Black Ops section and problem of community opinion of it.

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Niktos, Apr 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

Also, a lot of new forum users' "good ideas" are the same ideas that were presented last month, and the month before that, and the month before that, and so on. We get tired of letting people down nicely. But yeah, welcome back vex.
  2. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

Then state that outright and not use a roundabout crowd sympathy fishing method which tries to portray itself as "brutally straight to the point"

Man up, and start a topic on it.

I've done that many times in the past and have had my efforts rewarded with recruit becoming what it is today.
    Of course it did take almost half a year total for all the changes to be made, but again, stick to your guns.

As for stopping the direction the map developer wants NOTD to take in normal and nightmare
    (usually to make things more difficult, which seems to be your definition of "elitist mentality pervading in the forums"- you may want to brush up on your definitions), tough luck.
    You're playing a game that is designed to constantly challenge its player base.
    The moment something becomes 'safely farmable' things are inevitably put on cue for re-evaluation.
    Historically, the only nerfing of the challenges the game poses to players has been with regards to mechanics/gimmicks that are inherently broken.
    And by that I mean things that cannot be worked around even with hard work (I.E. Old Alpha start, Original Cronus, Original Hades)

Notice that Ability had many times mentioned that the only storyline right now that has a good difficulty:reward ratio is EC NM.

That sounds more like someone is trolling you since -10 rating won't really do anything. Especially since you make it sound like it was a one time thing. If it happened frequently from multiple individuals, then that there is definitely a group that is negatively biased towards you.

That said however, that incident seems like abuse of mod powers. You can almost count on one hand the people who are capable of doing that.

Doubt it's Ability, unlikely to be Reaper as he doesn't even know you, Shooz is strict as fuck (and has only been known to troll Niteshade, another former mod and could fight on equal footing), A.P. is too aloof to mess with anyone and Kith actually likes semi-volatile discussions if it gets somewhere, Blaqk is currently M.I.A.

That (in my mind) narrows it down even more. Can anyone investigate this?
  3. Mirage
    • Donator

Mirage ಠ_ಠ What are you looking at?

More importantly why is it relevant to his whining now, the words 'last board' pop up here, as does the fact that all that rep was wiped clean.

Also Blaqk isn't MIA.. He's MIB, Missing in Blaqktion
  4. vexxenon

vexxenon Well-Known Member

So if I bring a valid concern, with proof, its whining. I feel that this type of activity behind the scene builds mistrust in the community. I don't think this issue need to be on a seperate thread, unless mods feel a need to do that. All I want to do is to let the community know is this type of activity has happened in the past, perhaps more than one time. I want them to be aware of it.
  5. Scorpione

Scorpione Well-Known Member

Yawn, this was old forums where nothing can be proved now. If it does happen all I can say take note then present it.
  6. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

Duly noted. Thank you for letting us know. We will be more vigilant of this in the future. Now can we please drop the issue?
  7. vexxenon

vexxenon Well-Known Member

Of course, lets get back on track with the bo discussion. I dont think there is a need for a specific subforum to discuss things where the total registered members are less than 1000.
  8. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

I find this all very ironic because there was a relatively new member that got accepted into Black Ops recently because he was able to state logical arguments and ideas that was presented well although it may have rubbed some the wrong way. So as a result of this new member getting into black ops, various players (the same ones complaining about black ops being elitist not naming any names of course) start bashing this relatively new player in NOTD channel and preventing him from joining games. They even go as far as to say NOTD will become sh** because they themselves couldn't present any good ideas or do anything worth while. As the saying goes, haters are always going to hate.

People forget that black ops is not exclusively held for those that make great ideas or suggestions, it is for members that have went above and beyond to make NOTD better than what it currently is.

If you are presenting ideas that are getting shot down, they are getting shot down for a reason. As a result there are two things for you to do when such a misfortune occurs.

1.) Grow up and accept that your idea may not be good.

2.) Learn from your mistake and present a better and more thought out idea in the future.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Mirage
    • Donator

Mirage ಠ_ಠ What are you looking at?

I think I'm just gonna end this with that, good statement.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.