Armageddon Bomb Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Ability, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Pyromaniac

Pyromaniac Well-Known Member

RE: Wall of Fire Replacement: Armageddon Charge

I call it, the mini shiva
  2. Thermidor

Thermidor Well-Known Member

You're not the first. :D
  3. Pyromaniac

Pyromaniac Well-Known Member

If it loses it's ability to hit alternate height of cliffs, it will only be a super radioactive satchel
  4. ProbeGst

ProbeGst Well-Known Member

3 demo in 1 pub game = MASSIVE KILLING SPREE
  5. poor_newb

poor_newb Member

some thoughts:

the explosion animation on the new ultimate looks very weak sauce, the satchel animation looks much better at the moment

all that tremor and magma stuff is too much to read and too wannabe cool and have little effect on gameplay, keep it clear and simple and just call it a remote detonation nuclear bomb with one big explosion

wall of fire is still a pretty good skill and demo should keep it, not as ultimate but as tier 2 with some nerfs, maybe replacing satchel?

both his tier 1 skills should be combined into a single skill, having to max both tier 1 just to lay mines is bad, give him another tier 1 to choose from
  6. ProbeGst

so if i get it.
    Tier 1 should use energy to get XX mines.
    another tier 1 should be >>skill random<<
    tier 2 wall of fire does 10/20 dmg and slow 10/20? if fire wall replace satchel...
    you can now give every tier a name. :)
    Tier 1 : explosive
    Tier 2 : fire
    Tier 3 : nukes.
    nuke explosion everywhere fire.
  7. LtAscott

LtAscott New Member

i think armageddon charge is awesome but... it think it should be like the osok MM tree, what about this "Explosives Instructor" : Demo gives a 70% reduction to explosive dmg in a 7 radius (aura/passive) satchel lvl3 is now armageddon bomb, and targets that are laser designated cause mines to unburrow and move to attack designated target. Mines get a buff(move to designated target infestor/boss usually, can shoot up bouncing betty style and hit air units), satchel is now armageddon bomb, and all units within 7 radius of demo get 70% dmg reduction against explosives (less tks late game for demo ec is for beginners...) i think this would help balance the demo, minimise tks, and help make the demo more useful.
  8. Shooz
    • Donator

Shooz NOTD Staff: Killjoy

You repeated what your intent was twice and the second time it was just backwards btw.
  9. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

Just played demo in an ec nm. Explo seems to be equal to or greater than demotank now. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.
  10. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Noone goes satchel now. Not that many did previously.
  11. ProbeGst

u sure? i got at security 2 demo who used satchels couldn't kill anything
  12. brueda

brueda New Member

I really liked the Tier 3 Firewall.
    In my opinion Armageddon is just another satchel... just easier to teamkill someone cause the radius is much larger.
    What everyone had against the Firewall it was a really good skill, and i want it back!!!

brueda
  13. Reaper

Reaper Moderator/The Crimsonrine

Armageddon just needs to get made the way it was meant to be. It wasn't meant to have that large explosion radius. Tweaking has to happen for it is as the moment just another Satchel.

Wall of Fire got removed was 2 reasons
    1. - A wall of fire didn't fit the Explosives Demolitions alot of players felt and there were many discussions about having Inferno of the Flamethrower getting switched with Wall of Fire of the Demolitions. The Demolitions for a long time needed a talent that fitted him.

2. - And maybe the main, some players did not notice that Wall of Fire was bugged as hell. Have you ever seen that you have 2 Walls thrown down and yet Infested Marines, Zombies and even to Ghouls would come through both? On any difficulty. There were times when you could camp in the wall and not take any damage at all. It would damage targets once or twice and then not again. Even if creeps were going down its length they wouldn't get damaged. So it failed in its role of area control. It was also in comparison completely eclipsed by the Forward Observers Napalm Shells

Armageddon so far makes one hell a kiting and an area set up tool. Armageddon rids player easily of the terror Menoetes and can cause the Queen to Shriek from a distance. Good timing can rid you of any threat. While at the moment it does have immense team killing potential players have to learn how to use it. Thats how the Demolitions works. He is a double headed battle axe that takes great mad skill to wield efficiently.
  14. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

15. Reaper

That first line is the absolute golden rule of any and all game design.

In theory it sounds good but the practicality will differ from or test the theory.

I do imagine the Developers have alot on their plate and to implement the Fissure lines along Armageddons will be tricky.
  16. ProbeGst

what happen if you cross the lasers?
  17. Reaper

[​IMG]
  18. SkullCapp

SkullCapp Well-Known Member

I kind of like Fire Wall, but as someone said, it doesn't make sense for demo to have fire wall. But Arma Bomb make sense, plus it rock! Though, could at least make louder boom. Nothing like getting satisfaction from hearing the music of your handiworks.