so don't listen to me....

LOOKS ALL THE THINGS!
  14. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

True, however the medic is kind of non optional given I always do navy. It can be done minus engie support, engie is just a nice bonus.

Demotanking queen is different in a few regards. First off, both RA and XS are useful, because demo, unlike assault, can permataunt, keeping queen damage below 100, and thus always having RA affect her. Second, you do NOT want to straight tank her, that's Assaults job. Demo tanking is a mix of tanking (Taunt), semi tanking (TTD) and distraction (Look!). Having engie MC pets means one can look, then stop taunting and TTD to recover energy while Queen whacks another thing to death. Barring engie, you always have the option to use the Tart Egg/Tart, plus assorted stalkers, zombies at the far back of the crowd. If you have a ss con with medic, you can normally (if using RA) can just taunt your way through the battle, never bothering with look/ttd. This is only possible in places where queen herself will block the mobs, or your team can destroy them.
  15. Ryan III

@ arc you are great power with his power to smite down foes :D
    without c6 I died tanking her with a ss con and a medic shielding me.
  16. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

How do you die with -45% damage and some 400 shield points (Nanoshield and Protectery) with instant Full Regain available?

Answer: By being as noob as I.
  17. Ryan III

Medic got sc after troll garg, reaper died due to infested marines I forgot to taunt
  18. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Losing your Reaper is just bad all around. No excuse. Trollspawn Gargoyle though can be forgiven.

Edit: Unless you lost your Reaper because your team is going EU style and demands that your Reaper kills Dome D with no help and you find out that they buffed Dome D spawns to contain like 6 Gargoyles spaced far enough apart at every spawn interval that ONE of them is going to spot you, and they are spaced far enough apart you can't Stun and Gun them all, so your Reaper is a Lost Cause.
  19. Ryan III

Reaper= drone not recon
  20. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Demo can, but it is harder and requires a medic and some sort of energy regeneration help in the form of SS, Engie or Arc.

Personal preference is to use RA/XS and keep C4 in your inventory for frenzy.

The best way to "tank" her though is to look on Engie pets.