Bank backup

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by FrenKy, Jun 10, 2012.

1. FrenKy

FrenKy New Member

Say a user wanted to create a tool for automatic backup of NOTD bank files after each game and share it with the world.
    Would that be against some policy?
  2. Emperor

Emperor New Member

It already does that.
  3. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Yeah, sharing your bank file is bad. Gonna get you, and anyone caught using it, banhammered.
  4. Emperor

Emperor New Member

I think he meant the tool not the bank.

I made a similar thing for Runling Run when I used to play it, inspired from my CoD4 days. Runling Run was far more prone to bank fuckuppery than NOTD is, so it was necessary. (I still don't have my Ultralisk back)
  5. FrenKy

FrenKy New Member

Correct. I meant to distribute a tool for creating backup files, not bank file itself, absolutely not.
    Tool to do automatically what is written here: http://www.notdstarcraft.com/forum/show ... hp?tid=156
  6. Pyromaniac

Pyromaniac Well-Known Member

Doesn't sound like it would break any rules to share such a tool to backup banks, but I wouldn't download it since backing up my bank is simple enough. I could see how it would be useful for some people though.
  7. FrenKy

FrenKy New Member

Well... I've built it for myself... Just added some odd thing here and there so it is more usable for general public.
    Here goes nothing :)

http://ifile.it/p7hvl4e

Btw, i can give source if someone wants it (by request)... Written in C++, Qt

And ofc, no warranty WHATSOVER :)

Edit:
    Some updates how app works, as suggested by Ghost.
  8. FrenKy

FrenKy New Member

9. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

Follow the rules in regards to bank files or I will ban you seven ways to hell.

[​IMG]
  10. ImaDomo
    • Donator

ImaDomo Clad In Armour

lol next thing u know your so called "tool" makes ppl lose all their bank files rotfl. N there no warranty
  11. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

I think he ment he wants it to auto save after each game, in a seperate spot than where it normally saves. Ill check out his links when im at home, cuz if so that would be a great tool.
  12. Gattu

Gattu Well-Known Member

Is there a feature where it would update and sync the banks between two folders as well?
    Pretty useful for players playing over multiple servers
  13. Mirage
    • Donator

Mirage ಠ_ಠ What are you looking at?

That's in Vigil, I've just been so damn busy and Blaqk hasn't been around at the same time as me so it hasn't been put up just yet.

Side note: I'll have it to blaqk in a day or two I just ordered a signing cert for my little mini-company so it can even be legit to your browser/comp..
  14. FrenKy

FrenKy New Member

Someone complained there exist no integration in tool with Dropbox.
    IMO this is not worth the effort, as it is easily made by hand.

E.g. I've put the destination directory of my tool at "c:\Users\user1\Dropbox\SaveGameBackup\NOTD_Backup", so this is also synced to Dropbox.

Also, I installed Dropbox directory on same drive as the where bank files are created. I've created a single directory for SC2 purpose, and just made a junction:
    Code:
    c:\Users\user1\Dropbox\SaveGameBackup>mklink /J StarCraft2Banks "c:\Users\user1\Documents\StarCr
    aft II\Accounts"
    Junction created for StarCraft2Banks <<===>> c:\Users\user1\Documents\StarCraft II\Accounts

c:\Users\user1\Dropbox\SaveGameBackup>
    You see the pattern... Btw, lost once quite a lot due to HDD failure, now I'm, what you may call, diligent back-upper :D
  15. Mirage
    • Donator

Mirage ಠ_ಠ What are you looking at?

"Not Worth the Effort" to do dropbox; perhaps that is true in C++, but in most other languages its actually dead simple and quick.

And since I don't actually remember giving this bit of advise....

Its too damn complicated, the interface has way too much stuff that 90% of people won't want to bother with, majority of time on Vigil's backup feature was spent making it as simple as possible to use and configure.