Ammo Bar feedback thread

Discussion in 'NOTD Discussion' started by stanK, Jul 10, 2017.

1. stanK

stanK Member

Hello everyone,

As you may have noticed NOTD UI received a small visual upgrade in the form of ammo bar. This, in combination with reload system upgrade by rockz is intended to make reloading less bugged and closer to the original intent.

One can now qa laser with 3 rounds left and hit perfect reload easily.

This however doesn't mean that the implementation is perfect, so please post your findings and suggestions in this thread, and if you give good reasons changes may happen.
  2. VickHead
    • Donator

VickHead Mercenary

Any chance we can have the clip/mags default on the left side, where it was previously? I know we can move it, but it's game by game. Otherwise, it seems like the color visual would help new players.

As far as the extra time to reload, it seems very easy to gold. I can gold even when I feel I screwed up and should have missed it.
  3. stanK

stanK Member

Yes, can make default bar on left. I added it to right simply cos it looks much better when its big, but adding a big bar over inventory looked kinda weird.
    I want to know if its really better above inventory, or is it just a habit? Hard question to answer.

Also this isn't strict left/right choice, we can move the whole inventory and realoadbar to the middle, as was in original NOTD.

The original idea, based on what I see in code was to give a player 1 second after the last round fired, before they hit reload. However, due to spaghetti reasons, race condition in code is broken, so this works only on guns that fire slow. Like sting, or bar with no qa.
    Rockz workaround was to split that 1 second into 0.3 and 0.7 parts, and add extra conditions. You now get 0.7 seconds time after the final shot to reload.
  4. rockz
    • Donator

rockz Well-Known Member

Feel like saving preferences in your bank?

It's not supposed to be a razor thin margin to gold reload/white reload. NM punishes you by making gold reloads about 25% of white reload speed often.
  5. stanK

stanK Member

While saving in bank isn't hard, i'd like to avoid that.

The best solution is no choice at all, best option should be provided by the game.
  6. ArchaicHonor

ArchaicHonor New Member

I like the design, ambivalent about location. I did find myself looking for it above the inventory bar but am mostly used to it now.

Before during crazy things, I wouldn't even bother with reload but it's a lot easier for me to care about reload when I'm keeping an eyes on player location, enemy location by looking at 'bigness of bar' which is a single operation instead of looking at a number and doing a quick approximate calculation operation to figure out how close to 0 it is then matching it to my own internal efficiency-effectiveness heuristic. In other words, I don't bother if I can't do it in a glance if my job is keeping people alive in AC.
  7. Stan

Stan Well-Known Member

Bar works fine for me. Better than it was without it.