Annoying Sounds - Very Annoying Too in fact

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by Peerawatz, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Peerawatz
    • Development Team

Peerawatz NOTD Staff: Sound Mixer and NOTD Troll Chieftain

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who gets trolled by these zomg "Loud" "Repetitive" "Annoying" "CURSE U" sounds of

1. Double Colonist Scream during Civ Rescue (They scream BEFORE actual zombies appear once, then AFTER all of them dead later, are they suffering hallucinations?, they even scream even though we screwed up and they all dead XD) and Apollo Start, I understands that it needs to be dramatic, but does it really has to be louder than a Tactical Nuke ? lol, some of them even just appears out of no where without any senses, like when civ rescue failed, there's screams everywhere, but all I see is hulks hulks and hulks, no civs.

2. Annoying "WHEEEEEEEEEEEE" sounds of any arty-shells before they reach, I mean seriously, these are the worst, I don't know why I didn't put this at 1st, but they are TOO LOUD, annoying too, I have to rage and either ctrl-s, or move my monitors away everytime a stupid FO uses them.

3. Gunshi....ah forget it.

4. This is not annoying, just very odd, Rifleman going Focus Fire saying weird quotes "Yes Sir" "Got It" "Of Course", hmm I'd prefer a cool sound effect over these troll quotes of randomness.

5. Those sounds that are global when they should not, there's too many I'll mention them again later.

Not only are they annoying, they make communication through Vent a pain in the arse, so I ended up having to Ctrl-S whenever these trolls appear, and for ol' mercy I can't ctrl-S the whole game too, for there're tons of situations that is mostly told by sounds, like Apollo Civs, Scrapyard Agron Alerts, Domes Alert etc.
  2. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Bugs, Pugs, and Scruggs

The two and only two feedback sounds when you have madness. I've gotten to a point where if I get madness I'll start typing them in all caps in the chat to make everyone else suffer as I have to.
  3. Ghost
    • Warden

Ghost Warden

Its gonna kill us all...HEAAALP annoys me to no end
  4. Yuey
    • Warden

Yuey Warden

Seconding the Madness feedback sounds, they cause spontaneous bouts of reckless play (from me at least) to lose a life and get rid of the annoyance. Gunship noises could use with a little noise reduction too.
  5. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

Doesnt the changeling and the infested marine have a plethora of sounds to use?
  6. Yuey
    • Warden

Yuey Warden

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaPsFFjBUvs[/video]
    Only the Marine Changeling will have a semi-suitable voice for this and the quotes available are.......not really useful.
    Unfortunately, the zealot changeling has a stupidly wonderful line for the lulz "I'm looking for a cat. Means worlds to me." Too bad its in the infested zealot voice, not marine.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yfxcVRj0AI[/video]
    Infested Marine quotes are well, standard stuff.
  7. Lord NiteShade
    • Wiki Founder
    • Community Leader

Lord NiteShade NOTD Staff: Wiki Founder/TeamSpeak Admin

You say that like its an issue for Peera?
  8. Ability
    • Development Team
    • NOTD Creator

Ability NOTD Creator

Which sounds are still global?
  9. Blaqk
    • Development Team
    • Webmaster/Liaison

Blaqk NOTD Staff: Bugs, Pugs, and Scruggs

YESSSSS!

GLADLY!