Biological Pets and Field Engineers

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Kith, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

Field Engineers can Mind Control Biological Pets.

Just sayin'.
  2. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

My solution would be to mark all pets (And Devastators) as Heroic units, make Heroic units immune to mindjacking. Allow Engineers to mindjack non-heroic Mech again.

It was my understand the only reason Mech was made immune to mindjacking was to safeguard Predators. I see no reason why a Lucky engineer shouldn't be able to snag an X-1 or Sentinel.
  3. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

Nazara has haxor skills to ADC anything. Sure we may be talking about a super-computer which sets things on suicidal rampages, but the Field Nexus should be able to take control of Mechanical units.

It makes less sense that it can only do Biological, as I'm pretty sure A Slasher, Devourer, Baneling etc. would Lack a Compliance Matrix Chip to allow such things. Mechanical & Machines being ran on computers with sophisticated systems could be hacked by the Field Nexus, or other machines as demonstrated by HAL and Nazara.
  4. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

It is on the bug list since like forever :p
  5. Kage

Kage Member

I always thought Mech was immune to MC was because of Engineers.One goes Nexus,the other goes X-1 and the nexus guy can continuously MC an entire army of X-1s.

Then again,it could all be fake memories and this has never happened.
  6. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Are you all okay if I make all Pets Heroic? Downside is that they can be hugged. Does anyone have any major concerns? Imo, pets should be huggable. If they are proactive, they can cloak to avoid huggers/strangers maybe.
  7. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Hm, hugged pet is quite a punishment, but can also be used to aid the team by preventing a major from getting hugged.

I like it.

Speaking on the subject of Huggers though, EC Recruit Abandoned Mine hugger spawn could get toned down a bit or spread out even more as unless you have Escape/Sonic Trap, everyone can get hugged pretty quick even with high dps. And there'll still be 4+ idle huggers left around.
    It kind of requires those skills or Minis/Ogilvy to be present.
  8. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

I have no problem with Pets being hugged or strangled really. Only situation I can see where people would have a problem with it is the aforementioned Abandoned Mine event.

But that's a different problem, the last wave of Huggers needs to be spaced out a bit more as even a team rocking flamethrowers has a problem putting them down with sheer DPS.