attacked

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Harry B.C. Dresden, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Harry B.C. Dresden

Harry B.C. Dresden Well-Known Member

i was in the middle of a nm alpha game 3rd remake when someone attacked my computer. avast, windows defender and advanced system care intruder alarms went off. it then decided to shut my computer down to protect it. when i restarted game. my save file was wiped. is there a way to get it back?
  2. Miracle
    • Development Team
    • Community Leader

Miracle NOTD Staff: Assistant of many things

So, you somehow lost your bank file when your computer restarted? Did you make backups of your bank files previously? If so use them.

System restore might work too, not too sure though.
  3. Mirage
    • Donator

Mirage ಠ_ಠ What are you looking at?

I see your problem.

Windows defender.

Oh and 'Advanced' system care.
  4. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

Well, first, check to see if you made a back-up.

If you did, delete the files inside of the NOTD Bank File, and place the back-up inside (make sure it is named properly).

If you don't have a back-up, hopefully your computer has the ability to "restore previous versions", which I think only Window has. Not sure about Mac's. Using "restore previous versions" hopefully you'll be able to restore your bank to an earlier point in time, though it may be far back or may not help at all.

In any case, also refer to Fox's Bank File Backup/Restoration Thread.
  5. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

Mac has Time Machine, which is basicly the same thing.
    (No I do not play on Mac)
  6. Harry B.C. Dresden

i read that guide about the day after i started playing. i made a back up at 5k. it said to do it at major milestones. i lost about 2k exp lvl 2 medals in medic and survival and about 2,000 ish credits. gonna have to redo it.

has anyone else's computer been attacked like that before while playing sc2?
  7. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

Not that anyone's reported here, this is new.
  8. Mirage
    • Donator

Mirage ಠ_ಠ What are you looking at?

Chances are exponentially more likely that you weren't attacked, more likely you had a virus that decided just then to strike out.
  9. CooL

CooL Member

Windows defender sucks! Avast should be enough. Check the logs, it must be moved/hidden somewhere.

Safety precaution :
    Change your documents folder setting somewhere else, ie D:\My Doc.
    Another workaround, sync em all! :cool:
    If you know how to use sync application (ie Allway Sync) make some folders in different drive then sync them periodically.

It's weird that you lost your bank in the attack. What virus?
    You lost only your bank? Not whole documents?
  10. Pyromaniac

Pyromaniac Well-Known Member

Windows Security Essentials works for me, granted I also don't download much outside of steam
  11. ImaDomo
    • Donator

ImaDomo Clad In Armour

Yes Pyro free anti virus, I use Windows Security Essentials too. I only download from a few selected sites. Mainly sites for shows. movies and mostly anime. Works fine for me I don't get any viruses.
  12. Moe
    • Donator

Moe Well-Known Member

I've never used any anti-virus or windows firewall. :eek:

I am my own anti-virus. :D Plus if I do get a virus, I have a cloned hard drive and my Windows XP cd, so I'm good to go. The joy of a custom computer ^_^
  13. Harry B.C. Dresden

hmm no other files were affected i think bank crashed because i was leaving game when computer shut itself off. i dont think any of them got through.