ATTN HALO fans / players

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MissHumpz, Oct 16, 2012.

1. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

MissHumpz NOTD Staff: Event Coordinator & Amazing Amazer

[align=center]- Halo 4 - [/align]

Please explain to me, what the fudge this is.

Since when did Halo become a series on YouTube? I'm not complaining or anything, this is amazing and very well done. I couldn't begin to imagine how much this would have cost to put all of this together.

What I understand so far that yes Halo 4 is a game, and the gameplay looks amazing! I can't wait to play it for myself :3

I'm just curious as to what this Halo 4 YouTube series is about? Is it relative to the storyline of the game? Or is it a side story? What's the purpose? Promo? Profit? Would have cost a pretty penny to make.

[align=center]- Exhibit A: Halo 4 Series -
    [video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfJVgXBfSH8[/video]

- Exhibit B: Halo 4 Gameplay -
    [video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=n9fRP4KRL1I[/video][/align]

Military question:

After watching this I'm curious to know why do soldiers refer to their female higher ranking officers as 'sir'? I would have thought they would have said 'mam' instead.
    • I'll drink to that! I'll drink to that! x 1
  2. Emperor

Emperor New Member

Shooters like Halo are a double edged sword.

On one hand you're glad twitch shooters exist in some form in the current generation, on the other you're frustrated it isn't on the godly-games pedestal along with Tribes and Quake.

As for the youtube vid, it's only a miniseries leading up to the release of Halo 4, IIRC. They've been testing the waters with the live-action stuff for a while now, since Halo 3 released I think. No doubt gearing up for the feature film.
  3. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Extifer Stiffy is what Lyanden calls me.

Since I am a big Halo fan, (reason why I usually say Spartans Never Die, Their just missing in action). Basically forward unto Dawn is a live action web series of the Halo universe and it will release once every week until the release of Halo 4 this year.

Its basically promo material but it isn't based on the actual Spartan Super Soldiers (The Guys/Girls that wear the Armor like the Master Chief) that Halo is known for. Instead its based on the UNSC next generation of Soldiers, so yes its kind of a side story and I'm not too sure myself if this will be somehow tied into the story of Halo 4.

Never the less, its done really well and was quite a large investment project.
  4. Moe
    • Donator

Moe Well-Known Member

Yeah it's pretty much purely promotional. Very well made, and it's pretty badass so far. Judging by the name, it clearly, to some degree, is about The Dawn frigate, which was split in half if I remember right. Apparently it's Microsoft's biggest and most expensive promotion of a game, being live action and all.

It's pretty awesome so far, and Halo 4 looks just as awesome. :)

Oh, and about your military question, I don't think they actually refer to female soldiers as "sir", it's just a movie/video game thing and all that. In our current military, female superior officers are referred to as ma'am, or mam or whatever.
  5. Shooz
    • Donator

Shooz NOTD Staff: Killjoy

Only female officers of the Halo universe are referred to as "Sir".

Also, my dick has never been so hard, my wife B jelly.
  6. Blaze

Blaze New Member

halo is my game! the one game where i can be uber agressive and have a positive k/d plus winning 1v4's with a shotty is just sooo satisfying
  7. ImaDomo
    • Donator

ImaDomo Clad In Armour

Yeh I love halo big fan rawr, so far this live action promo series is awesome, n master chief will be in it.
  8. Blaze

Blaze New Member

in halo i was a known elitist and i took over a massive clan for like a week then school started
  9. Moe
    • Donator

Moe Well-Known Member

10. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

11. Moe
    • Donator

Moe Well-Known Member

12. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9ez7iNjoVg[/video]

What Carter says at 1:21 is already enough to describe my service record.
  13. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

A look into Master Chief's History.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7dqtgkSWeQ[/video]
  14. Moe
    • Donator

Moe Well-Known Member

I miss when Red vs. Blue was like this.

[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/9BAM9fgV-ts[/video]
  15. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ_xn889cSk&feature=plcp[/video]

The Master Chief

hhhhhhnnnnnnnggggggggg
  16. Blaze

Blaze New Member

i wish i could show you my record i had a 3/1 4/1 k/d almost every game and all my deaths were suicides usually XD
  17. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

That contributes nothing to the thread, so my answer to your post...........

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lITBGjNEp08[/video]
  18. Blaze

Blaze New Member

im not dutch :p so doesnt apply to me and i feel you after me lately
  19. Extifer
    • Warden
    • Donator

Information on the collectors edition

A limited collector's edition of the game was announced by 343 Industries on May 16, 2012. 343 Industries also confirmed that there are no plans to launch a Legendary Edition. The Limited Edition is set to be launched on November 6, 2012, at a cost of $99.99 or £64.99 GBP.

The first look at the Limited Edition as seen on Halo Waypoint.
    The Limited Edition content.
    Halo 4 Limited Edition contains:
    Bonus in-fiction bonus content expanding the characters and stories of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn and their connections to Halo 4.
    Special Featurette: Bringing Gaming into Reality.
    Making of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn.
    Bonus digital content through Xbox LIVE:
    Unique in-game Spartan IV armor skin.
    Unique in-game weapon skin for the Assault Rifle.
    An exclusive in-game emblem.
    Xbox LIVE Avatar prop.
    Xbox LIVE Avatar Spartan IV armor set.
    The Limited Edition also contains the UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet which includes a Spartan armor customization schematic, an introduction to the massive ship UNSC Infinity, and insight into what it means to be one of humanity's finest warriors: The Spartan IVs.
    War Games Map Pack Pass: The Limited Edition includes access to nine maps - three future competitive multiplayer map packs, each including three locations, available for download post-launch on Xbox LIVE. Content also consists of 2 exclusive helmets, the "Scanner" and "Strider" helmets, and the "Falcon" in-game emblem.
    Specializations: Receive early access to six Specializations, available at launch on Xbox LIVE, and use them, one at a time, to achieve higher ranks in your Spartan career. In addition to gaining access to new ranks, Specializations unlock new customization options.
    The Special Edition of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn, a 90-minute extended version of the live-action digital series which will take fans back to the terrifying beginning of the Human/Covenant war, when the Master Chief inspired a young cadet who would eventually become a leader aboard the UNSC's greatest vessel ever: the UNSC Infinity.

[​IMG]
  20. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

Where's the 3rd one? I can't find it D: