Blizzard Maintenance

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Moe, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Moe
    • Donator

Moe Well-Known Member

Am I the only one that thinks Blizzard seems to do server maintenance at the worst time? I mean, this time isn't that bad, on a Tuesday, from 3 am to 1 pm, which is pretty damn extensive.

But last time was on a Friday, at like 9 am lol. Must play NOTD, why do you deceive me, Blizzard? D: er, sorry, "Activision-Blizzard" -_-
  2. Miracle
    • Development Team
    • Community Leader

Miracle NOTD Staff: Assistant of many things

You can still play it in offline mode like spartanhija did ^^
  3. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

MissHumpz NOTD Staff: Event Coordinator & Amazing Amazer

Its nice being able to play in the SEA realm while NA always has maintenance. I've noticed that SEA never seems to be down for maintenance, whats up with that?
  4. frozensolid

frozensolid Well-Known Member

blizz never do maintenance for SEA
  5. Moe
    • Donator

Moe Well-Known Member

That's true. It's just not the same :p

Lucky D: Oh well, I can find something to do haha. Hopefully it doesn't actually take another 4-5 hours, though.
  6. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Does* nazi gramar :D

When aree we ganna play again? Last time we played everyone was slaughtered while u were smiting around with the l3 for about 10 waves XD
  7. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

NA is undergoing maintenance for the D3 patch for one. They probably roll all their maintenance for all their games into one day. Makes sense, given that now they all run basically on the same back end infrastructure.
  8. Moe
    • Donator

Moe Well-Known Member

Well at least that is practical. Hopefully this maintenance isn't one that ends up taking two hours longer than the planned lol. :dodgy:
  9. Shooz
    • Donator

Shooz NOTD Staff: Killjoy

The best time to do maintenance is in the early morning. Reason being is that most people are either sleeping or on their way to work. This is how the world works. Everyone who complains about that, get a job.
  10. Archangel

Archangel Well-Known Member

11. Pyromaniac

Pyromaniac Well-Known Member

Very few jobs skip Tuesday for any reasons too. Holidays and breaks (school breaks) generally happen the least on a tuesday. IMO Tuesday is the best day possible
  12. Moe
    • Donator

Moe Well-Known Member

I work as a part time overnight stocker, so yeah. My schedule is often open to change, day-wise. Usually Wednesday-Friday, but changes from time to time. At any rate, I was just saying Blizzard sometimes has horrible timing, like the last maintenance was at like 1 pm on a Saturday or something. But oh well, at least it doesn't happen too often, or has no cause lol.
  13. Pyromaniac

Pyromaniac Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
  14. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lITBGjNEp08[/video]
  15. Shooz
    • Donator

Shooz NOTD Staff: Killjoy

Extifer stay on topic or i'm goin to ban you.
  16. Moe
    • Donator

Moe Well-Known Member

Ooh, this explains it hahah.
    Didn't know it was an actual login error. o_O

Jurannok
    Support Forum Agent
    Edited by Jurannok on 10/12/12 12:45 PM (PDT)

Hey guys,

We're aware of an issue causing players to be Unable to Connect to Starcraft II as well as getting a Temporary problem error when trying to play. We've been working on the issue this morning and it should be resolved.

Let me know if you're still seeing the issue.

Update 10:30am PST: Last fix didn't resolve the issue. We're continuing to work on it.

Update 12:45pm PST: We've finished work on this and judging by a few posts already it looks like people are getting in. We're continuing to monitor the issue, but let me know if you guys have further issues.
  17. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

MissHumpz NOTD Staff: Event Coordinator & Amazing Amazer

You can't log in atm? Everyone else seems to be on o;
  18. Moe
    • Donator

Moe Well-Known Member

No I was able to log in at like 2 pm, although I was gone all day, and by the time I got on everyone was already offline basically. :(
  19. Mirage
    • Donator

Mirage ಠ_ಠ What are you looking at?

They dare not interrupt the koreans.
  20. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

Korea has its own server (KR server) that is separate from SEA. They can perform maintenance on SEA w/o disturbing the SC master race.