Best classes for a 3 man survival

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Ryan III, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

What is the best 3 man team? The ones that work best for me are 3 PF or 1 tech 2 PF or 1 tech 2 psi
  2. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

I'd say it depends on how much Cheese you are necessarily planning on using.

When I'm doing Survival (Rare), and not Cheesing (Almost all the time when I survival), I like Mobility Recon, Psi Ops (Either tree, or Hybrid, all three options have merits), and Combat Tree Combat Engineer. Endless kiting! xD
  3. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

The Sec team classes are generally fantastic because they're high risk, high reward classes, and if you're doing 3 man survival, you probably have a team that you trust. The Pathfinder, for instance, is only as good as his teammates that don’t kill him by hitting him with Force Pushes or Contamination fields, and the Technician is only as good as the player that can avoid murdering his teammates with March of the Machine.

But that isn’t to say that the Sec Team classes are the only good ones for use in Survival. There are many classes that lend themselves to Survival’s “fight and flight” nature:

Combat Rifleman: Very mobile with decent DPS. Grenades are useful for on-the-run damage, and you won’t be running out of energy for sprints any time soon.
    Field Aid Medic: A safety net that can be avoided, but it’s a good one nonetheless if you need it.
    Nano Medic: A decent disable caster. Mindblast has its uses in crowd control and keeping enemies away from you without a friendly fire chance.
    Subtlety Marksman: Fast and sneaky with burst damage, even more insanely powerful with a Stinger.
    Explosives Demolitions: A bit killwhore-y, but mines destroy ambient spawns. Keep kiting in the map’s circle of death and laying mines behind you and you’ll go far. Air waves are kind of an issue, though.
    Fortitude Demolitions: Good at being able to shrug off nicks and bruises that may end up killing other classes. Becomes an unstoppable force in the event of Time to Die that is mobile and durable.
    Combat Engineer: The X-1’s ability to fire on the move is a godsend. Combined with BHS’s ability to drop instant and massive stunlock whenever you need it and Overdrive’s ability to slaughter everything, the Combat Engineer is actually amazing at Survival.
    Operations Commando: King DPS is still King DPS, and of surprise to nobody, being King DPS is pretty useful when you’re in a situation where you want to kill things before they kill you.
    Delta Commando: Heightened Senses massively boosts team DPS for very little energy, and Gravity Grenade will keep mobs in one place for a decent amount of time. Once Razor Tripwire is implemented and Bring Them Down starts functioning, Delta will be fantastic for keeping things off of you and your team.
    Order Flamethrower: Smite. It’s all about Smite. A spammable AOE slow that deals fractional damage that can be cast at a decent range and covers a rather large area, and can be later upgraded to add armor to increase survivability. Faith, when used properly, can keep you and your team alive by healing and destroying/stunning mobs and bosses.
    Mind Mastery Psi Ops: FORCE PUSH. Inception too but seriously Force Push
    Modifications Technician: Tanky, great DPS, gains clusterfuck damage and durability with March of the Machine.
    Rocketeer Pathfinder: Assault Jump is awesome for bosses and for mobs when fully upgraded. No Quarter is for obliterating heavy mobs and/or bosses when necessary.
    Desolator Chemical Expert: AOE damage with disables. Now that the movespeed has been buffed to more agreeable levels, dropping Contaminate fields behind you and your team as you move about the map serves the same purpose as the Demo’s mine trails, but with more functionality vs. bosses.
  4. poor_newb

poor_newb Member

best combination is 3 pathfinder with cheese, abuse is fun

if you don't cheese, swap a pf for recon for gotb, that's all
  5. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

While this is true, I'd rather we not promote cheese. The Pathfinder Cheeses will be going away in the not too distant future, hopefully along with everything else.
  6. Lightning
    • Donator

Lightning Member

best fun is flamer , S rofl , recon

hehe but must have recon carry tons of medkits / av / bands lol
  7. TheSilenced

TheSilenced New Member

i like a weapons tech cause...you can make alot of use out of floodlights (puts da OP in scope) and madspark the targeting array is nifty but i find its difficult to use HotG in a 3 man...but it would be awesome in a fullhouse surv
  8. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

March Tech, Survival Rifle & Pathfinder. Pathfinder helps to clear out heavy mobs with Jump; Survival Rifle gives some mob control and March Tech rapes most bosses.

When it comes time for Guardian, just exhaust spam and run. I usually have madspark 1 at this point. (3/1; that drone is useful when it comes to dealing with gotb for sight purposes)
  9. Jercy

Jercy Well-Known Member

Op Commando, Pathfinder, Psi Ops.
  10. Lulz

Lulz Well-Known Member

Believe me you will not be dissapointed when you try motm tech, psi, and fort demo.. best combo there is right there
  11. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

which psi