Anybody up for some Custimized NoTD games?

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Waves_Blade, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Arturia

Arturia Well-Known Member

RE: Anybody up for something different/silly?

Cerb Deciding to "Bite" spells out GG for the unlucky target. I was once a tank assault with RA, He bites me after I stun him. Nobody else had a stun, nothing to do to save me, and a troll parasite stacked a shit-ton of venom on me. Its worse because it doesn't look like it ever has an apparent end until you are dead.
  2. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

It tends to happen only when he's Invulnerable, and will stop when he cycles back to merely mortal. But it's a Bad End 99% of the time.
  3. Arturia

Safeguard can apparently stop a nuke, but it won't stop a dog from chewing you to death.
  4. QuantumMech

QuantumMech Well-Known Member

It has been done before, I believe nite called it "Armageddon company" and they actually won. More importantly, they had Leongenisis in that game, and if any of you remember him, I doubt much of anyone would, that is quite amazing that they won.

EDIT: skipped reading "arty", nvm. That would be difficult. It was just 8 FOs
  5. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Not to mention that was Pre-MI Nerf. Back when basically if you just kept using the Mobile Infantry Calldown they were out for 55 seconds out of a minute, instead of the current half on, half off that exists now. It makes a huge difference.
  6. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

Well, the Forward Observer is going to get fiddled with here in a while, so I'd suggest holding off on another Armageddon Company run until it's done.
  7. Foehammer
    • Donator

Foehammer Well-Known Member

Again taking into account that you guys have been playing longer, and know more the idea is most likely FUBAR now that ive been proven wrong.

How about this, March Of The Minis: Apollo/survival, All players go Mod Tech and can only obtain kills with thier crawler drones.(allowed to use guass until drones can be obtained.)
  8. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

That's called "Crawling in my Technician", and it ends in misery and failure. It wouldn't be as bad if the drones could fire on the move, but that would be shitting all over the combat engineer and make the MOTM Tech stupidly overpowered.
  9. Foehammer
    • Donator

Well in any case im just going to keep throwing things out there. :D
    This, Now You See Me, Now You Dont: all players go Mob recon and can only kill when cloaked. ( can kill without bieng cloaked until escape or cloak is obtained)
  10. ArcturusV

ArcturusV New Member

Would run into the old Silver Star problem, not enough ammo dropped if you aren't in Newbie Mode.
  11. Foehammer
    • Donator

They can hybrid and get ss and drop those like crazy=possible infinite ammo and energy?
  12. ProbeGst

ProbeGst Well-Known Member

yes/no because it's only for few moments and if you really want it to be infinite you need 3 SLOTS to keep up SS
  13. Arturia

Its 2; SS lasts 25 seconds, 50 second CD. Unless it has been changed. Rotate them out and you are fine.

And 8 Surv. Recon was tried and done if I recall correctly; Extreme amounts of Energy/ammo to burn and Reaper Drones provide free dps and can double as an emergency rescuer / psuedo tank creator.
  14. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

If you do 7 Surv Recs, 1 FA medic. Not only will that medic never run out of energy, but with XS4/RA, Nanoshield, and properly rotated Protects, you can literally tank anything.
  15. Foehammer
    • Donator

I was origanaly talking about mob recons but eh no likes the idea apparently.
    Now You See Me, Now You Dont: all players go SubMM and can only kill while cloaked(can use m45 until cloak is obtained)
    I changed it since recon has been done.
  16. Arturia

Its still rather uhh..... Not to sure how to say it without being blunt but, this went from random class builds to "Kill while X".

I think watching 8 Weapon's Techs would be entertaining.

Is there a Maximum amount of Stacks you can get of Open Wounds?
  17. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

Yes, 10 I believe.

As for a viable funny build that would most likely work

Any number of SS Con and FA meds with a single demo tank. Call this "I shall not fall"

Buy XS4 to start, be borderline invincible all game.
  18. Arturia

I wish enemies didn't have a limit on maximum stacks. Would open up so many doors and potential funny things.

Death by The Technician Company of Pollutant Disposal.
  19. Foehammer
    • Donator

Hmm ya i guess i did get off topic.
    How about, What About Sarge?: 7 rifleman that cant use any skills, and 1 delta commando that can use skills.
    Or
    Spill On Isle 8: All players go Desolator Chem Expert.
  20. Nicarco
    • Warden
    • Donator

Nicarco Warden

Lead Mags: No player can equip more than 5 magazines at any time (Keeping in inventory is fine)