Anyone Has a Solo Strategy For engi?

Discussion in 'Strategy and Tactics' started by spartanhija, May 13, 2012.

1. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Anyone have a soloing strategy for engi?
  2. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Combat, X1 and BHS, LolKite everything.

Basically the fourth strategy I saw for Survival Mode, though instead of 8 of them you have 1.

It'd be pathetically easy if you got the kiting reflexes, know how to juke the zombies well.
  3. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

lol... ok.. but i try to keep minis alive :p, I really like the mind control, and dont mind the wait but I think it should have an area effect similar to smite, so you can take a crowd of zombies or soemthing, and wait another 2min for something :p
  4. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Ops

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Operations and Web

That would be way too overpowered.
  5. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

50 slashers chewing on your tank, magically surviving, MIND CONTROLOLOLOLOL
  6. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

I dont mean a huge area , I mean just a small one, It would still take 2minutes to do another one, and mc's usually die fast anyways..
  7. Ryan III

Ryan III Well-Known Member

Ever seen a mced slasher? Have an army of 3-5 and u don't need at tank for nm queen
  8. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

ok. Im not argueing that but if thats the case, just mc one slasher, even if more is in the aoe you are clicking. just 1 slasher and other small units.
  9. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

His idea actually has some measure of merit. Make the radius very small so you can't hit more than one Agron with it, give it snap-to so you can't be fancy and clip two agrons with just the edges, and apply. Makes mis-aimed MCs suck less, and if you want to MC a bunch of shitty enemies (larva would actually be amazing for this due to their nonexistent threat) then you don't have to do it one at a time. I doubt it will go anywhere as a concept because the Field Engi is basically in a perfect place right now, but it's neat to think about.

As for solo strats, either you're going to use Field Probes constantly to distract hordes or you go Combat and kite like mad.
  10. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Kite like mad sounds sexy. I must get good at being sexy!! I must just be a nub because idk if anyone has tried solo latley but damn it can get crazy haha i thought i was going to have a nervouse breakdown the other night haha
  11. spartanhija

spartanhija Member

Also, if u wanted to stick with just one mc, keep the smite like radius though and stun enemies so if it is a shitty fested zombie ( i love mc ing those ) he actually has a sec to get out of the crowd / escape certain death. Of course u can burrow but most of the time my fat fingers are too slow
    [hr]
    Fested rine* not zombie