Ammo bug and the community

Discussion in 'Archive' started by JAW, Nov 18, 2012.

1. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

Well, I had an interesting occurrence today. I joined a NM alpha game, and asked people in-game if it was okay with them if I used the ammo bug. 5 people were ok with it, 2 were against it, so I went ahead and used it anyway. Long story short, I died. Slightly less short story, I got TK-ed. (with prior warning however)

The question I pose is this; how do we all feel about the ammo glitch? Obviously it should be fixed, but I want to hear your thoughts on this.

NOTE: This is not about specific incidents, so leave names and personal grievances out of this.
  2. Jercy

Jercy Well-Known Member

This thread seems very familiar....
  3. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

*cough* stat abuse thread *cough*
  4. Archangel

Archangel Well-Known Member

Don't worry, this Isn't the first time ozy's ego has gone into overdrive and took it upon himself to do this nonsense.

Just look past the childish act and forget about it, we all do.
  5. grandmarshal

grandmarshal New Member

btw, the ammo bug also affect the AB count...

meaning you cant keep 2 AB in inventory...else 1 will disappear
  6. Lulz

Lulz Well-Known Member

i find this pole extremely misleading, i think people are lying to themselves to make them think there better players/people, i know of only a handfull of players who know about the bug and refuse to use it. Cant you abusers at least own up to it?
  7. Blaze

Blaze New Member

ill admit i use it but i use the bug that dont leave crap mags everywhere
  8. grandmarshal

grandmarshal New Member

Oops my bad, wrong issue here. this kinda reminds me last time Smellycat used to do that for everyone to pump up the HP and MP amount to humongous level...till Abi fixed the loophole
  9. Shooz
    • Donator

Shooz NOTD Staff: Killjoy

When you post a thread. Post it in the proper board for it.

Thread moved to NOTD Discussion.
  10. Kith
    • Development Team
    • Designer

Kith NOTD Staff: Anti-Fun Wizard Skeleton

I alternate between the last two options depending on my mood. I ask people not to do it in my presence because I often collect information about the difficulty of the current game when I play (because, y'know, that's my job). If they do it anyways, well... like I said, whether I kill them or not depends how irritable I am at the time. I never kill in pubs, though, only organized. The players know full well what they're doing when they add me.
  11. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

Sorry, since it was about how people react to it, and not about the game itself, I thought it didn't belong here. My bad, I'll keep that in mind next time.
  12. Miracle
    • Development Team
    • Community Leader

Miracle NOTD Staff: Assistant of many things

I'm not proud to say this, but I use it almost every game...

Then again, I can play the game just fine even if it was fixed, since I pick up nearly every single magazine on the road >.>
  13. ArcanePariah
    • Development Team
    • Map Developer

ArcanePariah Miracle Worker

From a strictly ethics point of view, from the design intent of the game, I am against it. However, and this is a very very difficult thing, most gamers spend a great deal of time looking to combine or utilize features or bugs of game in order to "break" the game, bypassing systems and thus easing their way to victory.

From a game play standpoint, I am rather ambivalent towards this because having infinite ammo only makes one aspect (and a rather minor one at that) of the game easier. In no shape or form will it allow you to coast to a win. Having infiinite ammo will not compensate for poor skill usage or weapon usage (Nice infinite ammo + SMG.... against Hulks looool).
  14. Clown
    • Donator

Clown Well-Known Member

^
  15. Blaze

Blaze New Member

imn glad i havent played with you in an organized game yet lol
  16. rockz
    • Donator

rockz Well-Known Member

If it's there, I abuse it. Don't tell me you guys press sxf when you get hugged too.
  17. Ramses II
    • Donator

Ramses II Help, I can't change my title!

People always cite this. There's a difference between being affected by a bug and abusing a glitch. You have to go out of your way to use the ammo glitch.
  18. Harry B.C. Dresden

Harry B.C. Dresden Well-Known Member

if you make fake mags. pick them up. simple as that.
  19. Blaze

Blaze New Member

i swear no one listens when i offer to teach the trick to not make fake mags
  20. MissHumpz
    • Event Coordinator
    • Community Leader

MissHumpz NOTD Staff: Event Coordinator & Amazing Amazer

Shouldn't be teaching it to newbies. I didn't even know about it until recently and would much prefer if it the new generation didn't either. I'd rather have the new generation be bred as decent, conservative and sharing players.