BANK FILES CAN't BE LOCATED

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LitleJunior, Feb 23, 2013.

1. LitleJunior

LitleJunior New Member

Hi guys,can anyone help me about my bank files.I can't located my bank files in my Mac OS X but somehow my experience can be saved in NOTD as well as other games.I just needed them so I can play in other servers without starting at 0 xp.Also,if I open Users/Library/Application support/Blizzard/Startcraft 2...I still can' find it.If I open Documents/Blizzard/Starcraft 2,only Variables.txt come out.I will be happy if someone can help me.TQ.
  2. CooL

CooL Member

3. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

@ CooL
    That's for windows, he is on mac, and that guide is so old it makes dirt look young.

@LitleJunior
    I'm not sure what you problem is, but I'll tell you how I fixed my issues when I upgraded to the newest Mac OS.

It used to be in the folder Hard Drive -> Users -> YourUser -> library -> application support -> blizzard -> starcraft2 blah blah blah, but they changed the new OS to hide the library in your user file. Just open starcraft2, go to your replays, click one and then click the button that says "show in finder". Backtrack that file path until you get to the hidden library folder, then make an alias of that folder. Now you can access your application support for other games as well. I know that is probably not your problem, but maybe it will help.
  4. Elric

Elric New Member

What Jaw said above works.

Also, if you're on the newest OSX you can gain access to your user library (which as Jaw says is hidden by default) simply by clicking on the GO menu in your finder and hitting the Alt key - you'll see the library menu temporarily pop up under the GO list.

Once in your library you can do a search for "notd" making sure to search only within the Library folder and not the rest of your HD. This should help you find the notdbank5.SC2Bank files. Drag the encasing folder into your Favourites bar on the left of your finder window for easy access.

And as Jaw says with the alias, you can also drag your user library into the same Favourites list on the finders' left bar along with your Desktop, Applications, AirDrop etc... making your Library folder instantly accessible for any future needs.

Now you have a couple of options...
  5. CooL

CooL Member

ooops.. my bad, didn't notice :)
  6. Scorpione

Scorpione Well-Known Member

Open terminal
    Type/copy n paste:
    chflags nohidden ~/Library/
    Library folder is now shown.

If it says permission denied:
    sudo chflags nohidden ~/Library
    Enter password

You welcome mac newbs :D.

View
    Show path bar
    Under the open folder it will show path if you right click on the one that says 1-S2 (or 2-S2 etc)
    Open enclosing folder.
    You are located in the bank folders for all regions.

Making alies, macro or adding to sidebar for quick access is good when playing across servers
  7. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

What I don't understand is why Apple felt the need to hide the library folder. Does anyone know why they did this?
  8. HipHopDragon
    • Warden

HipHopDragon Warden

Its apple, if they can restrict something they will do it.
  9. Scorpione

There are couple of reasons:
    1. Deleting certain files from the library folder can destroy the OS in such a way the only way to repair is to go to apple. For apple newbs its hidden to avoid this.
    2. Library is Mac OSs root folder, if you don't know how to show the folder you probably shouldn't be there.
    3. All the stuff that is there most likely isn't yours. Following apple's logic: "Just because you bought it doesn't make it your property. You didn't make it, it is not yours." Which is the same reason the apple machine you've bought... isn't yours.
    4. What hip said.
  10. Lyanden

Lyanden Well-Known Member

[hr]
    Gotta love that part
  11. Scorpione

I can top that part!
    If you mess with any data,software,hardware you shouldn't have and you were to bring your apple pc/phone to the store for repairs, even if warranty or not, chances are your product will be disabled or a virus will be put to destroy all data inside. Pretty neat eh? Oh wait wait wait.... best of all.. There's nothing the customer can do about it.

Unless you are lucky and the "apple genius" you meet is a nice guy/girl which will actually help etc. :p

Tips for the future:
    Homemade > apple
  12. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

Not the library folder in the hard drive, the library folder in your user file, but thank you for the info.
  13. Scorpione

User library is where cracking etc takes place. :) np.
  14. LitleJunior

LitleJunior New Member

Well,thanks guys...now I can find my bank files.The guides really helped me.When I do what Jaw told me,I found a hidden library.When I go back to normal finder,there is no library there....Its just hidden....:-/
  15. Elric

Elric New Member

To those struggling with the 'hidden' user Library folder... here are 19 ways to find it and/or make it permanently visible - there are even apps that make it really easy for those unfamiliar with Terminal commands, Shell scripts, Alias', Symbolic links or other 'tricks':

http://www.macworld.com/article/1161156/view_library_folder_in_lion.html

However, Scorpione makes some very valid points in that fiddling around in the Library (or anyone one of the three primaries), if you don't know what you're doing can really mess up your system - hence schmapple hiding it.

hope this helps you.
  16. LitleJunior

LitleJunior New Member

Thanks Elric,that website you post about hidden library folder really help.Also,what is the black writing under your post...It says blacker than black ops..not even black ops know.But I can see it :p..That means I am better than Black ops.

p.s:Just kidding about the black ops writing thing :p
  17. Scorpione

DO NOT USE 3RD PARTY APPS to show library.
    Using terminal to unlock it is 100% safe.
  18. LitleJunior

LitleJunior New Member

Thanks,I will use Terminal but what is Terminal and where can I find it?

for the real: I am 12 year old boy....thats why I need a lot of help.....including about mac
  19. Scorpione

Applications, utilities, terminal.

Well, in technical terms: terminal allows you to control the underpinnings of the UNIX based OS.
    In poor words..... Its a program. Which is mainly use to manipulate with your mac. There are premade commands done to facilitate the use of an user that has above average computing skills.
    Hmmm I could be not saying it exactly right. However:

http://guides.macrumors.com/
    Whenever you are bored check it out. Helps to learn about macs.

Also using search engines such as google help. You just ask it a question: how to restart my imac and it appears. Other stuff won't appear straight away and require in depth searching.
  20. LitleJunior

LitleJunior New Member

Well,thanks...but I'm not going to permanent show the Library folder in case my little brother done something sucks like deleting a file inside it.....