Apollo A Solo

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by MSluiter, Nov 5, 2012.

1. MSluiter

MSluiter Member

A lot of people have done solo Easy Company and Alpha Company since the solo difficulty has increased, but who has done Apollo A?
    If you are interested, give it a shot and post your replay of your completing Apollo A. Use whatever class and tactics you want. I would recommend Technician, but if you can beat it with something else, extra kudos.
    I was trying to do it without buying weapons, but I broke down and bought a Shotgun towards the end when I was sick of searching.
    Risk is high and reward is small, but give it a try and good luck!
  2. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

Well... for one thing, for the longest time, it was functionally impossible to beat Solo A, but that got fixed. It just that, route A is seen as the easy way out, most of the time if you are skilled enough to get to end of IVAX, your good enough to do route B.
  3. MSluiter

MSluiter Member

Forgot to add the replay. Here is the regular and the NM version
  4. Blaze

Blaze New Member

i thought you cant do b cuz 2 people needed for the domes
  5. rockz
    • Donator

rockz Well-Known Member

you needed 2 people to blow up the reactor
  6. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

Actually Part A originally was impossible because of reactor. That got fixed. Then it was impossible when Heph got his hunter mode, solo meant you auto activated it and thus were going to die LONG before you would make evac (You would probably make it to the middle of alley and then Heph would over take and kill you).
  7. David

David Well-Known Member

So you're saying I can no longer get 33k kills, kiting reactor spawns for almost 4 hours again? Drat.
  8. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

Oh, no, you can. The reactor spawns don't end. The mission is doable.

Of course, I know this because earlier I ran an 8 Technician game, 7 of which were Weapons tree. We could have very easily sat there for an additional 20 minutes and maxed out both trees.
  9. Lulz

Lulz Well-Known Member

Is a good challenge and i try it all the time. havent beaten it nm solo yet. Cant pass the Reactors. Note here correct now reactors are solo able. However domees are not so if you chose b you wasted a long long time. Tech is great for this.. however this is one of the only times i think deso chem is worth anything. Does quite well here.